HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Mar 30, 2020, 12:58 AM

Sad news, looks like five guys is delayed due to covid. Was supposed to start in August, it’s at least October now.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2020, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmemeadusjr View Post
The new A&W at the North Atlantic in Paradise is pretty close to opening. All signage is up and the interior looks to be finished.
According to the "business panel" for it on Google search it says it's opening April 2. Guessing that might be delayed now..

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 12:20 PM

Merlos Inferno is closed on Kenmount road.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 12:11 AM

Second Cup locations in the Avalon Mall and Stavanger will not be reopening due to Snowmagedon and Covid-19.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 12:26 AM

International Flavours is also done.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 10:00 AM

Where exactly was Five Guys supposed to be located anyway. Galway? Or somewhere else? Not seen anything from the city council agendas regarding this. Did I miss it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfire View Post
Sad news, looks like five guys is delayed due to covid. Was supposed to start in August, it’s at least October now.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 10:13 AM

Was supposed to be open around June or July but my guess things will be somewhat delayed because of COVID-19. Though construction work on the building itself is progressing.

QUOTE=djslue;8857923]Does anyone know when the new steakhouse by the airport is opening? I think its called "The Rock" I can't find any info on it online.[/QUOTE]

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 10:48 AM

Montana's

Saw people on Twitter wondering about the status of Montana's on Stavanger Drive as there didn't seem to be any activity there and the website shows only the Kenmount Road location.

https://www.montanas.ca/en/locations.html

That much I can confirm. I haven't heard anything about it closing, but that would seem to indicate it. Anyone?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 1:08 PM

Here is a pic I too couple of days ago of "The Rock" Steakhouse Bar & Grill at Navigator Ave. at the airport entrance. It will also house a Robin's Coffee Shop too and some offices for the Penny Group who owns this and the Holiday Inn Express next door. It was supposed to be opened this month or July but they are not near that date yet. I assume the COVID-19 and snowmageddon slowed down the construction phase somewhat. But it's currently being worked on each day so hopefully sometime later this year.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...30&oe=5F15CE67

Last edited by Arrakis; Jun 24, 2020 at 3:42 PM.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 1:53 PM

Tinys on Topsail road (Old My Brother Place Building) is closed.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djslue View Post
No surprise. Found the service slow and the food terrible. Surprisingly their place in CBS is very popular.

That building must have a curse on it. Lost count of the restaurant names gone thru there.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 2:22 PM

I always rate the quality of that place by how long it takes for the restaurant owners to cover up the graffiti that defaces the side of the building. Its's a constant issue there. If the quality outside of its building is not important, I assume that same quality ideal is likely inside too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjavman View Post
No surprise. Found the service slow and the food terrible. Surprisingly their place in CBS is very popular.

That building must have a curse on it. Lost count of the restaurant names gone thru there.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 2:25 PM

So are they closed for good at the Topsail Road location. They have a March 18 announcement on their Facebook page that says they are closed until further notice due to COVID-19 and will reopen in the future. Has this now changed to permanently closed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djslue View Post

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offshore1 View Post
Saw people on Twitter wondering about the status of Montana's on Stavanger Drive as there didn't seem to be any activity there and the website shows only the Kenmount Road location.

https://www.montanas.ca/en/locations.html

That much I can confirm. I haven't heard anything about it closing, but that would seem to indicate it. Anyone?
My husband and I were wondering about it recently. I saw the twitter conversation and sent a tweet and made a post on their facebook. No response. Too bad as there are very few places in the east end to sit down and have a meal.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 5:03 PM

Well, don't be surprised if more eateries in the area follow suit with leaving the Stavanger Drive area. Recipe Unlimited (aka Cara Foods) which owns Montanas, Swiss Chalet and Harvey's in the east end have no problem with shuttering restaurants that are losing money or not performing to their standards. They closed the Milestones franchise which they also own last year on Hebron Way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla77 View Post
My husband and I were wondering about it recently. I saw the twitter conversation and sent a tweet and made a post on their facebook. No response. Too bad as there are very few places in the east end to sit down and have a meal.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 9:41 AM

But where is the building located? You said construction is continuing but I cant find the building location you speak of.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla77 View Post
As an update the Montanas twitter account did respond to me after and said the location isn't closing permanently.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 3:36 PM

What post are you asking about. You didn’t link it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmything1972 View Post
But where is the building located? You said construction is continuing but I cant find the building location you speak of.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2020, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
Was supposed to be open around June or July but my guess things will be somewhat delayed because of COVID-19. Though construction work on the building itself is progressing.

QUOTE=djslue;8857923]Does anyone know when the new steakhouse by the airport is opening? I think its called "The Rock" I can't find any info on it online.
[/QUOTE]

Forgot to include message first time.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2020, 2:21 PM

I think it's next to the Holiday Inn Expess at the Airport roundabout. Google streetview has it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's