HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 4:22 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandCritter View Post
I do. Chill.
Look who's also a troll.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Look who's also a troll.
Haha ok

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 4:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Haha ok
Since you don't understand social norms, apparently, replying "chill" to someone is extremely passive aggressive. Either add to the conversation or move on.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 4:52 PM

Quote:
No. The right to protest is pretty close to as important as the right to free speech. This right should never be taken for granted. Do you not understand the type of political climate we are living in right now? The type of anti-democratic and anti-liberalism ignorance coming out of people like "Missinglink" should be fought against and hard. Unless you don't understand history and/or don't appreciate the freedoms we have had for only a relatively short period of time.
you can say whatever you want, at any time. Be mindful, and respectful and care for others. dont be an ass, even in an an argument. free speech is still here and always will be. at some point...someone will get offended, no matter how nice and respectful you are, someone watching will make a fuss about something good or bad anyways, and its never about the issue, just something with that person, but the media doesnt help in going about it, Stop listening to the media, all of it is crap, If your one who scrolls social media daily, and watches tv all the time, and gasps on whatever you see on whats going on in the world, then your already hooped. People call me crazy for not having minimal social media and not owning a tv, but yet life seems to be pretty darn good and stress free. Everyone else i know is worried about " something ". whatever that is...your freedom is fine. Turn off the tv and go for a walk.

as for freedom, if you work a job, your not that free. Just a modern day slave. but, we do live in a free country, we have that oppurtunity to change that.

Lets stop calling people down for stuff, like protesting or whatever it is. Let em do it, and keep moving on and be kind. Our country forgot how to do that.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 5:18 PM
Speak the truth, then run

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
as for freedom, if you work a job, your not that free. Just a modern day slave.
Moderators: The details of my response are irrelevant. Please just remove this post as abusive and issue me a warning.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Since you don't understand social norms, apparently, replying "chill" to someone is extremely passive aggressive. Either add to the conversation or move on.
Haha, you are something. If you need a safe space from that "extremely passive aggressive" word you must have thin skin.

Ni Ni Ni

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 6:10 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Haha, you are something. If you need a safe space from that "extremely passive aggressive" word you must have thin skin.

Ni Ni Ni
Lol calling out trolls is not asking for a safe space. Everyone is free to say what they want. No one is free from the consequences of what they say, however.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Strong View Post
Moderators: The details of my response are irrelevant. Please just remove this post as abusive and issue me a warning.
There is nothing abusive about that post. If this requires a warning then everyone on this forum and sky city for the most part should get one. Worse things have been said prior to this protest talk and in your sky forum. Get over it

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Lol calling out trolls is not asking for a safe space. Everyone is free to say what they want. No one is free from the consequences of what they say, however.
There we go.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 6:15 PM

Quote:
I guess I will take the consequences of my extreme word. Sorry you got hurt feelings.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 6:18 PM

Quote:
I guess I will take the consequences of my extreme word. Sorry you got hurt feelings.
Ill take my consequence too lol aint gonna change the way i think though

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 6:20 PM
BANNED

Quote:
you can say whatever you want, at any time. Be mindful, and respectful and care for others. dont be an ass, even in an an argument. free speech is still here and always will be. at some point...someone will get offended, no matter how nice and respectful you are, someone watching will make a fuss about something good or bad anyways, and its never about the issue, just something with that person, but the media doesnt help in going about it, Stop listening to the media, all of it is crap, If your one who scrolls social media daily, and watches tv all the time, and gasps on whatever you see on whats going on in the world, then your already hooped. People call me crazy for not having minimal social media and not owning a tv, but yet life seems to be pretty darn good and stress free. Everyone else i know is worried about " something ". whatever that is...your freedom is fine. Turn off the tv and go for a walk.

as for freedom, if you work a job, your not that free. Just a modern day slave. but, we do live in a free country, we have that oppurtunity to change that.

Lets stop calling people down for stuff, like protesting or whatever it is. Let em do it, and keep moving on and be kind. Our country forgot how to do that.
Social media IS crap. Following multiple trustworthy news sources (i.e. AP, BBC, Reuters, NYT, Wapo, etc), even just occasionally, is necessary in a democracy, however. This is already going way off topic so I will avoid explaining the reason why its necessary, but it should be obvious why. A little history would show how quickly a country can go from relatively free and opportunistic to not in a short period of time. With what's going on with propaganda being spread on Facebook, Twitter, Fox News, etc, we cannot sit idly by when fundamental rights of ours are being criticized.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Social media IS crap. Following multiple trustworthy news sources (i.e. AP, BBC, Reuters, NYT, Wapo, etc), even just occasionally, is necessary in a democracy, however. This is already going way off topic so I will avoid explaining the reason why its necessary, but it should be obvious why. A little history would show how quickly a country can go from relatively free and opportunistic to not in a short period of time. With what's going on with propaganda being spread on Facebook, Twitter, Fox News, etc, we cannot sit idly by when fundamental rights of ours are being criticized.
What i kind of mean i guess is that alot of these problems that we are seeing...arent really there. The sources are just telling us they are. Now there are issues...but i think on the level its being reported in whatever source it is...its over and above to make it seem like its the worlds end. Mostly from what ive seen in society things are pretty normal. I think everyone is too but alot of people are just living in fear. Which i dont think we have to...

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 6:30 PM

Welp, this thread sure jumped the shark.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 6:31 PM

Quote:
There is nothing abusive about that post.
I never said there was.

My point was that an honest and sincere response to it would be abusive by definition.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Strong View Post
I never said there was.

My point was that an honest and sincere response to it would be abusive by definition.
My mistake

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
Welp, this thread sure jumped the shark.
At least it has some action now. Itll die soon anyways lol.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 7:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
What i kind of mean i guess is that alot of these problems that we are seeing...arent really there. The sources are just telling us they are. Now there are issues...but i think on the level its being reported in whatever source it is...its over and above to make it seem like its the worlds end. Mostly from what ive seen in society things are pretty normal. I think everyone is too but alot of people are just living in fear. Which i dont think we have to...
I will agree that is true for some things that are sensationalized in the media, like terrorism, crime (especially when the victims are children), etc. But not when it comes to silencing of speech from the far left, or the underestimating of the impact of man-made climate change from the right, or rising nationalism (as evidenced by recent elections and referendums in Western countries), for example.

To bring this back to Regina, look at the kind of things that are happening (or are not happening) due to the lack of protest or engagement of the populace. All I am saying is we must keep shouting to let our elected officials know how we feel and no one should be criticized for doing it peacefully (although its their right to hold the ignorant view that protesters don't have jobs). Sometimes protest is the only thing that kick-starts progress. The city has done absolutely nothing regarding Capital Pointe until this "Wow" protest was in the planning stages. I don't think it is entirely a coincidence.

Last edited by djforsberg; Apr 25, 2018 at 7:21 PM.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 7:15 PM

Quote:
At least it has some action now. Itll die soon anyways lol.
Nope. Not even close. The court phase is just starting.

It may be years until someone commits to paying for filling in the hole. A contractor won't do it unless and until they're sure they'll get paid.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 7:21 PM
arf

Once the foundation of North Canadian Oils starts to fail, the city will pay to fill it, or once there is an accident with injury on Albert Street or Victoria Avenue.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan