HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 5, 2008, 6:48 PM
Canadian Urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus41 View Post
Ha! I wouldn't talk if I were you. From what I've seen, Reginians have the biggest inferiority complex by far around here. Always needing to prove how "big" and "important" they are. They couldn't even handle a debate about moving the Roughriders to Saskatoon without resorting to childish insults and tantrums. And then there is the "Shell Canada might move to Regina" dream that Reginians are actually delusional enough to believe. It will never happen.

I would advise against someone from Regina as moderator to maintain civility and order in this forum, as it lacks in this category right now.

Winnipeg or Saskatoon are better choices.
Awesome, thanks for the input.

I'll be sure to write down your info and pass it onto the appropriate person.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2008, 7:46 PM

Any reason why there shouldn't be two new moderators, one for Manitoba and another for the Saskatchewan threads? I don't see too much cross-over from the primarily-Manitoba users getting involved with the Saskatchewan threads, and vice-versa; maybe having someone trustworthy and familiar with local issues in each of the provinces would be helpful to keep things on track and guide discussion.

I second SaskFTW's self-nomination for moderator, s/he makes useful and respectful posts.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2008, 8:01 PM
Movin' on up

Maybe the time is right to give Manitoba and Saskatchewan their own forums to promote themselves individually. These are two distinct, individual provinces that typically get lumped together for every category under the sun. I know that Manitoba threads have enough traffic to warrent this idea. Just a thought.

ps I vote for Archiseek.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2008, 8:12 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus41 View Post
Ha! I wouldn't talk if I were you. From what I've seen, Reginians have the biggest inferiority complex by far around here. Always needing to prove how "big" and "important" they are. They couldn't even handle a debate about moving the Roughriders to Saskatoon without resorting to childish insults and tantrums. And then there is the "Shell Canada might move to Regina" dream that Reginians are actually delusional enough to believe. It will never happen.

I would advise against someone from Regina as moderator to maintain civility and order in this forum, as it lacks in this category right now.

Pot meet kettle.....

That said, my vote goes for Reginaguy!

Old Posted Mar 5, 2008, 8:59 PM
the first stamp is free

If Archiseek is up for it, I have no problems with him as a mod.

I do agree that there should be two created, one for MB and one for SASK.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2008, 9:16 PM
http://www.archiseek.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
I'm ok with Arch. if he's up for it. We can settle things over arm wrestling at the King's Head.

what a great idea for disputes
home and away legs - both parties nominate a pub

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 12:02 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus41

I agree. No one from Regina is capable of moderating the Manitoba & Saskatchewan thread objectively.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 12:29 AM

That's going a bit far guys, don't you think? Are you trying to say that Regina forumers are somehow less intelligent or responsible than the other members?

I'd like you to find one city on this forum that doesn't have members who are immature, who troll, start fights, and engage in meaningless boosterism campaigns. What makes Regina so much worse all of the sudden?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 1:00 AM
I am a typical

Why not someone from Calgary?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 1:36 AM
Armchair urbanist

It shouldn't matter where the person is from, so long as the candidate is mature and objective enough to put petty differences behind them. Are we saying no one from our provinces fits this bill?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 2:00 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexrae View Post
It shouldn't matter where the person is from, so long as the candidate is mature and objective enough to put petty differences behind them. Are we saying no one from our provinces fits this bill?
Actually it should matter where the person is from.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 2:08 AM
working stiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaGuy View Post
That's going a bit far guys, don't you think? Are you trying to say that Regina forumers are somehow less intelligent or responsible than the other members?

I'd like you to find one city on this forum that doesn't have members who are immature, who troll, start fights, and engage in meaningless boosterism campaigns. What makes Regina so much worse all of the sudden?
Disclaimer: Warning you are about to experience wild thoughts...proceed with caution.

I'll admit Saskatoon fits that category, as well as Winnipeg and many other cities, but Regina does it differently...obviously Regina has it's fair share of quality members, but I feel there is a disproportionate amount of loyalty and defensive and offensive self-admiring emanating from Regina...I suspect it is somehow related to the Riders, although I can not prove with any amount of accuracy that is in fact the source (If I were a socio-psych-history major I'd give you a really good guess).

My idea of SSP:

SSP is a place to simultaneously share, understand, enlighten, collaborate, compete, and reflect through knowledge among other like minded urban enthusiasts.

SSP should never be viewed as a place to debate and argue the absolute superiority of any individual city over another, or the absolute superiority of one particular ideology, policy perspective, artistic design over another (unless consent by both parties is given for an agreed upon debate and should minimally disrupt the ongoing discussion between non-participants).

SSP should strive to encourage it's members to carefully weigh and measure all the positives and negatives (no matter how awkward or initially discouraging and unthinkable).

Other members (including myself) are not interested in elementary games (unless that is the agreed upon pursuit), there is an implicit and explicit understanding between many members that mutual criticism and encouragement between citizens of different cities is the common denominator (we may bash each other sometimes, but more often than not we shall commit to furthering our city's potential on the global stage).

I am sure I am missing a few other guiding principles, but that's how I operate under the handle SASKFTW. Coincidentally, it is also how I operate outside of SSP, less the images of course

Perhaps we can reach an agreement over a game of 21?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 2:09 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexrae View Post
Certainly no one from Canada, anyway. Have you seen our Parliament?? Yikes..

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASKFTW View Post

My idea of SSP:

SSP is a place to simultaneously share, understand, enlighten, collaborate, compete, and reflect through knowledge among other like minded urban enthusiasts.

SSP should never be viewed as a place to debate and argue the absolute superiority of any individual city over another, or the absolute superiority of one particular ideology, policy perspective, artistic design over another (unless consent by both parties is given for an agreed upon debate and should minimally disrupt the ongoing discussion between non-participants).

SSP should strive to encourage it's members to carefully weigh and measure all the positives and negatives (no matter how awkward or initially discouraging and unthinkable).

Other members (including myself) are not interested in elementary games (unless that is the agreed upon pursuit), there is an implicit and explicit understanding between many members that mutual criticism and encouragement between citizens of different cities is the common denominator (we may bash each other sometimes, but more often than not we shall commit to furthering our city's potential on the global stage).

I am sure I am missing a few other guiding principles, but that's how I operate under the handle SASKFTW. Coincidentally, it is also how I operate outside of SSP, less the images of course
SASKFTW seems to have the head start in this selection process. Any other nominees care to unveil their 'campaign platforms'? Well, not exactly a platform... how is it put in Citizen Kane? Declaration of Principles? That's it. Let's hear 'em!

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 3:59 AM

If elected, I will run this board like a tyrannical dictator.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 4:10 AM
Saskatchewan's Largest

My vote for Saskatchewan representation goes to SASKFTW, he has contributed positively on both Saskatoon and Regina topics. As for the Manitoban, first one to post a picture of Carrot Top gets my vote

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 4:22 AM
Canadian Urbanite

I vote for ReginaGuy. Easily the best choice to represent Saskatchewan.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 4:30 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaGuy View Post
If elected, I will run this board like a tyrannical dictator.
If elected, I will be the opposite. In that, I will neglect my duty to run this board, thus being useless.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 4:37 AM
Movin' on up

The more I read the responses here, the more I feel there are only two appropriate choices to be had:

1. Give Manitoba and Saskatchewan their own respective forums.

or

2. Provide a moderator from each province as there would be too much animosity if only a Manitoba or Saskatchewan moderator is present.

What's fair is fair, so let's do this right the first time.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M II A II R II K View Post
Clearly there's a need to add a moderator here, I post this to find out if there are any interested forumers, and then we shall take it from there.
THANK YOU!!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan