HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment

Old Posted Jan 10, 2008, 7:57 AM
good time not a long time

Trailblazer dynasty starting early?

Ok, they are the 3rd youngest team in NBA history, nobody expected them to be *this* good yet. But I've always thought that once they drafted Aldridge and Roy they were going to be damn promising... Then they get Oden and Fernandez last draft day and I knew that they were a dynasty in the making... But that is still at least 3-4 years down the road.

What I did not expect from them is to contend for the NW division this year. I thought that they would be a fringe 8th seed team but probably not making it. Although don't get your hopes up too much, it can still happen! Anyways congrats on the year so far, they have done it maturely and with stand up guys like Roy (who, even though Redick and Morrison got all the attention, he was the best player in '05-'06 NCAA bball.)

Have fun with this team Portland!

Old Posted Jan 10, 2008, 4:20 PM

C'mon, they are a playoff team. We will see how they handle the 7 game road trip, but I'm pretty confident we will make it into the first round this year. One of my favorite signs in the Rose Garden:

"All this and Oden next year!"

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 3:41 AM
'Can Draw It'

Gotta agree with MarkDaMan.....let's see what happens on this road trip. If they can finish it 500 (well, that's numerically impossible) I'd be happy....Ok, i'm hoping for at least a 4-3 trip. Then I'd say they're for real. The way they are playing though I wouldn't be surprised to see them come home 5-2. That would make me VERY happy.

And I agree with you also Jiminy when they drafted Oden and Fernandez in the 07' draft, that the future was very bright. Those (plus a veteran point guard) are the missing pieces to the puzzle. I do like Blake a LOT though and he's getting close to "veteran" status himself. But who'd a thunk it that they'd be where they are right now?

This team continues to amaze me though. I can't deny I get bugged at the lack of national attention. Of course the Lakers get it, and they are playing well also. Over on the RealGM portland forum there's a thread about who's going to be better, Oden or Bynum. Granted, Bynum is starting to play like a stud, but I think in the big picture, Oden is going to be the MAN.

(not quite Mark's status....., but close..)

And we have a nice young Roy and Aldridge, and Kobe is getting old...But like I said in another thread, it sucks that "Smell A" plays well right when the Blazers do. I won't tell you how much I dislike that team and all of the "media, celebrity" hype that goes with them. Kobe doesn't deserve a good team...talk about your arrogant, spoiled, albeit talented players. BARF....Nothing I enjoy more in the world of sports than to see them lose (always).

GO BLAZERS.....you guys rock..

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 10:25 AM

this trailblazer team has shown them selfs and i have complete confidence in my team GO BLAZERS!!

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 11:07 AM

this trailblazer team has shown them selfs and i have complete confidence in my team GO BLAZERS!!

Old Posted Jan 14, 2008, 11:11 AM
'Can Draw It'

Send out those positive vibes.....we should have won this game against Toronto but coaches' decision for "whatever" (????) reason to keep Pryzbylla on the bench was a mistake. Bosh took it too us from 5 ft in, and JP would have not let that happen to the extent it did.

Roy is an All Star and just as good as Mr. Dwayne Wade was in year 2. He'll go down one day (after hopefully a career only in this city) as one of the Blazer greats. He was out of his mind good today. Too bad the coaching was sub par and only Outlaw and Frye were the only other players to show up.

On to New Jersey, and this is a must win and a new streak to start. Keep this team in your thoughts on this trip! It could make or break the season.

YOU GO TRAILBLAZERS, you tough as nails make our city proud bunch of ballers!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2008, 4:12 PM

It ended last night against the Rockets. I have to say, the Blazers have the worst announcers the entire NBA.

Some lowlights:

1. Racist comments: Yao talked to officials. Announcers bitched about why he isn't getting a T, then said they didn't T him up probably because he wasn't talking in English.

2. Constant, Constant bitching about calls. Yao ran away from contact, got whistled.. announcer say there is obviously a fould. Repeated ad nauseum.

3. Don't do their homework, talk out of their asses: Landry hits open J: Announcer says Landry is a lot like Hayes, both hustle and both HIT THE 15-FOOT JUMPER? When the hell does Hayes even attempt 15 foot jumpers?

Old Posted Jan 26, 2008, 5:15 PM

I agree...the Blazer announcers suck. Since I purchased the NBA League Pass it is even more apparent. Why is the former Blazer and NBA (Steve Jones???) commentator now calling the Sonic games? He is great, imo. He must have a contract with the Fox Sports Network. Our loss.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2008, 6:39 PM

I like Mike & Mike. Although I do agree that last night wasn't there best night, but it wasn't the blazers best night either.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trace
It ended last night against the Rockets.
What a stupid thing to say. Yeah, we need a guy from Houston claiming they've ended a great year. A 7 game road trip for the hella young team just ended and it isn't unusual for their first game home to be difficult. They'll get their groove back, I have no doubt about that.

I can't figure out though why anyone would waste their time coming here to rub their teams win in another teams face. That just being a poor winner, and worst than a poor loser. Do you do that on other threads around the forum too?

Old Posted Jan 27, 2008, 2:47 AM

"It all ended last night"? That comment is not worth entertaining. Sounds like a HATER to me......He's been sippin' on too much of that Houston syrup.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2008, 1:28 AM

YEAH! Portland just beat Atlanta. This Blazer team is so good in the 4th quarter, quite the contrast from the Blazer team of the late 80's-early 90's. RIP CITY!

Old Posted Jan 28, 2008, 2:19 AM
'Can Draw It'

Yeah, go Blazers. Great comeback win over Atlanta. And did Mr. Houston (above) realize that the Blazers had JUST gotten back from a 7 games in 12 days road trip with one day of rest? (as MarkDaMan mentioned)

Oh, and where is it that Houston's coach lives in the offseason?

Oh yeah, Portland. ; )

p.s. we may not have the best tv guys, but you can't beat Wheels and Toine on the radio..

BOOOOOMMCHAKKALAAAKKKAAA!!!!

Old Posted Jan 28, 2008, 2:53 AM
Submarine de Nucléar

wow, thats amazing - they were sucking when the game first started.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2008, 12:39 AM

lets keep the blazers conversation in the oregon sports thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=138843&page=4

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment