HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jul 14, 2015, 7:28 PM
Droppin' Loads

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
They now expect to start in November for a 2018 completion.
Awesome! Outdoor areas look nice. Since it looks like they are every 3 floors, I wonder if the two floors above will have access if they are not leased by the same tenant as the patio floor.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 9:47 PM

Looks like prep work has started. They were tearing up some concrete last week.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2015, 7:45 PM

You can see the activity on the Salesforce Tower cam. All the trailers were removed on 8/13, and they've been working on the site ever since.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 4:01 PM

one can only wonder.
if they get this up and built before salesforce and 50 first, maybe they can get it rented-out before them as well.

funny thought,,i feel (well, maybe not) for those who paid a bundle in the millennium tower. i mean, 181 fremont to block the south, salesforce to the east and the park tower to the west.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 5:19 PM
Only Mostly Dead

It's a bummer but people have to realize views aren't guaranteed, even at Millennium prices.

I'm sure this will come online before 50 First, which still needs to complete the approval process (slated for this year, I believe), is a much larger building and will require demolition of existing buildings. Per the published timelines, Salesforce should be available a little before this, even with the delays they've experienced.

What I haven't seen so far is any info on how far down they will need to install caissons and excavate for this. I think there are supposed to be about 120 underground parking spaces, but I don't know how many levels that would be. And this is even farther into the bay fill area, so the caissons may need to go down pretty far as well.

Does anyone know anything about the subterranean aspects of this project? I'm curious to know what's coming.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
It's a bummer but people have to realize views aren't guaranteed, even at Millennium prices.

I'm sure this will come online before 50 First, which still needs to complete the approval process (slated for this year, I believe), is a much larger building and will require demolition of existing buildings. Per the published timelines, Salesforce should be available a little before this, even with the delays they've experienced.

What I haven't seen so far is any info on how far down they will need to install caissons and excavate for this. I think there are supposed to be about 120 underground parking spaces, but I don't know how many levels that would be. And this is even farther into the bay fill area, so the caissons may need to go down pretty far as well.

Does anyone know anything about the subterranean aspects of this project? I'm curious to know what's coming.
Just two underground levels, according to the brochure

http://www.parktowerattransbay.com/u...ok_0611_sm.pdf

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 8:17 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Thanks! Of course it is in the one document I didn't check on their site. So not as deep an excavation as Salesforce. Plus they are using a stacking system and won't need to excavate the entire footprint of the building. those factors should help the speed of construction a little.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Sep 25, 2015, 5:40 AM

Park Tower's #land purchase has been finalized & #construction is commencing immediately! Learn more at http://www.parktowerattransbay.com #CRE

https://twitter.com/ParkTowerSF

Plans for Transbay's Block 5 have been in the works for a while now, with the development team—a joint venture between Golub Real Estate Corp. and The John Buck Company—proposing a 43-story office tower for the site. Now, the $173 million sale of the site has officially gone through and an October 6 groundbreaking ceremony has been set.

http://sf.curbed.com

Old Posted Oct 1, 2015, 1:18 AM
Only Mostly Dead

There's a crawler crane onsite today. Just another sign that this is getting ready to take off.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2015, 6:55 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Not much to see other than prep for tomorrow's ceremonial ground breaking:

Has anyone noticed if the pile driver onsite has been working or is just staged for now?

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 4:53 AM

Thanks for all of the photo updates, peanut gallery!

A little blurb from Socket Site about the ground breaking:

Quote:
The ground has officially been broken for the 43-story office tower to rise on Transbay Block 5, fronting Howard Street between Beale and Main.
http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...-transbay.html

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 7:14 AM

What a beaut. It is thrilling to see the skyline change every time I come back every 2-3 months. Looks like I will be very entertained for the next few years.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 4:16 PM

A couple photos of the groundbreaking:

https://instagram.com/p/8gzSPFhjKe/
https://twitter.com/GallenNeilly/sta...20227604193280

Here's why this one was able to break ground so fast:

Quote:
MetLife Takes Majority Stake in New San Francisco Office Tower

MetLife Inc. is taking a majority stake in a 43-story office tower being built next to San Francisco’s Transbay Transit Center, expanding the biggest U.S. life insurer’s holdings in one of the country’s most expensive office markets.

MetLife formed a joint venture with Chicago-based John Buck Co. and Golub & Co. for the property, called Park Tower at Transbay, the companies said in a statement before the building’s groundbreaking Tuesday. The tower, which doesn’t yet have a tenant, is scheduled for completion in 2018.

Financial terms of the venture weren’t disclosed. Fred Pieretti, a spokesman for MetLife, said the company will own a majority interest in the building.
Quote:
MetLife Places $345MM into Transbay Office Development

MetLife has made a $345 million equity investment into the Park Tower at Transbay office development located at the corner of Howard and Beale Streets in downtown San Francisco, according to sources that are familiar with the transaction.

A company representative of MetLife declined to comment on this transaction.

The equity investment made by the life company will be done for the general account of MetLife. The equity investment will give the life company a 95 percent ownership stake in the project. The other 5 percent is held by the other partners in the joint venture. These are two Chicago-based companies, The John Buck Company and Golub Real Estate.
And the official press release:

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- MetLife, Inc. announced today it has formed a joint venture with developers The John Buck Company and Golub Real Estate to build a 743,000-square-foot, Class A office tower near the Transbay Transit Center in San Francisco. MetLife is an equity investor in the partnership developing Park Tower at Transbay.

Construction of the 43-floor, LEED Gold pre-certified office tower will begin next month, with completion scheduled for June 2018. Park Tower, located at Howard and Beale streets, will be a component of the Transbay Transit Center, a multi-billion-dollar redevelopment project with residential, commercial and transportation facilities three blocks from San Francisco Bay. JLL brokered the deal.

"MetLife is excited to be involved in the Park Tower project in San Francisco as it fits our long-term strategy of developing core assets in markets with strong fundamentals," said Robert Merck, senior managing director and head of global real estate for MetLife. "We are looking forward to working with the John Buck and Golub companies, both of whom bring many years of first-rate experience to real estate development and management."

Kevin Hites, chief investment officer of The John Buck Company, added: "We've put a world-class team together for this project because we believe Park Tower will be a world-class corporate location for San Francisco companies long into the future. We look forward to showing those companies why they should call Park Tower home."

Old Posted Oct 8, 2015, 4:07 AM

Old Posted Oct 16, 2015, 9:45 PM

They've started some work...

Old Posted Oct 16, 2015, 10:09 PM
Only Mostly Dead

From what little you can see on the Salesforce web cam, I wondered if they were doing shoring work. But that looks like caissons are going in. Good to see.

Last edited by peanut gallery; Oct 26, 2015 at 4:04 AM.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2015, 7:00 AM
heavy user of walkability

a peek at the site

Old Posted Nov 11, 2015, 11:15 PM

SFHog has some new photos showing excavation under way:

http://www.sfhog.com/250-howard-stre...uction-update/

Old Posted Nov 18, 2015, 5:49 AM
She needs her space

I took this picture weeks ago before they really started digging. Any idea what it is?

Old Posted Nov 18, 2015, 9:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post
I took this picture weeks ago before they really started digging. Any idea what it is?

Every project of size needs a site survey. This site most likely includes a soils survey as well. Everything below ground, including pipes and utilities, and maybe even old ships, needs to be verified in addition to records at some point before work can continue. I am not certain that that is what they looking at here, but it would seem plausible that it may be part of it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive