HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

35 Hudson Yards in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
For some reason, this render gives me an odd sense of déjà vu...Something like...

Source
I agree the form looks very similar, however I find the rendering of the Equinox Tower to be much more attractive than Trump International came out.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 4:56 PM
Build Baby Build

I agree, this tower definitely draws its main inspiration from the Trump International in Chicago. I think the curves, facade, and neighbors make the E tower a great improvement overall. Its facade reminds me of an Ancient Roman/Grecian column made out of glass. I love it and I am now sad that I moved away from Manhattan.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 10:12 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimiak View Post
I agree, this tower definitely draws its main inspiration from the Trump International in Chicago.
I doubt it. Other than setbacks, they are nothing alike really. One has curves, the other has curves, but that would be like saying every box draws inspiration from every other box.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 11:08 PM

I'm with you there! I don't see any resemblance to that banal building that is the Trump International. Tho it does kind of remind me of the Lipstick Building from certain angles.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 11:46 PM
BANNED

Penis joke anyone?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2013, 12:42 AM
An Optimistic Realist

^^^ Almost every skyscraper from then to now has been sort of a penis joke, either literally, figuratively,or both.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2013, 1:04 AM

Looks like Trump International (Chicago) had sex with Lipstick Building (New York) and produced an offspring.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2013, 12:38 PM
don't *meddle*...

Old Posted Oct 20, 2013, 12:05 AM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
Looks like Trump International (Chicago) had sex with Lipstick Building (New York) and produced an offspring.
Well we certainly know who the lady in that tango would be.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2013, 3:01 AM

A very underrated design.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2013, 2:36 AM
New Yorker for life

Overall, an improvement...

http://hudsonyardsnewyork.com/website-map

before

after

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2013, 5:33 AM
BANNED

Did the design change? It looks better (first pic) in post #91 than the second one.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2013, 5:57 AM
New Yorker for life

That's another, earlier version. The tower was a little taller.

You may know it better this way...

The new design includes more setbacks and bulk...

The blue shaded area shows the office portion of the tower...

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 1:50 PM
New Yorker for life

Another rendering to throw into the mix...

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 2:10 PM

Even with the height reduction, HU North looks too short compared to the E-tower...perhaps it's a matter of perspective but I think people are right in saying there needs to be a "signature" tower here that stands above the rest. Who knows though. The renderings of Two WTC next to One WTC have always worked well...maybe this will too...

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 2:14 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Even with the height reduction, HU North looks too short compared to the E-tower...perhaps it's a matter of perspective but I think people are right in saying there needs to be a "signature" tower here that stands above the rest. Who knows though. The renderings of Two WTC next to One WTC have always worked well...maybe this will too...
That's because the E tower in that rendering has increased height. The towers are too close in height for one to be really dominant. The reason 1 and 2 work well together in renderings is because of the massive spire. Remove that, and they're also close in height, but we expect that from buildings that are replacing the Twins. There are going to be many more buildings around these towers, a lot of them very tall. Something needs to stand out.

This tower will be Ross's personal trophy building. He will live at the very top, so maybe he wanted to be closer to the clouds.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
That's because the E tower in that rendering has increased height. The towers are too close in height for one to be really dominant. The reason 1 and 2 work well together in renderings is because of the massive spire. Remove that, and they're also close in height, but we expect that from buildings that are replacing the Twins. There are going to be many more buildings around these towers, a lot of them very tall. Something needs to stand out.

This tower will be Ross's personal trophy building. He will live at the very top, so maybe he wanted to be closer to the clouds.
Yes, I guess this is true. Still, we are talking about a 250 foot difference...that's still pretty significant. Would I like a taller North tower? Yeah, but this isn't too bad...

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 3:26 PM

That fifth tower at far left is decidedly a newness...but I'm thinking it's some kind of placeholder.
But for what??
Edit: Just noticed something else...These redacted height figures now give the whole "quad" another "Libeskindian" upward spiral. Notice how it begins with 10H and ends at 30...Calgarian twins save for the ob deck plate at 30.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 3:37 PM

It looks like it could be One Hudson Yards, which Related got from Extell.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 5:59 PM

I wish that they'd tear down the Daily News bldg and built a 1600-2000 ft. tower. it'd be a nice Guangzhou-like feeling.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive