HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Feb 9, 2016, 4:24 AM

ALLENTOWN | Eighth and Hamilton | 13 FLOORS

Quote:
City Center recently unveiled plans for its largest project to date, the two-tower Five City Center Urban Innovation Campus, which aims to lure forward-thinking companies and millennial-generation workers to Downtown Allentown. The campus will span a full city block with 400,000 square feet of office space in a 17-story signature office tower on Seventh Street, flanked by a 19-story, 200-unit residential high-rise at Eighth and Hamilton streets. A nearly two-acre public park called Center Green will tie the two buildings together and offer community programs.

The project, estimated to cost between $200 million and $225 million, also includes 33,000 square feet of retail space with a grocery store and wellness center on the lower floors of the residential building and a daycare center on the first floor of the Terrace Garage. The 700-space parking garage will be topped with a swimming pool for residents of the high-rise.
http://citycenterlehighvalley.com/fi...sler-unveiled/

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/alle...616-story.html

Old Posted Feb 9, 2016, 4:32 AM

Old Posted Feb 9, 2016, 3:31 PM
Fishtown & Country

At least the garage has a pool even though it takes up a corner property.

Good for them if it happens. Never thought I would see Allentown bounce back.. it was pretty bleak when I lived there, but that was a long time ago.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2016, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blart View Post
Good for them if it happens. Never thought I would see Allentown bounce back.. it was pretty bleak when I lived there, but that was a long time ago.
While Allentown (the city) is still rough around the edges, the greater area has largely become exurban sprawl for people priced out of the NYC metro. Lots of newer housing affordable to moderate income families. Tons of people commute via bus, and commuter rail is planned.

I'm pretty sure the urban areas (Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton) are fast becoming Hispanic, most of them looking for cheap housing, like pretty much all older towns within say 100 miles of NYC.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2016, 8:01 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blart View Post
At least the garage has a pool even though it takes up a corner property.

I hope so.

I've always thought the Lehigh Valley could benefit from a direct rail connection to Philly the way Lancaster especially has been lately.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Feb 10, 2016, 4:41 PM
Fishtown & Country

There was a regional rail line station in Bethlehem but it was shut down in the early 80s.

I think there was recent talk of possibly re-establishing that route but don't know if it got anywhere.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2016, 1:19 AM

City Center's Innovation Tower project on hold

Quote:
By now, it was hoped construction would be well underway on Five City Center, the eye-catching, 17-story Innovation Tower planned for Seventh Street between Walnut and Hamilton.

Instead, developer City Center Investment Corp. has placed the 400,000-square-foot glass-and-steel landmark, once slated for a late 2017 opening, on the back burner while it pursues other projects.

"For us to build Five City Center Innovation Tower we need a large anchor tenant," City Center CEO J.B. Reilly said Tuesday. "We don't have a large anchor tenant committed."

The proposed 19-story apartment complex at Eighth and Hamilton streets affiliated with the tower is also on hold, Reilly said. The two buildings are part of a larger complex that would include a 700-space parking deck and verdant public square. The two are connected, he said, a sort of package deal.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 12:37 AM

Under Construction

Down to 13 floors.

*June 13th, 2018

http://www.mcall.com/business/mc-biz...613-story.html

Quote:
Fortune 500 payroll-processing company ADP has had a Lehigh Valley presence for more than a decade.

Though it has kept a low profile for most of those years, the company is about to put an exclamation point after its name by taking a giant leap into the heart of downtown Allentown's renaissance.

The sources, who are not authorized to speak on behalf of the company, said the move will happen at City Center Investment Corp.’s Five City Center office tower that’s being built at Eighth and Hamilton streets.

ADP, or Automatic Data Processing Inc., is a publicly held company that offers software and services to manage payroll, benefits and time and attendance. The company already has a presence in the area, but its lease for about 80,000 square feet at 7535 Windsor Drive in the Iron Run Corporate Center in Upper Macungie Township is set to expire in fall 2019. Reilly said Thursday that City Center is on schedule to complete Five City Center in August 2019.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 12:41 AM

Nice to see Allentown getting some core development. Now they just need train service.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 7:56 PM
Fishtown & Country

Sunday, 11/4

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 3:33 PM

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 11:47 PM

Very nice!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive