HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 7, 2014, 11:15 PM

I think the slow down is due to location of homes and yes over stock. I wouldn't want to live south or north, not to mention dewdeny west, maybe just because i'm an east ender. But i know of a few people who are putting off buying homes until "The towns" concept goes ahead or even the one out by tower road that Harvard is going to propose.

I believe the greens is doing just fine in the east and every other small condo gets sold out immediately in the east.

Old Posted May 7, 2014, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougler306 View Post
I think the slow down is due to location of homes and yes over stock. I wouldn't want to live south or north, not to mention dewdeny west, maybe just because i'm an east ender. But i know of a few people who are putting off buying homes until "The towns" concept goes ahead or even the one out by tower road that Harvard is going to propose.

I believe the greens is doing just fine in the east and every other small condo gets sold out immediately in the east.
I thought the Harvard project at Tower Rd was just commercial?

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 12:29 AM

Victoria's Tavern

Lots of action going on in the building and they've got their signage up. Also have a bare bones web-site functioning. I didn't know the Queen was a beer fan!

http://victoriastavern.ca

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 3:07 AM

I was walking in the area tonight. It looks like quite a few restaurants are popping up. Victoria's Tavern, one on Scarth Street Mall that looks like a sandwich place, Twenty 10 and that pizza place.

Also noticed that O'Hanlons has opened an offsale beside Michi. Right now they don't have much stock but will be carrying a lot of beer from Microbreweries from BC and Oregon as well as O'Hanlons own stuff. They will also carry some mid to high end wine and mid to high end highballs. It will have very little domestic stuff and target the people working downtown.The offsale is small but it will be a nice alternative to have.

There are quite a few places opening in the downtown area and hopefully it makes the area a bit more lively.

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 3:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udon'tknow View Post
Lots of action going on in the building and they've got their signage up. Also have a bare bones web-site functioning. I didn't know the Queen was a beer fan!

http://victoriastavern.ca
Fantastic. I am so glad they finally took down the torn and faded yellow canopy that Regina Florist moved from their former Capitol Theatre location.

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougler306 View Post
It's funny how you get to like what you're used to hey. I for one would never live in the east end. It's tempting - the south east is beautiful with it's newer homes and large green spaces but I'd shoot myself waiting to get over the Arcola Ring Road overpass at rush hour.

The condo development in Harbour Landing is out of control, they're quick to build and high profit. I'm not sure they realize that they're devaluing the area though. Not only are there a million condos to buy, thus reducing their price due to competition, but then less people are tempted to build homes in the neighbourhood due to overcrowding. I think if I were building a home I would be much more inclined to look at an area where there's exclusively single family homes, or at least a much lower percentage of medium density builds.

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Fantastic. I am so glad they finally took down the torn and faded yellow canopy that Regina Florist moved from their former Capitol Theatre location.
What a award winning picture that is for the brew pub

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoR East View Post
Well, I think its official, the boom was too good to last...

Nothin' says 'oops we over-built' like a free car if you buy one of our homes before the end of May promotion...

http://www.daytonahomes.ca/regina

I guess it is Harbour Landing after all though, if you live there, you are going to need all the cars you can get.
That's quite the leap in conclusion. Daytona giving away cars with homes, proof that boom is bust? What?

Daytona is on the high end of "markup" for their builds. They can afford to give away a car valued at 6% of the home purchase price. Also a nice "tied in" promo association with their brand...Daytona, race flag, cars, etc.

The fact that Titan Automotive gives away Vegas trips when you buy a vehicle is not an indiication that nobody is buying vehicles in Sask.

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 10:17 PM

The bubble is not likely to burst until interest rates start climbing. If the Bank of Canada (BoC) interest rate (Currently at 1%) grows to 2-3% then we will see a lot of people with variable rate mortgages start to feel a crunch. As prime interest rates are closely associated with the BoC rate.

So if you hear the interest rate is going to go up. Then watch the real-estate markets closer.

If you have investments and are renting you are also in luck. As house prices drop so should rental rates.

And if I were to say this has been an unprecedented low rate of interest, and it can not sustain for to much longer. It is bound to go up some at least 3/4 of a percent if not 1 percent in the next while.

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 3:56 AM

While were on the topic of beer..

Another new craft brewery is opening up shop in town. Rebellion Brewery

Rebellion Brewing’s beer will be made vegan as they plan to use an organic compound to substitute common clarifiers made of fish bladder. They will also offer gluten-free mead year-round and some other gluten-free beers.

Beside having it on tap, take-home beers won’t be canned and will be served in growlers, which are two litre jugs that could be filled up once patrons come back to the taproom.

The ingredients used in making Rebellion Brewing’s beer and food will be mostly locally sourced.

http://metronews.ca/news/regina/1014...gan-beer-food/

credit Metro News

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 4:30 AM
Regina SK

Nice. They aren't setting up where that sign is are they?

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
The bubble is not likely to burst until interest rates start climbing. If the Bank of Canada (BoC) interest rate (Currently at 1%) grows to 2-3% then we will see a lot of people with variable rate mortgages start to feel a crunch. As prime interest rates are closely associated with the BoC rate.

So if you hear the interest rate is going to go up. Then watch the real-estate markets closer.

If you have investments and are renting you are also in luck. As house prices drop so should rental rates.

And if I were to say this has been an unprecedented low rate of interest, and it can not sustain for to much longer. It is bound to go up some at least 3/4 of a percent if not 1 percent in the next while.
According to the bank of canada governor, interest rates won't be going up any time soon. How many times have they said they will start going up and they announce that interest rates will stay the same? Quit a few times. If anything you might see a decrease.

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 12:48 PM

On a lighter note, I have a friend in real estate that told me a local pub is going to purchase the old loggies building downtown and turn that into a pub. They're looking at opening up sometime next year if everything goes well with their offer.

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 1:58 PM

For ice cream lovers in the south end, the Baiton Bros opened up an ice cream parlour next to Tumblers called "Forbidden Flavours".

Can't comment on it yet, haven't been there. Hope to go sometime soon.

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
For ice cream lovers in the south end, the Baiton Bros opened up an ice cream parlour next to Tumblers called "Forbidden Flavours".

Can't comment on it yet, haven't been there. Hope to go sometime soon.
Forbidden Flavours has been at Tumblers for over 10 years now.

Even though Tumblers was initially the first Western Pizza location when it opened back in '76, Tumblers has been autonomous of the Western Pizza franchise chain for the past 2 1/2 years.

(The Baitons opened the adjacent Tumblers licenced restaurant back in '84.)

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 2:21 PM

http://www.citiesjournal.com/top-16-...o-in-canada/6/

[B]Top 16 Cities and Towns To Move To In Canada

11. Regina, Saskatchewan

That is a good picture of the city

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
http://www.citiesjournal.com/top-16-...o-in-canada/6/

[B]Top 16 Cities and Towns To Move To In Canada

11. Regina, Saskatchewan

That is a good picture of the city
The aerial shot of Regina there would be around 1970!!! Lol!!!

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 2:30 PM
Pride is our downfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Forbidden Flavours has been at Tumblers for over 10 years now.

Even though Tumblers was initially the first Western Pizza location when it opened back in '76, Tumblers has been autonomous of the Western Pizza franchise chain for the past 2 1/2 years.

(The Baitons opened the adjacent Tumblers licenced restaurant back in '84.)
Have they renovated that dump yet? I know they were renovating other Western Pizzas in recent years but you'd think they would focus on their flagship location, especially with the prices they charge.

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
The aerial shot of Regina there would be around 1970!!! Lol!!!
Good point , the story is from this year , would you happen to have any updated photos

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Have they renovated that dump yet? I know they were renovating other Western Pizzas in recent years but you'd think they would focus on their flagship location, especially with the prices they charge.
Uh, . . . no. Why would that matter anyway? (Subjectively speaking: they have the BEST pizza I've ever had!!!)

And besides that, Tumblers is no longer a Western franchisee.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan