HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sctttmmy View Post
The Sobey's store in Mt Pearl, across from Galway is currently under renovation. Dairy aisle is covered in large tarp
They are only replacing the coolers. Apparently, all the open air type coolers are being replaced with glass door type coolers. Kelsey Drive was just done. Things like butter, eggs, cheese, yogurt, etc will now be behind doors.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmemeadusjr View Post
They are only replacing the coolers. Apparently, all the open air type coolers are being replaced with glass door type coolers. Kelsey Drive was just done. Things like butter, eggs, cheese, yogurt, etc will now be behind doors.
I noticed the change at Kelsey Drive, but I hadn't seen it actually take place - thought something was different alright.

The glass door coolers are more energy efficient presumably?

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 10:51 AM

300 Kenmount Road

Looks to be some renovations happening on space previously occupied by Madison Mackensie (adjacent to Kelsey's restaurant). Anyone know whats moving into the space?

This property, managed by Redwood group of companies, looks to be close to fully leased.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 11:54 AM

I heard Proactive Physiotherapy along with a medical suite

Old Posted May 8, 2019, 10:41 PM

I'm hearing that Dollarama in the new Paradise Plaza is open.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 10:27 AM

This is Fantastic News !
It is so hard finding a Dollar store these days.
#Sarcasm

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 10:30 AM

And speaking of more dollar stores, the Great Canadian Dollar Store has taken over Piper's old space in Mount Pearl. They're starting to change the colours and signage and there's a "coming soon" sign.

Old Posted May 24, 2019, 10:32 AM

I am SOOOOOO Pumped !!!
This has made me forget about all the crappy weather this week.
My life is now officially Complete.
The Great Canadian Dollar Store.........YESSSSSS ! Life could not be any better at this point.

Old Posted May 29, 2019, 6:07 PM

Was always wondered why Sobeys was not investing any time with the upkeep of its Ropewalk Lane Store. It’s quite a run down dump of a store right now. I guess this is probably why...

https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/bu...e-deal-316568/

Old Posted Jun 3, 2019, 5:16 PM

Drove past the the old Freshwater Road/Empire Ave. Shoppers Drug Mart and they now have the entire old building demolished to the ground.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 12:57 AM

Some Costco opening specials posted here...
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costc...924/#p31074286

Ron.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 10:53 AM

I posted this on the Galway Thread as well....

What is confirmed or being built in Galway besides Costco is Marshall's, Homesense, PetSmart, Michael's, Dollarama, Starbucks, Scotiabank, plus 5 other smaller places such as First Choice, a shoe store and a dance school.

Also, I just found out that Princess Auto will be opening up in Galway.
Unfortunately, they won't be going the route of Marshall's and PetSmart and making a duplicate store.....they will be going the route of Costco and uprooting from Stavanger.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 1:16 PM

Quote:
I posted this on the Galway Thread as well....

What is confirmed or being built in Galway besides Costco is Marshall's, Homesense, PetSmart, Michael's, Dollarama, Starbucks, Scotiabank, plus 5 other smaller places such as First Choice, a shoe store and a dance school.

Also, I just found out that Princess Auto will be opening up in Galway.
Unfortunately, they won't be going the route of Marshall's and PetSmart and making a duplicate store.....they will be going the route of Costco and uprooting from Stavanger.
Hmmm, hypothetically speaking here... say many stores on Stavanger decide to uproot and follow Costco to Galway. I see this as a prime opportunity for Stavanger Dr. to bring in some new retail and re-morph itself as a premier retail area.

I said this before; however I preface this by saying I have no "inside information", but I think Stavanger is in a transition period and it will see overall positive changes. Stavanger in 10 years or so will probably be very different than today, but's that not a bad thing.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 5:38 PM

A cool idea but probably not feasible here would be for some company to buy Costco and Target and join them together and make an enclosed outlet mall.

I did here a long while ago that U-Haul has purchased the Costco building to create a rental/storage superstore.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 9:51 PM

I recently heard that the new Winners,in the Avalon Mall,is going to open August 6. Nothing official,I heard it from a relative who is a big Winners shopper.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlie_Steve View Post
I recently heard that the new Winners,in the Avalon Mall,is going to open August 6. Nothing official,I heard it from a relative who is a big Winners shopper.
I heard this as well. August 6th for Winners & Homesense at the Avalon Mall and August 27 for Marshall's & Homesense at Galway.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 12:30 AM

Quote:
I heard this as well. August 6th for Winners & Homesense at the Avalon Mall and August 27 for Marshall's & Homesense at Galway.
Winners does indeed open August 6th (one of my friends was hired for the new store) and it's supposedly the biggest Winners in Canada.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 6:19 PM

Has anyone heard about a new Orangetheory Fitness location opening up? I saw that their Facebook page is now titled Orangetheory St. John’s East. I also saw a tweet from Terry Hart at VOCM mentioning an expansion. I know that Brad Gushue and Mark Nichols just opened one in the Halifax area. It made me think that they may be looking to open a second one here, preferably in the Kenmount Road area! But I would assume if there is a new one that it would probably be near Galway. Any info out there?

Old Posted Jul 29, 2019, 1:37 PM

Mountain Warehouse advertising for a store manager for a new store in St. John's. I would assume it'll be in the mall but not sure. Galway hasn't announced them for up there although I guess Stavanger would be an option as well. They are also opening a store in New Brunswick. For anyone not familiar its an outdoor store with some great prices. I have a few things I picked up at one of their stores in the Toronto area. They seem to open in malls and outlet centres.

Last edited by Larla77; Jul 29, 2019 at 2:35 PM.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla77 View Post
Mountain Warehouse advertising for a store manager for a new store in St. John's. I would assume it'll be in the mall but not sure. Galway hasn't announced them for up there although I guess Stavanger would be an option as well. They are also opening a store in New Brunswick. For anyone not familiar its an outdoor store with some great prices. I have a few things I picked up at one of their stores in the Toronto area. They seem to open in malls and outlet centres.
I'm a big fan of Mountain Warehouse. I visit them when I'm in the Toronto area. They are a British based store who have barely cracked the North America market. To describe them I would have to say Mark's clothing with Old Navy's prices. They would be a good fit for Galway or the Avalon Mall but I'd bet my money on the Avalon Mall. Time will tell.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's