HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 6:13 PM

[QUOTE=sirkingwilliam;6863227]So, while Alamo Heights get a new apartment development proposal, the older developer that had their proposal denied, Alamo Manhattan, decided to look south and are the developers of the 111 W. Jones Ave. development planned in River North.

Anyone know what happened to the proposed sculpture garden that was supposed to be located on this space? Word of it emerged just a couple years ago, and now this. Just curious.

http://therivardreport.com/san-anton...antonio-river/

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 7:43 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

[QUOTE=LakeCourtland;6869166]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
So, while Alamo Heights get a new apartment development proposal, the older developer that had their proposal denied, Alamo Manhattan, decided to look south and are the developers of the 111 W. Jones Ave. development planned in River North.

Anyone know what happened to the proposed sculpture garden that was supposed to be located on this space? Word of it emerged just a couple years ago, and now this. Just curious.

http://therivardreport.com/san-anton...antonio-river/
That's not the same land.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2015, 8:43 PM

[QUOTE=sirkingwilliam;6869324]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeCourtland View Post

That's not the same land.
All right, that's what I was hoping. But, from the early renderings and the description in the article, it looked like the sculpture garden was supposed to go all the way to the river. I guess it could do that right downstream of the new development, but it's not what I was envisioning. Hope it happens. It'd be a great addition to SAMA and the river.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2015, 8:45 PM

New town home complex going up on N. St. Mary's between Grayson and Locust on the east side of the street. Built and marketed by David Weekley Homes and named "St. Mary's Place." Sprinkle and Co. is apparently the architect. Can't find out much more at the moment, although a sign with renderings is now up at the site. (I have a photo, but I couldn't find a place to upload it--sorry, newbie here.)

Old Posted Jan 11, 2015, 9:07 PM

Anyone know if this tower is still a possibility? it looks really cool! http://sprinkleco.com/projects/comme...residio-tower/

Old Posted Jan 11, 2015, 9:35 PM
Houston:Considered Good

^^^

According to Emporis.com, no.

http://www.emporis.com/building/pres...antonio-tx-usa

Old Posted Jan 11, 2015, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L View Post
Figured smh We need more skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 11, 2015, 10:03 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillhippy_210 View Post
Figured smh We need more skyscrapers
They'll come eventually.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2015, 4:35 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
New town home complex going up on N. St. Mary's between Grayson and Locust on the east side of the street. Built and marketed by David Weekley Homes and named "St. Mary's Place." Sprinkle and Co. is apparently the architect. Can't find out much more at the moment, although a sign with renderings is now up at the site. (I have a photo, but I couldn't find a place to upload it--sorry, newbie here.)
Use imgur to upload the images.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2015, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Use imgur to upload the images.
All right, here's an attempt:

Last edited by sirkingwilliam; Jan 12, 2015 at 7:08 PM. Reason: Edited to show the picture

Old Posted Jan 12, 2015, 7:15 PM

Quote:

Awesome picture.

Btw, it's right across the street from the SOJO Crossing development.

I also know of Brackenridge Court. Another similar townhome development in the Lower Broadway area.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2015, 4:22 AM

David Weekly Central Living Projects

Looks like there are 3 projects planned by them in the central area. I look forward to getting more details!

https://www.davidweekleyhomes.com/me...77cb9dcefc.PDF

Old Posted Jan 14, 2015, 4:29 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the photo. Yikes on the design. It reminds me of the miles of indiscriminately designed condolands in Houston.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2015, 10:23 AM

I don't know if this would be an inappropriate place to ask but I'm an urban planning and regional development major up at a school in NYC but am from SA and come back for winter and summer breaks and am hoping to get an internship while back at home this summer. Any suggestions on who would be good people within the planning department that I could possibly intern for?

(sorry for this being unrelated to the urban development thread)

Old Posted Jan 14, 2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillhippy_210 View Post
Is there any chance of this still happening? http://www.urbantonio.com/projects/p...ores-and-nueva

And the Alamo City Music Hall (previously Backstage Live) is supposed to be getting apartments on the same lot. Any info on those or when we'll get renderings/possible ground breaking date?
I second this, does anyone know if this is even a possibility? Because this could finally get the ball rolling for high-rise apartment buildings in downtown.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2015, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot Yancey View Post
Thanks for the photo. Yikes on the design. It reminds me of the miles of indiscriminately designed condolands in Houston.
I agree on the design, although it's hard to tell too much from these drawings. So far, a lot in that area isn't nearly as interesting as I'd like it to be, with the possible exception of those uber-modern apartments (?) going up on Karnes between Josephine and Grayson, right north of the old Liberty Bar. So far, those look beautiful, although I have yet to see much information about them. Anyone know?

Old Posted Jan 14, 2015, 8:43 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot Yancey View Post
One of the main reasons Houston continues to be the most densely populated city in Texas despite its sprawl is thanks much in part to the 'condolands' or town homes as they are referred to here. Chicago by comparison also has alot of these type of buildings along with row homes which are very similar. If other cities in Texas want to get serious about density, they are going to have to get used to the idea of these much bemoaned style of homes as not every person desires to live stacked in a high rise.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 12:13 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklunder13 View Post
I don't know if this would be an inappropriate place to ask but I'm an urban planning and regional development major up at a school in NYC but am from SA and come back for winter and summer breaks and am hoping to get an internship while back at home this summer. Any suggestions on who would be good people within the planning department that I could possibly intern for?

(sorry for this being unrelated to the urban development thread)
Is there a particular planning field that you're interested in? Transportation, historic preservation, etc.? Feel free to send me a private message and I can give you a little more feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklunder13 View Post
I second this, does anyone know if this is even a possibility? Because this could finally get the ball rolling for high-rise apartment buildings in downtown.
This particular proposal, no.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 7:44 AM

H-E-B TO OPEN FIRST TWO STORY STORE IN TEXAS ON FRIDAY

Quote:
The new H-E-B store at 1601 Nogalitos St. will carry five times more craft beer than previously offered, 300 different wine labels, expanded produce and deli sections and a “travelator.”

As H-E-B’s first multilevel market in Texas, the Nogalitos store connects parking on the ground floor with shopping on the second via a slightly inclined escalator that uses a magnetic strip to lock specialized shopping carts in place. The locally based grocer tested the so-called travelators with a group of community residents Tuesday, in advance of the store’s grand re-opening Friday.

Quote:
The two-story market replaces H-E-B’s oldest operating store, which the locally based grocery chain closed and demolished last year. Construction crews retained part of the iconic facade and used it to surround a small courtyard in front of the new store.

H-E-B already operates several multilevel locations in northern Mexico and chose the format for the Nogalitos store because of the dense residential area surrounding it, said Unit Director Claudia Ornelas.

She oversaw the hiring of about 80 additional employees to staff the new store, which nearly tripled in size from its original footprint and now includes nearly three times the amount of grocery and general merchandise items, Ornelas said.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 3:30 PM

5 Times more craft beer!!!!

I'm there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio