HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jul 11, 2014, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I want this project to succeed. It would be unbelievable for the city in putting us on the radar of a lot of residential developers. All I expect is realistic statements from the developers. They aren't in a good spot given the track record of previous persons and companies involved, but they could and should try to be different in dealings with the media and public.
Completely agree.

New post from Greg Black's Twitter:

Greg Black ‏@MuskokaGreg 21m
Great meetings in Regina. Got all info needed from City officials to finalize traffic plan and site drainage issues. Another step forward.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2014, 5:35 PM

Capitol Pointe Condominiums & Hilton Garden Inn, Fortress Real Developments Inc.
-Structural Drawings are now complete: Tender Date of August 2014

-Waiting for Permit and Project Start Date of Sept 2014 for excavation start.

-Owner anticipates shovels will be in the ground by July 2014.
-Nick Circosta- Director of stakeholder management with the Ontario based Fortress Real Developments Inc. plans to meet with the City of Regina officials regarding the excavation permit for the project.
-Potential Start Date Sep 14

Source: BuildSask

Old Posted Jul 16, 2014, 5:56 PM
Hmm....

Shovels expected in the ground by July 2014 and potential start date of Sept 2014... Is it just that there's some old information mixed in there? Or am I misunderstanding some terminology?

Would definitely be nice to see work begin. Could either signal a bit of a pause in downtown residential development (large project afterall), or spur a further little boom (pique interest since it would be very visible).

Old Posted Jul 17, 2014, 1:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Shovels expected in the ground by July 2014 and potential start date of Sept 2014... Is it just that there's some old information mixed in there? Or am I misunderstanding some terminology?

Would definitely be nice to see work begin. Could either signal a bit of a pause in downtown residential development (large project afterall), or spur a further little boom (pique interest since it would be very visible).
I've always believed: Where there's smoke, there's fire. But it is sure taking long enough for this to ignite! Lol!!!

Old Posted Jul 17, 2014, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
I've always believed: Where there's smoke, there's fire. But it is sure taking long enough for this to ignite! Lol!!!
There's smoke alright, unfortunately there are also mirrors.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2014, 9:28 PM

I apologize, the copy and paste didn't properly display the table that I get to see, it shows the before and after changes of the project.

Old value for shovels
July 2014

New value for shovels
Sept 2014

Old Posted Jul 17, 2014, 10:28 PM

Always that elusive 2-3 months away.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2014, 2:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
There's smoke alright, unfortunately there are also mirrors.
There will be mirrors in the bathrooms the bedrooms ,the hallways , the living quarters , note this will be one smoking hot looking complex

Old Posted Jul 18, 2014, 4:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
There will be mirrors in the bathrooms the bedrooms ,the hallways , the living quarters , note this will be one smoking hot looking complex
Some people never give up on the dream. Would love to see this project happen but with no building permit even filed with the city, no construction crews lined up yet it seems like a long shot that this will ever happen.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2014, 4:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeifer80 View Post
Some people never give up on the dream. Would love to see this project happen but with no building permit even filed with the city, no construction crews lined up yet it seems like a long shot that this will ever happen.
I thought they got a building permit

Old Posted Jul 18, 2014, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
I thought they got a building permit
From the Leader Post article July 9th, "When asked for a specific construction start time, Circosta estimated, or rather “guesstimated,” that the excavation permit could be finalized within three weeks and construction could begin “probably (in) September.”

So no building permit and I have not seen their names come up on planning commission or city council yet. It's just more stall tactics from these guys.

Most likely people who had deposits on places are going to be able to get out of them now as they are probably now consider frustrated contracts. I would be very curious is Capital Pointe would release new sales numbers.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2014, 1:59 AM

Capital Pointe Update as of July 18, 2014

Since the last update of April of 2014 progress on the Capital Pointe Project has been consistent, and on schedule. As a result we are now very close to completion of the development stage and we have embarked on the next major steps for actual construction, which we expect to unfold in the next 4 to 6 weeks.

The initial application for a Shoring and Excavation Permit, required to start work on the site, was submitted as scheduled in mid May. After a thorough review of our submission by various City departments and series of meetings with the respective departments, we have insured that all details and materials requested have been correctly completed in order that there will be no delays for further processing of the application.

A final submission is scheduled to be completed by July 25th for final City staff review. We expect the excavation and shoring permit to be issued by August 15th.

The work completed for this permit stage involved but was not limited to the following:

- Completion of final architectural drawings for hotel and condo.

- Completion of all Structural and Engineering drawings for both the condo and hotel sections.

- Completion of Engineering Drawings for tie backs need for shoring and excavation.

- Obtaining permission for neighbouring properties and Public property owners for the installation of Tie Backs and use of air space.

- Obtaining further geotechnical engineering reports required for satisfying City requirements.

- Finalizing all Major Electrical and Mechanical Engineering specifications as well as completed Mechanical and Electrical Engineering drawings for base construction.

- Negotiating shoring and excavation agreements with various contractors.

- Carrying out final negotiations with new hotel buyer and commencing of interior hotel drawings and finishing schedules required to attach to agreement of purchase, presently in final preparation.

- Entering into Contracts with a recognized construction management company as well as various engineering firms that are required on the team.

- Completing finalized suite layouts, common element features and exterior renderings according to the "as to be built" drawings and for use in the upcoming “under Construction Sales Launch”. As well, a new web site incorporating all final and new information being constructed.

There will be a major announcement regarding the Project news made in the very near future, including the construction schedule and expected occupancy schedule, once all the details have been settled, the first permit is in hand and excavation is underway.

Meanwhile the work by technical and professional teams continues, as does the financial investments by the management/ownership teams.

Nick J. Circosta

Director - Fortress Real Developments Inc.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2014, 2:29 AM

I'm quite surprised the city doesn't request assurances of financial capacity to develop this project before they grant a permit to go dig a five storey hole in the ground near a busy intersection.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 7:14 PM

Any of you formwork guys get drawings for bids yet??

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 8:13 PM

There is a new render of Capital Pointe on the official website - http://www.capital-pointe.ca - it must be getting close to being built because the renders keep getting farther and farther away from the initial ones we saw. Not impressed overall by the new render.

Any other thoughts?

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 8:45 PM

I want more brutalist-style soviet architecture. You know, no windows and entire walls of concrete.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike328 View Post
There is a new render of Capital Pointe on the official website - http://www.capital-pointe.ca - it must be getting close to being built because the renders keep getting farther and farther away from the initial ones we saw. Not impressed overall by the new render.

Any other thoughts?
I dunno, still looks pretty great to me! Hopefully this means we are getting close to a construction date. Once the shovel hits the ground, I'll be looking to buy an investment property there.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 10:43 PM
Regina SK

That's definitely the least attractive of all renders by quite a bit if you ask me.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 12:01 AM

Does not look bad to me and not much different then the original renders. The glass render to me was not going to happen at all so that render is just pie in the sky. At least this one has the proper buildings in the back ground. I would be more concerned about the eye sore of a gas station across the street.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 7:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
That's definitely the least attractive of all renders by quite a bit if you ask me.
I don't see much difference from the previous renders posted. Not as nice as the original renders though.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan