HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 3:48 PM
JACKinBeantown

Can somebody in San Antonio please take a photo of this building and the whole skyline from about two or three miles away so I can see it in context?

Thanks!

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Can somebody in San Antonio please take a photo of this building and the whole skyline from about two or three miles away so I can see it in context?

Thanks!
No pics but the tower crane is coming down today.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 2:39 PM

Last edited by Tornado; Oct 28, 2019 at 9:40 PM. Reason: Im bad at uploading pics

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Great picture, man! I love the very top, using something similar to the The Independent Tower (i.e., Jenga Tower). I hope that part lights up.

Great photo!

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 11:20 PM

Just noticed they started putting glass on the circular areas that go from the 3rd to the top residential apartment. It's looking quite nice. I'll try and take some pictures later this week when the weather gets better (cold is better, heat is bad )

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 12:27 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
Just noticed they started putting glass on the circular areas that go from the 3rd to the top residential apartment. It's looking quite nice. I'll try and take some pictures later this week when the weather gets better (cold is better, heat is bad )
like button - for the pictures and the comment about the weather

Please take a photo of the whole skyline from Alamo Stadium or some similar distance if you can. Thanks!

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
like button - for the pictures and the comment about the weather

Please take a photo of the whole skyline from Alamo Stadium or some similar distance if you can. Thanks!
It's crazy...I only just noticed the crane is coming down, which means the AC units are already up there, and much of the heavy items are done.

Yeah, I think I need to move the brilliance on my iPad to a bit more brighter.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 2:49 AM

Is it going to remain that tan color?

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 3:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklunder13 View Post
Is it going to remain that tan color?
It's suppose to be white, but given that they are already taking down the crane, I don't know for sure of their plans. They have added a few things along the way since they first started construction, like the new floorplan for floor 7.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 12:13 AM

Seriously, the San Antonio downtown skyline has really changed with the addition of the Arts building and the Canopy. If San Antonio is to never get a 500 (or more) footer building, that would be fine but buildings 'need' to be at least (the min) of of 300 ft.

The pictures don't do justice, the skyline really has improved. Sadly, however, I do not see (and I said this last year) - if nothing new was to be announced by year end of 2018 then we shouldn't see anything new) - anything new of significant height for years to come.

-Fry
https://ibb.co/44v0gYG

https://i.ibb.co/xz9r8f0/image.jpg

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 1:35 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Sadly, however, I do not see (and I said this last year) - if nothing new was to be announced by year end of 2018 then we shouldn't see anything new) - anything new of significant height for years to come.
Fry, I get that this is a forum and people are free to state their opinions whether one agrees with said opinion or not, but, you have zero basis or reason for such a statement and boy are you flat out incorrect. Seriously, I can’t put into words just how wrong you are.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 2:03 AM

Quote:
Seriously, the San Antonio downtown skyline has really changed with the addition of the Arts building and the Canopy. If San Antonio is to never get a 500 (or more) footer building, that would be fine but buildings 'need' to be at least (the min) of of 300 ft.

The pictures don't do justice, the skyline really has improved. Sadly, however, I do not see (and I said this last year) - if nothing new was to be announced by year end of 2018 then we shouldn't see anything new) - anything new of significant height for years to come.

-Fry
https://ibb.co/44v0gYG

https://i.ibb.co/xz9r8f0/image.jpg
Like I said before, Weston's planning numerous residential buildings downtown which will not top out at 5 stories due to their intention to use concrete and steel rather than wood frame. "Craig and Jensen said the company prefers projects that rise more than five stories—more of the taller, steel-and-concrete variety than the shorter, wood-framed structures that have predominately been built during the downtown area’s revitalization the last decade" ( https://saheron.com/a-glimpse-at-wes...n-in-10-years/ ). If they're going that route on some quite small lots then they could be pretty tall, as there's not much disincentive to do so. The taller they are the more units they build, increasing long term profitability. I think we're done seeing new stick-built, short residential structures in the downtown area.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 7:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Fry, I get that this is a forum and people are free to state their opinions whether one agrees with said opinion or not, but, you have zero basis or reason for such a statement and boy are you flat out incorrect. Seriously, I can’t put into words just how wrong you are.
My "opinion" is based on data produced in house with the Bexar County Planning and Development, as well as the economic development, people whom I am still close with. Data is also based on long term Analysis of appraisal districts and zones, to which I am also working on a study focused on crime using income disparities and appraisal values.

My rule has always been - to never speak on topics I have no education or informal knowledge on.

https://ibb.co/gtZyvJL

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 1:20 PM

Got a couple this morning

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 1:39 PM

Quote:
My "opinion" is based on data produced in house with the Bexar County Planning and Development, as well as the economic development, people whom I am still close with. Data is also based on long term Analysis of appraisal districts and zones, to which I am also working on a study focused on crime using income disparities and appraisal values.

My rule has always been - to never speak on topics I have no education or informal knowledge on.

https://ibb.co/gtZyvJL
That’s all well and good, but, you are still greatly misinformed and incorrect.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 2:15 PM

Quote:
That’s all well and good, but, you are still greatly misinformed and incorrect.
I know you are in the know, but your delivery could soften.

Anyway, we still have a dozen buildings proposed, approved, or starting soon so I’m not sure about what Fry is talking about. The one I really want to see start is the W hotel mix-use building.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post
I know you are in the know, but your delivery could soften.

Anyway, we still have a dozen buildings proposed, approved, or starting soon so I’m not sure about what Fry is talking about. The one I really want to see start is the W hotel mix-use building.
I don’t believe my wording to be inappropriate or in need of re-consideration.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 3:32 PM

soooo, I thought this thread was about the Thompson, not back and forth bickering.

As someone who is in the construction world, know this...there are a lot of budgets going on for buildings in the downtown area but I’ve not seen nor heard of any super tall construction. It doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist but it’s a ways a way if it’s in the oven at all.

I do love how downtown is maturing and becoming its own true neighborhood district. I think the Sunset Station area will really surprise people after Reata and Adelman are able to see their vision through.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 3:52 PM

I agree. Back to the topic at hand.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 4:27 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
I agree. Back to the topic at hand.
At least there's activity.

Thanks for the pictures, Tornado.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio