HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Oct 12, 2007, 4:57 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

If plans have stayed on course, you are correct Texboy as it will be a high-end automall.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2007, 1:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in S.A TX View Post
Your off the wall, San Antonio is on the progressive track just like Austin.San Antonio's downtown is at a higher level overall.There is more retail, more business, and more people living downtown.More to do, which is not just for tourist.The Riverwalk expansion,River North, 25,000 residents projected, is going to put San Antonio's downtown top notch.San Antonio-Austin intermunicipal commuter rail district is underway.San Antonio is no different as far as planning new future transportation infrastructure.The highest paid city manager in the country,from Phoenix, now San Antonio's, i'm sure has new idea's to make San Antonio a top notch city.
I dont think your a troll? I pass your bridge everytime im in here.hehehehehe
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 2:27 AM

UTHSC-SA Research Tower

Anyone heard or seen anything recently about the research tower that UT is trying to raise money for in the South Texas Medical Center?

Here is a link that has a video of the rendering and how it would look in the medical center skyline:

http://mfocus.blogspot.com/2005/12/research-tower.html

Enjoy!

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 4:57 AM
Meh

Yeah, that tower is nice. I remember someone posted a rendering of it a while back. Could end up being a really nice looking building.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 6:37 PM

I visited San Antonio for the first time last week, as a side trip while picking out my future home in San Marcos. Anyway, I noticed what appeared to be a huge defunct mall along I-35 heading into San Antonio. Pardon my ignorance, but what's the deal with that ?

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 6:46 PM

It's Windsor Park, do a search on here for it. It's soon to be home to Rackspace who is going to sink 100m dollars into renovating it for their new corporate HQ.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 8:24 PM

Like Coddat stated, that is Windsor Park Mall and it's set to become the home to Rackspace and will undergo millions of dollars worth of renovation. That entire little area surrounding Windsor Park Mall is set for really great things as there are plans for a $250 million dollar mixed-use development to the south of the mall site.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 8:29 PM

Last edited by sirkingwilliam; Oct 16, 2007 at 8:48 PM.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 8:43 PM

I forgot to mention that the mall has been closed since 2005.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 9:09 PM

Thanks, everyone ! I'm glad to see there are such big plans for that area.
I look forward to exploring much more of San Antonio in 2008.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruidCity View Post
I visited San Antonio for the first time last week, as a side trip while picking out my future home in San Marcos. Anyway, I noticed what appeared to be a huge defunct mall along I-35 heading into San Antonio. Pardon my ignorance, but what's the deal with that ?
Did you get to DT, if so what did you think of the Grand Hyatt?

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Did you get to DT, if so what did you think of the Grand Hyatt?
It is very impressive. We had only the afternoon in SA, but we did tour
the Alamo and took the boat tour of the Riverwalk, and had dinner at Luciano's restaurant at the mall there. It's easy to see why San Antonio is a popular place to visit.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2007, 5:21 AM

Drove by Quarry Village yesterday and it seems they're getting it up quickly. Two of the buildings are at 3 stories already.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2007, 2:44 AM
SA 24th largest city

Sirkingwilliam,

Would you care to mention the sources for all this info.

Most of it is probably Speculation.

Where did you get the Crossroads details from?

Old Posted Oct 21, 2007, 6:38 PM

Maxus you put your incorrect Avatar again.Why do you chose to believe San Antonio's the 27th largest city? My friend was just looking at that and commented, "Thats crazy".You should say 27th largest urbanized area.You must be from Austin, hah,or some other San Antonio hating place.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2007, 7:57 PM

paul, don't make any negative comments about austin... austin is a beautiful city and kevin (who lives there) is a bad ass moderator and is always as positive about SA, as he is about austin, and a bunch of other austin posters are the same way... FAIR and NICE!

just because maxus is trying to belittle san antonio with his avatar's incomplete info, doesn't meant we as san antonians should be classifying all of austinites/austonians (i have heard both said) as dumbasses! you are right though, he definitely needs to have the rest of his info on his avatar correct, cause that makes me wonder what else he leaves out on his postings... Hmmm, i really hate hypocrites!

Old Posted Oct 21, 2007, 8:27 PM
James

It really isn't that big of a deal, we all know what he means.

But on the subject of The Quarry Village, they are going up pretty fast, it's quite exciting, I can't wait to see the finished product.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2007, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxus View Post
Sirkingwilliam,

Would you care to mention the sources for all this info.

Most of it is probably Speculation.

Where did you get the Crossroads details from?
Sources for what information? The first page? From various real estate sites whether the developers site itself, the companies that are leasing for these development or other middle medians like Loopnet. I don't know how any of that is speculation, it's factual information released by the above sources.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2007, 12:26 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in S.A TX View Post
Maxus you put your incorrect Avatar again.Why do you chose to believe San Antonio's the 27th largest city? My friend was just looking at that and commented, "Thats crazy".You should say 27th largest urbanized area.You must be from Austin, hah,or some other San Antonio hating place.
Paul, let's not go that way. And also, if you do ever see anyone, and I don't care where they call home, let me know if they're talking smack about San Antonio. Not just in the Texas section of the forum, but anywhere on the forum. And on the issue of Maxus' avatar, it isn't a wrong way of measuring a city's girth/size. In fact, it's rather correct, and he is far from bashing San Antonio with that. Those numbers of course are the metro numbers, rather than the city limits numbers. And actually, he's using an updated number, even Wikipedia lists it as 29th largest (old number).

Also, I fail to see any Austin forumers (Austinites - that is the correct term) bashing San Antonio. Again, if there are any let me know. I also don't see how there is even a thought that people in Austin have any hatred towards San Antonio. Are you kidding me? You guys are our playground as far as fun goes for certain things. Friends come in from out of state and we take them to San Antonio. My mom's comment a while back after seeing 2nd Street in downtown Austin really for the first time since they've started to redevelop it, her comment was "This is nice, if they started to make downtown more like San Antonio's, I'd like it." Of course she was talking about all the shops and pedestrian friendly atmosphere there.

Maybe I'll change my avatar around the first of the year or so and use my birth certificate.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Oct 22, 2007, 12:57 AM
SA 24th largest city

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Sources for what information? The first page? From various real estate sites whether the developers site itself, the companies that are leasing for these development or other middle medians like Loopnet. I don't know how any of that is speculation, it's factual information released by the above sources.

Sirkingwilliam,

You have not mentioned any sources. Not for any on the "first page". I'm sure you don't really believe tha all those postings are going to actually be built. Those developement listings are what fuel the fire for rumor under this thread. If all are built it will take a good 25 years for it to take place and as for a being called a "hater" by the likes of Paul from SA, that is not true at all. I am a realist.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio