HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jul 1, 2015, 6:31 PM

Bus Shelters

Quote:
Originally Posted by domodeez View Post
That's the prototype at Broad x Arch. DIGSAU designed the shelters and put that one up relatively recently as a model. I was walking up N. Broad a few weeks ago when it caught my attention. Looks great.
Thanks for the info domodeez, it caught my attention too and had me curious.

And from what I remember BenKatz, it was similar to that one but smaller. I could have viewed it from a bad angle though.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2015, 7:00 PM

Old Posted Jul 1, 2015, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKatzPhillytoParis View Post
Is this what the model looks like? http://articles.philly.com/2014-12-0...outdoor-kiosks

If so, I really like it. Nothing hokey about it—just bold lines, looks very sharp. I actually think this is a very exciting topic, bus shelters. They are a huge part of the streetscape and play a big role in setting the tone for the city.
Yes, but the metal coating is somewhat darker. Looks really sharp on the street. Here's a badly lit picture of the prototype while it was in the shop > https://twitter.com/DIGSAU/status/609385502945464320

Old Posted Jul 2, 2015, 12:17 AM

LOL when I read this I immediately thought of the scene in 30 Rock when they watched the GE logo change to "Cabletown." At least Comcast is using the NBC Peacock in its new logo.

For real though, I don't think it's any different than the GE logo. It will always be "Rockefeller Center" no matter whose name is on the roof.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2015, 7:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domodeez View Post
Yes, but the metal coating is somewhat darker. Looks really sharp on the street. Here's a badly lit picture of the prototype while it was in the shop > https://twitter.com/DIGSAU/status/609385502945464320
Nice, that's great.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2015, 6:17 PM
BANNED

They are definitely working on the building at Broad and Arch- I forget it's name. Its not the land title building, but its name is along the same lines. Its the future Aloft Hotel.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2015, 7:41 AM

15th and Walnut:
147 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

145 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

1100 block Chestnut:
118 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

119 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

117 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

UCHS demo:
102 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

099 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

Dalien:
038 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

040 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

041 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

042 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

044 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

045 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

046 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

Pennsylvania Ave, don't know what's going on here:

048 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

Vine Street work and Mormon Temple:

033 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

031 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

Still no work on the Kimpton Hotel:

034 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

OTOH they're not wasting any time converting the Four Seasons to the Curio:

030 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

029 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

028 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

Old Posted Jul 4, 2015, 6:25 PM

Great updates, shadowbat2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowbat2 View Post
OTOH they're not wasting any time converting the Four Seasons to the Curio
Thankfully its name is The Logan. Curio is the collection of boutique hotels by Hilton it will be a part of.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2015, 7:06 PM
Me?!?

http://www.philly.com/philly/home/Th...n_Outlets.html
Do the renderings of the renovation of Philadelphia’s Gallery shopping mall reflect reality?

Old Posted Jul 4, 2015, 8:13 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsksl View Post
Great updates, shadowbat2!

Thankfully its name is The Logan. Curio is the collection of boutique hotels by Hilton it will be a part of.
Hopefully it'll activate the part of its frontage that's actually facing Logan Square.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Jul 4, 2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
http://www.philly.com/philly/home/Th...n_Outlets.html
Do the renderings of the renovation of Philadelphia’s Gallery shopping mall reflect reality?

If you get enough people living here with money in their pockets - The Gallery can work. Along with East Market building, the 1100 Chestnut development, and others, and hopefully this with apts on top eventually ......it's the last, best hope for ... East Market (being overly dramatic since its the Fourth, USA USA!).

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 12:47 PM
BANNED

The project on Penn Ave is supposed to be new townhomes although originally an apt building was proposed for that site from what others have said.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 4:41 PM

Gucci to 260 s broad?

http://www.cosciamoos.com/cma-projec...-broad-street/

Wishful thinking or legit?

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
Gucci to 260 s broad?

I hope this is legit. I was just in Chicago and was on Michigan Ave and this is what this store reminds me of. But to get back on topic, wouldn't a very high end store like Gucci look for a location on Walnut. That's the only reason why this may be "wishful." But in my personal opinion, I hope this Gucci is located on broad. The location is across the street from the Wilma Theatre and Kimmel Center, where the new SLS tower is going up. I think this would extend desirable real estate for high end stores from not just Walnut but to other parts of the city!

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
Gucci to 260 s broad?

One also showed Barney's. I'd guess these are little more than marketing pics for Post's brokers to pitch various high end tenants pictures. I can't see a huge high end store at that relatively isolated location (retail-wise), but I hope I'm wrong.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 7:28 PM

Yeah. In the first picture, the store occupying the space is "Barneby's" lol. So apparently the Gucci thing is just a way for them to convey the type of stores the space is prepared for.
I think there are enough people in Philly to sustain a few international luxury mid-sized stores. It would contribute to Philly's changing reputation into a more sophisticated and cosmopolitan city. Even wealthy suburbanites who live close to Philly would prefer shopping here than in KOP.
DC is getting a dozen of international ultra-luxury stores just now (CityCenterDC) even though it's been one of the wealthiest cities in the country for quite some time. Maybe all Philly needs for the same to happen is a developer who targets that market?

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 10:09 PM

If anyone is interested - tons of Fishtown/No Libs recent and new construction photos on the Flickr link below. It's overwhelming, and lots more going on than shown.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 9:09 AM
Φιλαδέλφεια

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
If anyone is interested - tons of Fishtown/No Libs recent and new construction photos on the Flickr link below. It's overwhelming, and lots more going on than shown.
Absolutely awesome pics TallCoolOne. Thanks for sharing man!!

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 10:07 PM

Dual Apartment buildings at Broad and Callowhill on track for groundbreaking

Quote:
It’s been well over a year since we’ve checked in on the two mammoth lots that encompass the the southeast and southwest corners of North Broad and Callowhill. So long, in fact, that even we began to ask, is this project still alive?

As it turns out, the answer is yes. Parkway Corporation owns the land and has partnered with The Hanover Company out of Houston, Texas to develop both parcels. The mixed-use project will include 339 apartments, between 15,000- and 16,000-square-feet over four corners of ground floor retail and 370 parking spaces. Joe Zuritsky, president of Parkway Corporation, told Property that the team could break ground on the project as soon as the end of the year. “It’ll be a fantastic beginning of North Broad Street,” said Zuritsky, about the two large undeveloped plots south of Spring Garden Street.

According to the zoning permits granted in March 2014, the lot at 322 North Broad Street (west side) will house 229 apartments and feature an outdoor pool. 339 North Broad Street (east side) will have 110 units. Here's the proposal that the partnership submitted to the Civic Design Review back in February 2014 as a refresher.
Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/property/20...JUzL3UK01vv.99

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 10:11 PM

SoNo bring West Coast cool to Philadelphia

Quote:
In eighteen months, Alliance Partners HSP expect to deliver SoNo, a 260,000 square-foot horizontal creative office space with amenities aimed at attracting a "mix of large, medium, and small companies working in a creative and collaborative office community environment. Previdi says they cast a wide net to draw in companies across the nation and so far "three or four" tenants have expressed interest in the space.
http://philly.curbed.com/archives/20...renderings.php

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development