HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 2:55 AM
JACKinBeantown

(delete)

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 3:28 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txdev View Post
Hate to be a Debbie downer, and I have no inside information on the project, but retail seems unlikely. If they are going to the trouble of building a garage with a land bridge across Cesar Chavez, they likely want to maximize that parking for employees and/or customers.

Adding retail means not only taking away parking spaces for retail use, but the retail use also drives more parking needs that compete with the people you are trying to provide parking for in the first place.

However, it’s not all bad news. I will go out on a limb and guess that this could be the first step toward expanding the HEB that’s there. I think it has probably done better than they expected, and the only way to expand is to eat into their surface parking lot that doesn’t have a lot of extra spaces to lose. So build the parking garage first, and then expand the store.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 2:50 PM
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txdev View Post
Hate to be a Debbie downer, and I have no inside information on the project, but retail seems unlikely. If they are going to the trouble of building a garage with a land bridge across Cesar Chavez, they likely want to maximize that parking for employees and/or customers.

Adding retail means not only taking away parking spaces for retail use, but the retail use also drives more parking needs that compete with the people you are trying to provide parking for in the first place.

However, it’s not all bad news. I will go out on a limb and guess that this could be the first step toward expanding the HEB that’s there. I think it has probably done better than they expected, and the only way to expand is to eat into their surface parking lot that doesn’t have a lot of extra spaces to lose. So build the parking garage first, and then expand the store.
I think they will expand it across the street once the garage is done. They could easily build something on the current site when the new HEB is done. With Dwyer going up, it's going to be a very dense area.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 4:50 PM
James

Looks like dirt has finally turned on this project.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 1:02 AM

A crane is now up.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 2:51 AM
The Space Pope

A lot of the columns for the first level are already completed. Does anyone know if the garage going up across the street to the south is part of this project?

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 3:19 AM
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by starvinggryphon View Post
A lot of the columns for the first level are already completed. Does anyone know if the garage going up across the street to the south is part of this project?
The garage is for HEB employees.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 6:58 PM

Since this forum is slow I thought I'd post a pic for an update.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2020, 12:07 AM
James

That area looks crazy dense right now, I love it. Hopefully, HEB builds a MIXED use building to the right in this pic.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio