HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Jan 12, 2020, 7:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
There are 2.7 million people in Southwest Ontario. It's not a huge number but not empty either.

I know it's county borders, but how can anything east of Hamilton be part of southwestern Ontario?

Old Posted Jan 12, 2020, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
I know it's county borders, but how can anything east of Hamilton be part of southwestern Ontario?
East of Hamilton is Niagara, south of Hamilton is Haldimand and Norfolk counties. It's more in common with the rest of Southwestern Ontario than either Hamilton or Niagara region.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2020, 9:38 PM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
That section jutting to the south and east of Hamilton doesn't look right but as mentioned above perhaps its where it should be.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2020, 9:51 PM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
I'm not talking about Southwest Ontario. I'm talking everything past London, which, yeah, is largely empty. Ontario is very built up and populated once you hit London.
Perhaps, but if the discussion is mega-regions the Quebec - Windsor/Detroit corridor is very much one. Like all mega-regions there are bits with less people, farms, or nothing.

What makes this a mega region is the 22 million people (close to 27 million if you include Detroit) that live in a relatively linear path from one end to the other. It's a major thoroughfare for people and products. There are substantial economic (globally in the top 10), social, cultural, and political ties linking it together.

Last edited by isaidso; Jan 12, 2020 at 10:06 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions