HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jul 12, 2017, 8:55 PM
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In Real Life View Post
Long time reader of the forums, but first time posting. I came across this article a little while ago (while looking for info on the JMJ Tower ironcially). Looks like this project will be moving forward soon. Which is good news, I really like the design.

https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...esidences.html
Thanks!

... and welcome, Dan!

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 1:30 PM

Looks like this project will be moving forward soon

Good find Dan! I sure hope this project moves forward.

San Antonio, Texas, July 12, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE)

Jordan Foster Construction has had a vibrant role in building some of San Antonio’s landmark and notable structures. From the 20-story Vidorra, Vistana, and the Residences at La Cantera, to the recently completed Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio and the new Security Service Federal Credit Union Corporate Campus, Jordan Foster Construction takes great pride in working with visionary and talented teams to enhance the built environment of San Antonio and create remarkable buildings that improve the overall quality of life within the region.

With the development of the Thompson San Antonio Hotel and The Arts Residences, developer DC Partners is entering the San Antonio market for the first time. Teaming up with San Antonio-based Universal Service Group, the matchless development will create approximately 1,300 jobs and is slated to break ground this summer.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 2:35 PM
クラブトクヨ

Cool! Nice looking building!

Last edited by sirkingwilliam; Jul 17, 2017 at 10:16 AM.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 2:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtokyo View Post
Cool! Nice looking building!

Curious how this building will look at night.

Last edited by sirkingwilliam; Jul 17, 2017 at 10:17 AM.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 6:56 PM

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 1:43 PM

Channel 4 did a segment about it. Should be seeing another crain downtown soon!

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/loca...onstruction-pr

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txex06 View Post
Thank you for posting this! This tower has all the great earmarks of remembed identification. It's the best parts of the Grand Hyatt (top floors, not hotel part). Our cityscape is getting much better. And the tower is perfect for the area.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 5:37 PM

Any word on ground breaking or start of construction? I was reading how tall and how much sq ft this building will have, and it will, it appears, to be not much smaller than the new Front Tower. That's crazy. I am also shocked this building got through with the infamous hysterical society. Hopes us much hope for more unique designs to come to downtown, especially with projects like the JMJ Development, in with which we should hear from or be updated about this coming Sept 2017.

Thanks everyone for your postings. Keep it up! Let's get excitd for Canopy, Frost Tower,, that hotel on Soledad, the Arts, and let's hope soon the building at Main and Commerce - facing Main Plaza.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2017, 11:39 AM
JACKinBeantown

What's the building at Main and Commerce?

Old Posted Jul 16, 2017, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
What's the building at Main and Commerce?
Cambria.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=221245

Old Posted Jul 19, 2017, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
Thanks!

... and welcome, Dan!
Sorry, just saw this... But thank you!

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 6:15 AM

http://markets.businessinsider.com/n...ium-1002367913

I honestly thought groundbreaking would have happened by now.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 2:22 PM
Rundberg & I35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
http://markets.businessinsider.com/n...ium-1002367913

I honestly thought groundbreaking would have happened by now.
The good presale numbers for this project indicated in this article is exactly what San Antonio needs. Its the kind of thing national developers and financiers notice.... and could hopefully lead to more project proposals.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by East7thStreet View Post
The good presale numbers for this project indicated in this article is exactly what San Antonio needs. Its the kind of thing national developers and financiers notice.... and could hopefully lead to more project proposals.
Agreed, the fast presale shows there's a demand for this type of project in SA so that is very good news.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 1:45 PM

The latest on San Antonio’s biggest construction projects

San Antonio Express News
By Richard Webner
October 8, 2017

The Arts residences

What is it: A $116 million high-rise with 167 premium hotel rooms and 58 condominiums.

Original plans: When the project was announced in 2016, its leaders said they expected to complete it by 2019.

Current status: The project will break ground in the fourth quarter of this year and is still set to be finished in 2019, said Lesley Hile Ford, a spokeswoman for development firm DC Partners, in an email.

The firm has brought on Jordan Foster Construction as a general contractor, and 35 percent of the tower’s condominiums already have been sold, Ford said. DC Partners is considering adding another floor due to increased demand, she said.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 9:24 PM
Registered User?

Hey, I'm another long time reader of this forum who finally decided to join.

I found what appears to be an updated video rendering of the building, if I'm not mistaken.

http://theartsresidences.com/

Last edited by TSK18; Oct 13, 2017 at 4:54 AM.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 1:19 AM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysal View Post
San Antonio Express News
By Richard Webner
October 8, 2017

The Arts residences

What is it: A $116 million high-rise with 167 premium hotel rooms and 58 condominiums.

Original plans: When the project was announced in 2016, its leaders said they expected to complete it by 2019.

Current status: The project will break ground in the fourth quarter of this year and is still set to be finished in 2019, said Lesley Hile Ford, a spokeswoman for development firm DC Partners, in an email.

The firm has brought on Jordan Foster Construction as a general contractor, and 35 percent of the tower’s condominiums already have been sold, Ford said. DC Partners is considering adding another floor due to increased demand, she said.
So, it's gone from 66 units to 58...but, they are "considering" adding another floor due to demand? Hmmmm.

Plus, the tower is only 35% under contract. Nothing has been "sold" to this point. If there were "demand," the under contract percentage should be much higher.

Look, I want to see downtown SA succeed in growing its downtown perminant resident numbers. But, we need to be realistic. It's not quite there yet. Will it get there? I don't know.

Having said all that...demand is simple. For example: prior to construction, The Arts had reservations for 35% of its 58 units. The Independent (in Austin) had 90% of its 370 units reserved within the first week of sales - prior to dirt turning (obviously).

Right now, there is a negative stigma (fear) of living in downtown SA. If there was not, we would be seeing many more, high-rise proposals. I don't think downtown SA (overall) is appealing to the masses (especially to those which would be renting/buying units).

Heck, Lynd (of San Antonio) is fast-tracking what may end up being the tallest, mixed-use, residential building in Texas in Austin. In fact, it has the chance of topping 1000'. Worst case scenario, it will be a 850' tower with several hundered apartments & about 500,000SF of office space.

I'm NOT trying to provoke a inter-city fight. But, simply pointing out the obvious that most of our poster's expectations should be quelled a bit. Downtown SA is not quite poised to boom...residentially. The demographics are just not there (especially throughout thhe entire downtown area).

Last edited by ILUVSAT; Oct 14, 2017 at 1:48 AM.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 3:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
stigma (fear)
Hey, thanks for bringing it down to our level there, chief. You were in danger of going completely over our heads.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 3:55 PM

Quote:
So, it's gone from 66 units to 58...but, they are "considering" adding another floor due to demand? Hmmmm.

Plus, the tower is only 35% under contract. Nothing has been "sold" to this point. If there were "demand," the under contract percentage should be much higher.

Look, I want to see downtown SA succeed in growing its downtown perminant resident numbers. But, we need to be realistic. It's not quite there yet. Will it get there? I don't know.

Having said all that...demand is simple. For example: prior to construction, The Arts had reservations for 35% of its 58 units. The Independent (in Austin) had 90% of its 370 units reserved within the first week of sales - prior to dirt turning (obviously).

Right now, there is a negative stigma (fear) of living in downtown SA. If there was not, we would be seeing many more, high-rise proposals. I don't think downtown SA (overall) is appealing to the masses (especially to those which would be renting/buying units).

Heck, Lynd (of San Antonio) is fast-tracking what may end up being the tallest, mixed-use, residential building in Texas in Austin. In fact, it has the chance of topping 1000'. Worst case scenario, it will be a 850' tower with several hundered apartments & about 500,000SF of office space.

I'm NOT trying to provoke a inter-city fight. But, simply pointing out the obvious that most of our poster's expectations should be quelled a bit. Downtown SA is not quite poised to boom...residentially. The demographics are just not there (especially throughout thhe entire downtown area).

AGAIN, AUSTIN IS AUSTIN ANS SAN ANTONIO IS SAN ANTONIO...
Two totally different cities.....
I think you just don't GET that.... San Antonio DOES NOT want to be another Austin, believe me.....
San Antonio has been getting a lot of national and global attention lately, some bad but mostly good! And one learns from the bad and make it good!

And IMO I think you are trying to provoke a squabble AGAIN.

Sorry buddy

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 8:08 PM
what the?!

Quote:

Just wanted to say that I 100% agree with you. You're a brave man for standing up and speaking the truth in the forum.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio