HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
Brian Bowman 57 95.00%
Jenny Motkaluk 3 5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 3:06 PM

Jenny didn't participate in the last debate because her participation would be of no use to the voters. I have to agree.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 3:48 PM

How will Jenny pay for all her promises? More police, all new electric buses, more roads, more bridges. How will she pay? She won't.

Her main campaign argument is "I'm the only one who stands a slight chance of beating Bowman. Vote for me!" When your main point is beating up on the opponent, as opposed to focusing on your platform, no thanks. I'll stick with mediocre Bowman.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 5:10 PM

How will Bowman pay for all his promises? Oh that’s right, he’s raising taxes yet again. At least Jenny would cut the spending on the barely rapid transit.

If Bowman is so mediocre then why even vote for him, there’s another option, don’t vote at all. The point of voting is not to go and vote for someone just for the hell of it, it’s about making a choice. But hey have fun paying more taxes and fees on everything to pay for stuff we don’t need.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 5:35 PM

See how that works. People have opinions. I'll vote for who I want to vote for. Same with you. I will vote for Bowman, so he can beat Jenny. Regardless of candidate competency, one must vote. I always vote, even fi its' choosing between a douche and a turd sandwich.

Jenny is a Donald Trump candidate. Instead of living in reality, she needs to beat up on her opponents. This is why I'm not voting for her.

As for Bowman, he's trying to follow the transportation master plan on Rapid Transit. The official City plan for transportation. As he should be.

Last edited by bomberjet; Oct 18, 2018 at 6:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
See how that works. People have opinions. I'll vote for who I want to vote for. Same with you. I will vote for Bowman, so he can beat Jenny. Regardless of candidate competency, one must vote. I always vote, even fi its' choosing between a douche and a turd sandwich.

Jenny is a Donald Trump candidate. Instead of living in reality, she needs to beat up on her opponents. This is why I'm not voting for her.

As for Bowman, he's trying to follow the transportation man on Rapid Transit. The official City plan for transportation. As he should be.
haha, If you don't Diddy will F**king Kill You, Vote or Die.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 6:45 PM

hahaha

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjose32 View Post
How will Bowman pay for all his promises? Oh that’s right, he’s raising taxes yet again. At least Jenny would cut the spending on the barely rapid transit.

If Bowman is so mediocre then why even vote for him, there’s another option, don’t vote at all. The point of voting is not to go and vote for someone just for the hell of it, it’s about making a choice. But hey have fun paying more taxes and fees on everything to pay for stuff we don’t need.
One person's "stuff we don't need" is another person's "stuff we should have had 30 years ago". Better late than never. Winnipeggers are so damn cheap. I'm sick of falling behind the rest of the country.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 9:07 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by windypeg View Post
One person's "stuff we don't need" is another person's "stuff we should have had 30 years ago". Better late than never. Winnipeggers are so damn cheap. I'm sick of falling behind the rest of the country.
We need to provide a reason for people to stay.
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 5:30 PM
BANNED

Watched the mayoral debate on CTV last night, what a gong show, seriously not one credible candidate.

Lying Pee Wee Bowman

Angry Jenny

Homeless guy

Clueless black guy

Guy that can't speak English

Guy that speaks a little better English but still can't be understood

Dismal Diack

Small town mayor with the bad rug

What a choice!

Last edited by rrskylar; Oct 23, 2018 at 6:08 PM.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 6:12 PM

^ Bowman and my local incumbent councillor are lousy choices, but the other options are even worse so I'm voting for them anyway.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 8:20 PM

My mom summed up the debate like this: "It was just watching Bowman try not to laugh every time anyone else spoke"

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 8:55 PM

I watched the debate on CBC I think it was last week. It was just that. Jenny M was basically mad. The rest were rambling on. Bowman just trying to stand pat haha.

That basically sums up the candidates. Bowman is a wiener. Jenny is mad. The rest don't stand a chance.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 10:08 PM
I am a typical

It's always good news when Vice is talking about your town's politics! (Canadaland is currently doing a documentary postcast on Thunder Bay's.)

Quote:
Winnipeg’s Sad, Weird City Election

One mayoral candidate wants to dam the Panama Canal. Another thinks “drug homes” should be bulldozed on third offence and fondly recalls his childhood in Jamaica where they used “a combination of barks, leaves, herbs and marijuana” to treat ailments (“And it worked!”).

A cop-turned-mayor-hopeful wants to buy police new cellphones and directly bill criminals for doing crime. Yet another was actually arrested during the election for breaching a probation order and blamed the infraction on a stroke.

Welcome to Winnipeg, hosting one of Canada’s sadder municipal elections—fairly accurately compared to both an ‘80s sitcom and dumpster fire.

“Winnipeg has just given up,” said Kent Davies, creator of A Perfectly Cromulent Election — a Tumblr page which uses Simpsons memes to mock the election — in an interview with VICE Canada. “There’s a lack of vision. There’s a lack of quality candidates. And in some wards, incumbents are uncontested.”
This honestly makes me feel better about the election Thunder Bay had yesterday.

Quote:
exuberant candidate Umar Hayat requested the crowd applaud Motkaluk for doing a great job running “as a woman.” In another, filmmaker Ed Ackerman mimicked fellow candidate Don Woodstock’s Jamaican accent and used a Breaking Bad anecdote to ask cop candidate Tim Diack if he would support the police budget being cut by almost 300 per cent.
How does one accomplish such a thing?

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 11:20 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
It's always good news when Vice is talking about your town's politics! (Canadaland is currently doing a documentary postcast on Thunder Bay's.)

This honestly makes me feel better about the election Thunder Bay had yesterday.

How does one accomplish such a thing?
Thanks for sharing Vid, funny stuff!

Old Posted Oct 24, 2018, 2:43 AM

This blog linked in the Vice article is amazing: the Winnipeg election told through Simpsons screen caps.

http://embiggenmanitoba.tumblr.com/

Old Posted Oct 24, 2018, 3:10 AM

Important reminder to everyone reading: If you haven't already, please go vote tomorrow.

Find out about your candidates here: https://www.winnipegelection.ca/
Find out where to vote here: https://winnipeg.ca/wheredoivote

Old Posted Oct 24, 2018, 1:30 PM

It's actually not that uncommon in Canadian municipal elections for mayor to have only a few credible candidates and a bunch of marginal ones. Happens all the time.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2018, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacc View Post
haha, If you don't Diddy will F**king Kill You, Vote or Die.
What didn't Diddy do?

Old Posted Oct 24, 2018, 3:21 PM

Old Posted Oct 25, 2018, 5:00 AM

Poll Winners -
Blue - Jenny Motkaluk
Red - Brian Bowman

Last edited by trebor204; Oct 25, 2018 at 5:00 AM. Reason: Mixed Candidates

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan