HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 4:39 AM
BANNED

That was NOT meant to be taken as sarcasm - just a statement.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 8:34 AM
OG from the L.B.C.

/\ He meant Lecom's post was sarcastic.

I was by the site last night. I am really liking the banded look it has in the dark. I also thought the ventilation grating wasn't as bad looking as I feared.

I was there around 1:30am-ish on wednesday night. Someone else was there taking pictures with a tripod. I assume it was one of us, or maybe a lurker. They (you) had a red hoodie on so I really couldn't make out the face.

Last edited by Eigenwelt; Nov 17, 2006 at 9:19 AM.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 2:23 PM

^^^"Comzilla in the mist..." great nightime pics! misty, spooky, powerful....

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 3:26 PM
George is gettin' upset!

yeah dude, those are awesome pics. i feel like batman should be swinging down at any minute from the red/orange sky, which is also awesome.

its been a while since someone has just posted hardcore... core photos of the building. everyone else's pics are awesome too, but i like the bluntness of just the building.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 4:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwelt
/\ He meant Lecom's post was sarcastic.

I didn't mean that either. Just a statement. I thought that he really didn't know about the tower being built.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 6:00 PM

Is it necessary to include all fifty pictures each time someone makes a quote from a prior post? I think we are all capable of scrolling up the page to look at the first post of photos.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 10:28 PM

Personally, I like to see good photos more than once. And those photos were very good.

The Liberty Plaza thing kind of bothers me and it kind of doesn't. Like someone said, there is little chance the phrase "meet me at Liberty Plaza" is ever going to be used (probably because it could be confused with Liberty Place). However, "meet me at Comcast (Center)" is going to catch on, IMO.

This question was probably already answered but I'm fairly sure I would remember. I know that CC is about 75% leased but is that just Comcast or have other companies/firms announced or confirmed their interest in leasing some space?

Old Posted Nov 18, 2006, 2:56 AM
George is gettin' upset!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciguy0504
Personally, I like to see good photos more than once. And those photos were very good.

The Liberty Plaza thing kind of bothers me and it kind of doesn't. Like someone said, there is little chance the phrase "meet me at Liberty Plaza" is ever going to be used (probably because it could be confused with Liberty Place). However, "meet me at Comcast (Center)" is going to catch on, IMO.

This question was probably already answered but I'm fairly sure I would remember. I know that CC is about 75% leased but is that just Comcast or have other companies/firms announced or confirmed their interest in leasing some space?
i dont know for sure either, but everytime i check comcast has leased more space than the last time i checked. i would be willing to bet it is near filled, and i wouldnt be surprised if they built the annex just to fulfill comcasts needs for more office space

Old Posted Nov 18, 2006, 5:25 AM
SkyscraperSunset.com

November 17, 2006:

Just another two or three floors until Comcast is #4 in the city.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2006, 6:47 AM

That looks pretty good, especially the lighting. It looks like Comcast Center's cranes are taller than Two Liberty Place. Comcast itself will certainly dominate the skyline.
Diagrams | SVMetro Blog | "Urban planning, whether based in projects, plans, or process, works only when the results are feasible simultaneously in physical, functional, financial, and political ways. Having merely one or two of these feasibilities just won't work" --Alexander Garvin

Old Posted Nov 18, 2006, 3:49 PM
America's Hometown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPhilly
November 17, 2006:

Just another two or three floors until Comcast is #4 in the city.

Is it just me being picky or is the CC too close to Bell Atlantic and making skyline from this viewpoint a bit off balance? I guess they didn't want to or couldn't put the tower right on top of the trains tunnels.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2006, 11:31 PM
Dubai goes Crazy

fast tower

Old Posted Nov 19, 2006, 12:40 AM

If the ARAMark tower were twice as tall or they had built the towers on top of the Gallery as they originally intended to, that gap would be filled in. West of Broad, there's about 200 feet with the combination of JFK Blvd and the train tunnel where it's unlikely there will be any buildings taller than 39 floors. The view from Upper Darby is the same from the other side.
Diagrams | SVMetro Blog | "Urban planning, whether based in projects, plans, or process, works only when the results are feasible simultaneously in physical, functional, financial, and political ways. Having merely one or two of these feasibilities just won't work" --Alexander Garvin

Old Posted Nov 19, 2006, 1:30 AM

I think that's such a poor excuse. I know us phillyheads hate to hear this, but why is NYC able to build tall buildings on land that is almost entirely tunnelled under for the million subway lines they have?

*DISCLAIMER: I like philly and i like that philly is not NYC. what i am saying, is that building on top of rail tunnels is not an impossible feat of engineering.

but i do agree that the skyline would look nicer if that gap was filled. plazas make a difference. look at mellon bank which is on the north side of market and the ibx tower also on the north side of market. what we need is a 700+ on jfk (preferrably the north side) that comes up right to the street. from this persepective, the cc lies more along arch than jfk.

on the plus side, if/when 10 ritt comes into fruition, at 390 feet, it will be the tallest building between the st. james and 2 lib. it's not that tall, but its enough to rise above the crowd.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2006, 3:09 AM

city hall has 2 subway lines and 4 commuter rail lines under it

Old Posted Nov 19, 2006, 4:03 AM
Philly Flying

Hey guys, Have not posted in a long time but here are some pics I snapped today 11/18/2006

Sorry about the angle (drive by shot)

These last two are my attempts at Panoramas

Old Posted Nov 19, 2006, 4:26 AM
SkyscraperSunset.com

As everyone has shown, you can now see the Comcast Center from everywhere. This one is from this morning, just outside store entrances at Garden State Plaza in Cherry Hill.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2006, 5:14 AM
BeenThere,DoneThat

My contribution for this week.......from the southbound get on ramp to 95 at Aramingo Ave/Betsy Ross Bridge

Old Posted Nov 19, 2006, 5:16 AM
Corporate logo

11/18/2006

From Grays Ferry Ave below Washington Avenue.

From the PA Convention Center

Glass!

Old Posted Nov 19, 2006, 5:47 AM
BANNED

You can really see the tapering of the tower now as it get higher!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive