HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One Manhattan West in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 2:09 AM

It's about time

Old Posted Jun 9, 2012, 2:30 AM
JayCortese

I'm sorry I really don't like this design, it literally looks like crap. That's my opinion, don't judge it.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2012, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCortese View Post
I'm sorry I really don't like this design, it literally looks like crap. That's my opinion, don't judge it.
Literally?

Old Posted Jun 9, 2012, 4:02 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
We don't really have a design at this point, the mix has been changed yet again.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2012, 2:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I'll consider your remark credible, right after you post a picture of crap which literally looks like this project.

Quote:
That's my opinion, don't judge it.
Whoops, too late.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2012, 12:42 AM

The two towers remind of me of architecture for a city like Los Angeles. Its too sterile and cleanish for Manhattan-

Old Posted Jun 13, 2012, 1:48 AM

not sure when this picture is from but the article is dated

therealdeal.com Brookfield's Grand Plan

Old Posted Jun 13, 2012, 2:09 AM
DENNAB

I hope that's dated because they only rise 900-1050 feet compared with ESB and One Penn...

Although Robert Walpole claimed these towers would be higher than ESB, I hope he's right.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 7:34 PM

Brookfield Contemplates Sweeping Makeover of 450 West 33rd Street

Daniel Geiger 8:30am

"... The revovation is being contempated as Brookfield, one of the city’s largest commercial landlords, plans to break ground on a $300 million platform over an adjacent site next month in order to prepare it for the development of what it is calling Manhattan West, a planned 5.4 million-square-foot office complex.

...Mr. Mosler said that Brookfield wants to give large tenants an option to lease space both in Manhattan West and 450 West 33rd Street in order to reduce their occupancy costs and incentivize deals in the new development..."

Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 5:25 AM
DENNAB

5.4 million square feet, and there are 3 towers right?

hope for beautiful supertalls...

Old Posted Jun 23, 2012, 8:49 PM
New Yorker for life

Just ignore the renderings, because there aren't any.

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2012/06/...anhattan-west/

Brookfield weighs massive renovation of former Daily News headquarters

June 19, 2012

Quote:

In an effort to better integrate its existing West 33rd Street tower with its forthcoming multi-billion-dollar Manhattan West project, Brookfield Office Properties is considering undertaking a massive renovation of the former home of the New York Daily News, according to the New York Observer. The 1.7 million-square-foot tower, at 450 West 33rd Street, is adjacent to the rail yards where Brookfield will begin construction in the coming months on a $300 million deck that will serve as the base of a four-tower development. Brookfield has yet to lay out specific plans for the potential renovation, although Jerry Larkin, Brookfield’s senior director of leasing, noted that it could include installing an all-glass facade, a new lobby and upgrading other building systems.

However, the developer does have the potential benefits of that renovation fully planned out. It would allow the Cushman & Wakefield team marketing Manhattan West to offer potential tenants the ability to take some pricier space in the brand new office towers and complimentary cheaper space at 450 West 33rd Street.

“A tenant could take a 40,000-square-foot tower floor and then lease the rest of their space in 450 West 33rd Street and average down their costs,” Cushman Chairman Bruce Mosler said. That could give Manhattan West a leg up over Related’s Hudson Yards.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2012, 9:59 PM
JayCortese

Quote:
Sorry about my comment, I didn't realize it wasn't the real design.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2012, 10:35 PM

this is from Vornado's proposal for the Yards but i hope something along the lines of the main tower here can be built

Eideard

fxfowle

it's the same company and architect as 15 Penn Plaza but much more striking imo.

Last edited by Hudson11; Jun 24, 2012 at 10:48 PM.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 12:54 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Just ignore the renderings, because there aren't any.

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2012/06/...anhattan-west/

Brookfield weighs massive renovation of former Daily News headquarters

June 19, 2012
As long as the west side of the building is lined with ugly loading docks, it will still suck. I walked by this building a couple weeks ago, and they should tear it down and build something new in it's place. From pedestrian perspective it's abysmal. Giving it larger windows, a glass facade, and a new lobby won't help that.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 3:10 AM

I have a question for all of you:

If we end up with all of the smaller buildings having a similar design, do you think that will be a good thing or a bad thing? If it ends up being so, we'll end up with a sort of architectural annex of Manhattan.

Whether that's preferable or not to me, I'll enjoy the additions regardless (unless they look like total crap, of course).

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 3:14 AM

As long as they don't look like crap and they're in the 900+ ft range i've got no problem. If thats what it turns out to be then at least the Supertalls to the west will overshadow them. The massing models we currently have are bland, but acceptable.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 9:31 PM
New Yorker for life

Now that Brookfield is pushing a strong residential component into the mix, it's up in the air just what the configuration will be, as far as design goes. But because of the nature of the site, the makeup or layout of the complex will remain the same most likely.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 7:02 AM
DENNAB

how many square feet and how many towers total?

I'm getting the impression that there will no longer be supertalls here because the space will be divided between several towers

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 3:10 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

There's over 5 msf, so it seems like however that gets divided up there should be at least one supertall.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 9:48 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
how many square feet and how many towers total?

I'm getting the impression that there will no longer be supertalls here because the space will be divided between several towers
The space was always divided between several towers, and there was always a supertall involved, so I don't see your point. As I mentioned just above, because of the nature of the sight, the configuration of the towers will be the same.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive