HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Signature Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Nashville Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 12:38 AM
Hankster

[QUOTE=twotoneblue;2757980]Someone asked how much Tony G. is charging for the units in Signature. They run from $429k for the cheap units and the top two floors (64 & 65) are $3 million each. Maybe Necole Kidman and Keith Urban or Tim & Faith can live upstairs. [/QUOTE

Actually, the most expensive unit, the 65 floor penthouse is priced at $7.5 Million. This unit occupies the entire floor and has a huge 360 degree balcony on top of the building's highest transition point. It has been reserved by one of Nashville's wealthiest residents. There a four unit on the two-level 64th floor and they are all priced at over $3 Million each. Three of those are reserved. Finally, the penthouse units on floors 66 through 70 are all listed at from $5 Million up to $6 Million on the 70th floor. That one has been reserved as well. Two of the penthouses on were reserved, but the developer cancelled the reservations when he found out they were going to be "flipped".

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 12:42 AM
Hankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthParkGuy View Post
I know I haven't read the whole thread about this but I was wondering when they are going to start construction I find this a very pretty building for nashville and will help the city. Definately a fan of it.
The developer, Tony Giarratana, plans to break ground on July 4th. I was fortunate to meet with him a week ago and that was his answer when asked. So expect some "fireworks" in Nashville this year on the fourth. I have no doubt he will break ground then. He is committed.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 1:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
...but the developer cancelled the reservations when he found out they were going to be "flipped".
Thank you Village Properties for that one One was Mark what's-his-face over there. You don't by chance know what's happening over at WES? took down the fence and then put some barriers up... but nothing else.

-Steve Wright

Old Posted Apr 17, 2007, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazpmk View Post
holy shit. That's great for Nashville. It will be the tallest building in the USA outside of NYC & Chicago. Atlanta will be pissed off.
Looks like this building isn't trying to accomplish much more than beating the BOA Plaza in Atlanta as tallest in the southeast. Its even shaped like it too, with a spired pyramidal cone at the top.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2007, 6:31 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpainless View Post
Looks like this building isn't trying to accomplish much more than beating the BOA Plaza in Atlanta as tallest in the southeast. Its even shaped like it too, with a spired pyramidal cone at the top.
Oh geez. Yes, Atlanta, it is all about you isn't it?

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Apr 18, 2007, 6:50 AM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Competition is a good thing in this case if anything, a city should continue to grow and not expect anybody to not build anything bigger and better than you. Look at the Twin Cities, were still boasting about the IDS Tower, which IMHO has been the tallest for way too damn long. We need a bigger and better achievement to outdo the IDS, we need to catch up to modern times.

This may also really sturr up notions to build Atlanta's new tallest. That would put ATL with at least two 1,000 footers, I know this thread is not about Atlanta but I believe that it will definetly influence it.

I am very happy though for Nashville, they knew they could support a project of this magnatude and they did. This definetly puts Nashville on a whole new level.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
But our BOA spire only looks good at night. In the daytime it looks like a mess of metal beams. Signature's spire will look fantastic night and day.

Now my next question is if all Signature is accomplishing is beating BOA, then what was BOA accomplishing when it was built?

Old Posted Apr 19, 2007, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Oh geez. Yes, Atlanta, it is all about you isn't it?
No, all I am doing is making an observation. And it seems to me that this building appears to be trying to beat out the BOA Plaza in Atlanta as its main goal. Why? Well, its dimensions are roughly the same, it has a similar spired top that is highly decorative, but perhaps the most telling reason why it is seriously influenced by the BOA Plaza Atlanta is that it is only about 20-30 feet taller, and being located in the "south" it is vying for the "tallest in the south" distinction. What will it take to become the tallest in the south? Its going to take something that is taller than 1023'. This building beats that by only a couple dozen feet. That is very obvious to me.

I'm not trying to be negative. The fact that I pointed out similarities and influences between these two buildings shouldn't be reason to insight any negativity. Just because a building may have a distant familiarity with another building doesn't make it bad. This building may very well be expanding and improving on a design that is similar to BOA. This building will be great for Nashville, and like what the previous poster said, may even be great for ATL as well. But I stand behind my theory that fundamentaly the Signature Tower was designed from first conception to beat out BOA Plaza Atlanta.

Last edited by oldpainless; Apr 19, 2007 at 5:28 PM.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2007, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticman View Post
Now my next question is if all Signature is accomplishing is beating BOA, then what was BOA accomplishing when it was built?
Well, BOA Atlanta was probably trying to be "tallest in the south" as well. But I don't see anything close to rivaling it when it was built. Just because Signature's goal is trying to be "tallest in the south" by beating a close competitor doesn't make it wrong, or a copy-cat, or a poser. Its called competition, and honestly I would be flattered if I were the designer of BOA Atlanta because Signature seems to be set to beat it.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2007, 6:39 PM

Fair enough.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2007, 3:53 PM

who cares what cities have buildings how high? this is an ugly building, and i'm saddened that nashville will further pollute itself with bad architecture and senseless infrastructure.

also...altanta is inanimate. it cannot get jealous.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2007, 4:07 PM
America's Hometown

I like this building...spire controversy or not. I like the Batman building too. If nothing else is built real tall in Nashville...the height of the building will come off as even taller than 1057'.

I assume that some country stars may take up residence in the tower? It seems like an address in this tower would be the new status symbol for Nashville.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2007, 4:13 PM
Trendy.

Well, some 700+ footers are planned for Nashville as well.

Wait, PhillyNation likes something in the south?

Why mercy me!

DallasTexan-Boomer-DhallassTecksanne-Disceaux Fantasia-Sulley-Optimus Prime-Gloria Estefan

...and others I've surely forgotten...

Old Posted Apr 21, 2007, 10:35 PM
America's Hometown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulley View Post
Well, some 700+ footers are planned for Nashville as well.

Wait, PhillyNation likes something in the south?

Why mercy me!

......and what have you ever said that was nice about any place up north?

Besides...why would I hate Nashville? I like country music!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNation View Post
I assume that some country stars may take up residence in the tower? It seems like an address in this tower would be the new status symbol for Nashville.
Country stars only live in sprawling ranch houses, silly!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2007, 6:31 AM
Trendy.

Quote:
......and what have you ever said that was nice about any place up north?

Besides...why would I hate Nashville? I like country music!
ummmm... I love Philadelphia, Baltimore, Boston, Vermont, Maine, plenty of places. Ask sasso what I said about Philly when we met up.

I think you should follow Brad's advice in the Atlanta thread concerning the South.

DallasTexan-Boomer-DhallassTecksanne-Disceaux Fantasia-Sulley-Optimus Prime-Gloria Estefan

Last edited by Sulley; Apr 22, 2007 at 6:41 AM.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2007, 1:36 PM
America's Hometown

Quote:
ummmm... I love Philadelphia, Baltimore, Boston, Vermont, Maine, plenty of places. Ask sasso what I said about Philly when we met up.

I think you should follow Brad's advice in the Atlanta thread concerning the South.

Really? You think I should? Maybe I will the day you stop ripping on Buffalo. I guess it's okay to hate on certain cities eh?

There really was no reason for you to take me task for anything on this thread. I was just giving this tower a compliment because it looks really nice. It doesn't matter where it was going and if it's giving the people in Nashville something to be excitied over...good for them. We have the same excitement over the Comcast Center.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2007, 2:29 PM
Future God

Quote:
Really? You think I should? Maybe I will the day you stop ripping on Buffalo. I guess it's okay to hate on certain cities eh?
I don't want to jump into the middle of this, but since when were residents and ex-residents not allowed to criticize their own city?

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Apr 22, 2007, 4:45 PM
Trendy.

Quote:

There really was no reason for you to take me task for anything on this thread. I was just giving this tower a compliment because it looks really nice. It doesn't matter where it was going and if it's giving the people in Nashville something to be excitied over...good for them. We have the same excitement over the Comcast Center.
Buffalo's got nothing to do with this. It would help, however, if you actually visited the city

As for excitement over Signature, I know I am... Technically, I still am a Nashvillian since I'm there every month and still own a house there

Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Buffalo's got nothing to do with this. It would help, however, if you actually visited the city

As for excitement over Signature, I know I am... Technically, I still am a Nashvillian since I'm there every month and still own a house there
You guys are so much more upbeat than over on UP. For every upbeat post over there, there are a couple who always chime in with something negative and make one feel like it is over.

I don't believe TG or Nashville can afford to let this project fail. It is too high profile and speaks loads about the viability of the city as a major player in downtown development.

With Crown and Signature you are at least making a very good statement.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive