HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 20, 2020, 1:08 PM

Reno or addition

Just noticing an addition at 630 Pinewood Rd. in Riverview.

Wondering if this an addition to the Great Canadian Dollar Store or another business being built?

Old Posted Apr 20, 2020, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
So the apartment building would be built on the land by the water tower? I wonder what else they would have planned for that land. Definitely a 55 unit apartment building would not fill that space.
Yes Runnymeade Rd. is close to the water tower. MoeMar's plans start with three 55 unit apartment buildings. They will start construction on the first one this summer. Their long range plans at this point are for 8 apartment buildings to be built over the next several years.

They will also be extending Runnymeade Rd. southward. This area of Riverview has been growing fast over the last several years, and it doesn't look like the expansion will be slowing down anytime soon.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2020, 2:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
Just noticing an addition at 630 Pinewood Rd. in Riverview.

Wondering if this an addition to the Great Canadian Dollar Store or another business being built?
I heard that it was an expansion of the Great Canadian Dollar store. There are a lot of existing vacancies in Findlay Park, so I would believe that the construction is an expansion and not a new business.

On a side note, I'd really like to see a Bulk Barn in Riverview. I think it would be very successful.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2020, 8:27 PM

There is a lot of work going on at The Fairways development location. They have started preparing for construction of the Kensington apartments. There was a crew on the site when I drove by today. Also there has been a lot more tree clearing done at the end of Rosebank Cres. I believe they are planning on building townhouse style units there. And also there are several new single family homes under construction.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2020, 12:03 PM

Work on phase one of the Bridgedale Blvd. project will be getting underway.

https://www.townofriverview.ca/news/...evard-april-28

Old Posted Apr 28, 2020, 4:07 PM

Traffic circle

Gunningsville Blvd Temporary Closure

Council passed a motion to close Gunningsville Blvd from May 18 - June 5, from Monday to Friday, 6:30AM - 7:30PM. This is to begin the work on the NEW Bridgedale blvd that includes a roundabout at the Gunningsville blvd new intersection.

"Given the decrease in traffic volumes right now, it makes sense to do this now." - Councillor, Andrew LeBlanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Work on phase one of the Bridgedale Blvd. project will be getting underway.

https://www.townofriverview.ca/news/...evard-april-28

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 1:14 PM

I took a drive up Gunningsville Blvd. at suppertime yesterday. They've milled the pavement around the new Bridgedale Blvd. intersection, and have started work on the new road. There was a lot of equipment & workers on the site. On the 18th, Gunningsville will be closed from 6:30 AM Monday to 7:30 PM Friday so they can construct a roundabout at the new intersection. They decided to do this now because due to the virus traffic is only 50% of normal.

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 7:15 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The agenda for the May meeting of the Riverview PAC is now out (but unfortunately without supporting documents at present).

https://www.townofriverview.ca/sites...20-website.pdf

This item is of interest:

Quote:
Erik de Jong on behalf of Cordova Realty Ltd., 230 Coverdale Road (PID 05076799), Conditional use application to permit a 5 storey, 73 unit multiple unit building in the Suburban Commercial zone with a variance to increase the permitted height abutting residential zones to 17.4m with a maximum of five storeys (File 20-301)
This address conforms to the location of that long vacant lot on Coverdale just to the west of the entrance driveway into the Moncton Golf Course.

I look forward to seeing the architectural designs.........

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 7:27 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Here's another one from the Riverview PAC agenda:

Quote:
Thierry Comtois (Spitfire Design) on behalf of Erin Lynn Roberts, Hillsborough Road/Allan Street (PID 00642330), To permit a 28-unit multiple unit dwelling as a conditional use in a Residential Mix zone with variances to 1) permit balconies to encroach 0.9m into a landscape buffer, and 2) to waive the requirement of a public entrance facing a street (File 20-386)
This is going to be another Spitfire designed building, so even without supporting documents, we have a good idea of what we are going to get. The location of the PID is a lot on the river side of Hillsborough Road, just to the east of Allan Street.

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The agenda for the May meeting of the Riverview PAC is now out (but unfortunately without supporting documents at present).

https://www.townofriverview.ca/sites...20-website.pdf

This item is of interest:

This address conforms to the location of that long vacant lot on Coverdale just to the west of the entrance driveway into the Moncton Golf Course.

I look forward to seeing the architectural designs.........

I wonder if this means that their project at the Chocolate River Station is dead?

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 8:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
I wonder if this means that their project at the Chocolate River Station is dead?
I doubt it, but at the same time I wouldn't expect them to be breaking ground next week either. These projects are often planned years in advance.

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 8:28 PM

Quote:
I doubt it, but at the same time I wouldn't expect them to be breaking ground next week either. These projects are often planned years in advance.
That lot by the golf course road had a for sale sign on it for many years. It will be nice to see it finally developed. Great location with a great view. It should sell out fast.

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 2:56 PM

The fence is in place on the corner of Pinewood & Gunningsville for the construction of the Kensington Apartment project. I believe that there will be two buildings, and that they are already fully pre-leased. When completed, it will be a nice enhancement to that neighbourhood.

Old Posted May 6, 2020, 11:34 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

230 Coverdale Road - Cordova Realty, 73 units, 74 indoor parking spaces, five storeys.

Location Map:

Site Plan:

Elevation:

Rendering:

Big thumbs up from me regarding this one! I find the overall design to be architecturally pleasing and this building will also have great visibility from the Gunningsville Bridge. Could it be that we may eventually see a skyline developing along the riverfront in Riverview???

Last edited by MonctonRad; May 7, 2020 at 12:08 AM.

Old Posted May 6, 2020, 11:44 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This is what is planned for Runnymeade Road - Two traditional four storey wood construction apartment buildings with 55 & 71 units respectively, one to be built this year and the other to be built next year.

Location Map:

Site Plan:

Elevation (of the 71 unit building. The 55 unit building is similar):

Residents of the nearby neighbourhood have already taken notice of this proposal and are expressing some umbrage. The supporting documents include a petition with multiple signatures. The PAC meeting regarding this proposal should be quite lively.........

Old Posted May 6, 2020, 11:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

And finally, this is the smaller Spitfire designed apartment building proposed for Hillsborough Road near Allen Street - 26 units in a two storey building, with access off Allen Street, with frontage on the Petitcodiac River.

Location Map:

Site Plan:

Rendering:

Old Posted May 7, 2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
This is what is planned for Runnymeade Road - Two traditional four storey wood construction apartment buildings with 55 & 71 units respectively, one to be built this year and the other to be built next year.

Location Map:

Site Plan:

Elevation (of the 71 unit building. The 55 unit building is similar):

Residents of the nearby neighbourhood have already taken notice of this proposal and are expressing some umbrage. The supporting documents include a petition with multiple signatures. The PAC meeting regarding this proposal should be quite lively.........
Is this another Moemar project? According to Jonny Golden, Moemar were planning three 55 unit buildings across the street by the water tower. That's a lot of apartment buildings in that one area with even more coming. I live in the area. Once the pandemic is over and the Coverdale Rec Centre opens, traffic on Runnymead will be crazy. I know for a fact that when there is a big event at the rec centre, Runnymead is down to one lane because people park on both sides of the road. This should become interesting and I will be avoiding Runnymead.

Old Posted May 7, 2020, 1:10 PM

This is the same one I was referring to. By the water tower I just meant that area, not the same side of the road as the tower. But long term for this area, yes there will me more apartment buildings constructed in the future.

Old Posted May 7, 2020, 4:07 PM

Quote:

With quality materials, this could end up being the best looking apartment building in the region. This is what I envision for Queen street; clean and contemporary but with a subtle stately feel. It would have looked great on the lot immediately east of FiveFive or at the corner with Botsford.

Old Posted May 7, 2020, 4:15 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Agreed. This is an elegant looking building. This is what you get when you employ the services of an actual architect to work on your project............

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces