HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 1:01 AM

That would be great.
However, I may be a pessimist but I have to wonder if they will put this project off again. The first delay was because we, as a province, are broke. Well, if we were broke then, I can only imagine the state of our finances now.
I hope I'm wrong.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
That would be great.
However, I may be a pessimist but I have to wonder if they will put this project off again. The first delay was because we, as a province, are broke. Well, if we were broke then, I can only imagine the state of our finances now.
I hope I'm wrong.
The government needs as many people working as possible right now. Somebody said they were cutting trees for the highway 11 twinning North of
Shediac. If that project is being worked, hopefully the bridge will go forward as well.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 3:07 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Speaking of cutting trees, I drove down Gunningsville Blvd today, and noticed that they have cleared the ROW for (the future) Bridgedale Blvd. I don't know when they did this, but it must be fairly recent. They were to start construction on this new street sometime this year.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 1:53 PM

Rosebank addition

To note, the land has been cleared for the new Rosebank Crescent extention.

They cleared the west side of Rosebank but on the east extension. The east side was supposed to run parallel to the Moncton Golf and Country Club.

What up with that?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
The government needs as many people working as possible right now. Somebody said they were cutting trees for the highway 11 twinning North of
Shediac. If that project is being worked, hopefully the bridge will go forward as well.
Yeah that was me who mentioned the tree cutting going on at Shediac River.
I hope you are right on the Riverview bridge.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
Yeah that was me who mentioned the tree cutting going on at Shediac River.
I hope you are right on the Riverview bridge.
L'homard are they still cutting trees up there?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
To note, the land has been cleared for the new Rosebank Crescent extention.

They cleared the west side of Rosebank but on the east extension. The east side was supposed to run parallel to the Moncton Golf and Country Club.

What up with that?
Drove by to see what they're doing. Looks like they've cut trees on both sides now. If memory serves me correctly, they got a re-zoning awhile back so they could build townhouse type units there. If they start construction on Rosebank as well as building the Kensington apartments, it'll be a busy summer for them.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2020, 12:16 AM

Quote:
I was by there today and it was all quiet, but it was noonish and they might have been having lunch. It's just a typical small time contractor cutting and removing the wood, not a huge operation by any means.
I will be in that area Wednesday or Thursday and I'll have another look. Honestly I wasn't even paying attention when I went by today.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2020, 6:51 PM

Quote:
I drove by again today. I didn't see the tree crew, which wouldn't be unusual as they might have been hidden by the trees or whatever.
However, there was a crew on the new bridge doing steel work.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2020, 2:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Speaking of cutting trees, I drove down Gunningsville Blvd today, and noticed that they have cleared the ROW for (the future) Bridgedale Blvd. I don't know when they did this, but it must be fairly recent. They were to start construction on this new street sometime this year.
I went up Gunningsville Blvd tonight and saw that. Quite a wide cut has been made there. I believe when the causeway is closed, they want people coming into town from down river to avoid the bridge intersection if they aren't going across the river. It would make sense that this new road will be built before the causeway closes.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2020, 12:20 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Interesting perspective of the construction cranes at the Trans Aqua site at Outhouse Point in Riverview East:

Old Posted Apr 13, 2020, 3:13 AM

"Outhouse Point"? That's... charming

Old Posted Apr 13, 2020, 3:19 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hali87 View Post
"Outhouse Point"? That's... charming
Indeed - and Trans Aqua operates the sewage treatment plant there.

Yes, you heard that right, the greater Moncton sewage treatment plant is at Outhouse Point.

BTW, in this case, Outhouse is a family name..........

Old Posted Apr 13, 2020, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Indeed - and Trans Aqua operates the sewage treatment plant there.

Yes, you heard that right, the greater Moncton sewage treatment plant is at Outhouse Point.

BTW, in this case, Outhouse is a family name..........
I always thought you were just making a joke! Well thank you for the history lesson

Old Posted Apr 13, 2020, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
I always thought you were just making a joke! Well thank you for the history lesson
The crane has been there for ages. Seems to be a very long and drawn out project.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2020, 7:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
The crane has been there for ages. Seems to be a very long and drawn out project.
I walked by there on the weekend (hence the photo). It is a big project. I forget the absolute worth of this project, but it is undoubtedly the largest ongoing project in the greater Moncton area (since the completion of the Avenir Centre).

Old Posted Apr 17, 2020, 4:10 PM

From Riverview council meeting April 14th:

Council made a motion to approve the development agreement with MoeMar Homes for the construction of the extension of Runneymeade Road in 2020/21. Furthermore, Council authorized the Town to advance funds to MoeMar Homes, up to $700,000, for the construction of Runneymeade Road, which will be repaid over time. Council also authorized staff to use funds from the Capital Reserve Fund, if necessary, in 2020 to advance those funds to MoeMar Homes.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2020, 5:47 PM

Quote:
From Riverview council meeting April 14th:

Council made a motion to approve the development agreement with MoeMar Homes for the construction of the extension of Runneymeade Road in 2020/21. Furthermore, Council authorized the Town to advance funds to MoeMar Homes, up to $700,000, for the construction of Runneymeade Road, which will be repaid over time. Council also authorized staff to use funds from the Capital Reserve Fund, if necessary, in 2020 to advance those funds to MoeMar Homes.
Wow, MoeMar isn't feeling the effects of the pandemic. Didn't they just buy that parcel of land off Runneymeade by the water tower and spent another $750k on all the vacant land on Oakfield that, i will assume, will eventually run up to Runneymeade? They already started construction of three houses on Oakfield last week.

Last edited by Sunnybrae; Apr 17, 2020 at 6:13 PM.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2020, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Wow, MoeMar isn't feeling the effects of the pandemic. Didn't they just buy that parcel of land off Runneymeade by the water tower and spent another $750k on all the vacant land on Oakfield that, i will assume, will eventually run up to Runneymeade? They already started construction of three houses on Oakfield last week.
MoeMar are doing very well. They seem to be selling everything they build immediately. I frequently see sold stickers on their units that are still under construction. They've been building single family homes, semi-detached, and also townhouse style units. The townhouse units were originally sold as condos, but 3-4 years ago they started building them as rental units. This year they're going to start adding apartment buildings. To start, there's a 55 unit building planned for Runnymeade.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
MoeMar are doing very well. They seem to be selling everything they build immediately. I frequently see sold stickers on their units that are still under construction. They've been building single family homes, semi-detached, and also townhouse style units. The townhouse units were originally sold as condos, but 3-4 years ago they started building them as rental units. This year they're going to start adding apartment buildings. To start, there's a 55 unit building planned for Runnymeade.
So the apartment building would be built on the land by the water tower? I wonder what else they would have planned for that land. Definitely a 55 unit apartment building would not fill that space.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces