HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 6, 2019, 2:31 PM

Sorry for the double-post, but since we're on the topic of Kensington Apartments -

Looks like both buildings are completely rented already: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...dJU/edit#gid=0

Also, look at this maximally invasive rental application form they make you fill out:
https://milestoneproperties.managebu...pps/rentalapp/

Old Posted Jul 6, 2019, 2:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Nothing like asking for more information than you really need!!!

I wonder why they didn't inquire about the maternal grandmother religious affiliation????

Old Posted Jul 6, 2019, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTBourque View Post
Sorry for the double-post, but since we're on the topic of Kensington Apartments -

Looks like both buildings are completely rented already: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...dJU/edit#gid=0

Also, look at this maximally invasive rental application form they make you fill out:
You'd think that if the building was fully rented already, that they would want to get it built as soon as possible. But who knows, maybe they have other things they're doing first. It's a really nice development for Riverview.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2019, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Nothing like asking for more information than you really need!!!

I wonder why they didn't inquire about the maternal grandmother religious affiliation????
Yeah... a little invasive in my opinion.

My answer on any type of form that inquires about my monthly/yearly salary is always, "Honestly, none of your fu@%!ng business".

Old Posted Jul 6, 2019, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodiacCanuck View Post
Yeah... a little invasive in my opinion.

My answer on any type of form that inquires about my monthly/yearly salary is always, "Honestly, none of your fu@%!ng business".
Agree. And yet they have both buildings pre leased before they're even built!

Old Posted Jul 7, 2019, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTBourque View Post

LOL I’m pretty sure milestone properties would know me better than my own wife with that application

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 12:15 AM

According to the Weather Network it looks like it's going to be nice all week. Will we finally see something happen at the Kensington apartments site? Their website says it's a 72 unit building and that there is a waiting list. Their plans also include a second building that is apparently already completely pre-leased!

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 10:48 PM

Quinn Court Luxury Apartments

Footings are being poured for the 2nd Quinn Court Luxury Apartment. If the renderings hold true there will be a couple outdoors pickleball courts adjacent to the building. Nice touch.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
Footings are being poured for the 2nd Quinn Court Luxury Apartment. If the renderings hold true there will be a couple outdoors pickleball courts adjacent to the building. Nice touch.
Are these rental apartments or condominiums?

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 11:12 AM

It says Luxury apartments on the sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Are these rental apartments or condominiums?

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 3:24 PM
Random Contributor

The Cleveland apartments are up to 4th floor on first building, and foundation is poured for second building.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
The Cleveland apartments are up to 4th floor on first building, and foundation is poured for second building.

It looks like that foundation is the underground parking as there is a wide door at the south end. They are really making good progress. It's going to be quite a building when it's completed.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 6:28 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
It looks like that foundation is the underground parking as there is a wide door at the south end. They are really making good progress. It's going to be quite a building when it's completed.
The parking door on building two is well positioned, but there is also a vehicle opening on the south side of building one that is in quite a deep pit. I'm not sure there's room for a ramp up from it to the current lane that would allow visibility for cars coming out.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 6:55 PM

Quote:
The parking door on building two is well positioned, but there is also a vehicle opening on the south side of building one that is in quite a deep pit. I'm not sure there's room for a ramp up from it to the current lane that would allow visibility for cars coming out.
I didn't realize it was 2 separate buildings.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2019, 4:55 PM

What would be great for Riverview would be for the vacant lot on Coverdale Rd. just east of the Dairy Queen to be developed. Such an excellent location. Something that's been for sale for years and doesn't sell is usually overpriced. I wonder what the story is, and who owns this land.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2019, 5:22 PM

Quote:
What would be great for Riverview would be for the vacant lot on Coverdale Rd. just east of the Dairy Queen to be developed. Such an excellent location. Something that's been for sale for years and doesn't sell is usually overpriced. I wonder what the story is, and who owns this land.
When that land was originally cleared they were supposed to build a hotel there, that was 20-25 years ago. It was cleared and then almost immediately put up for sale.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2019, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
When that land was originally cleared they were supposed to build a hotel there, that was 20-25 years ago. It was cleared and then almost immediately put up for sale.
Somebody's been paying property taxes on it for a long time. I know it's probably not a lot since it's vacant land but still. I'd say it's likely over priced. It's a prime location for development, but it has to make financial sense for somebody to make the investment.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2019, 7:14 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Somebody's been paying property taxes on it for a long time. I know it's probably not a lot since it's vacant land but still. I'd say it's likely over priced. It's a prime location for development, but it has to make financial sense for somebody to make the investment.
I wouldn't say its a prime property. Driving from Moncton on the bridge would require a left turn across regular backed up traffic. Customers from the west end of Riverview would need to make an uncontrolled left turn to get home. It's not within easy walking distance of most homes in Riverview. What kind of business makes sense there?

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't say its a prime property. Driving from Moncton on the bridge would require a left turn across regular backed up traffic. Customers from the west end of Riverview would need to make an uncontrolled left turn to get home. It's not within easy walking distance of most homes in Riverview. What kind of business makes sense there?
I still think the original plan of a hotel would be perfect there, especially since there are no accommodations in Riverview right now.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 12:02 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
I still think the original plan of a hotel would be perfect there, especially since there are no accommodations in Riverview right now.
I'd prefer to see a Riverview hotel on the prestigious corner hill overlooking the new arena, backing onto the golf course, with controlled access from Gunningsville Blvd.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces