HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 27, 2013, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Spices of Punjab. Never been but heard its good.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/265/1422...-Punjab-Regina
There's also Flavours of India. Prairie Dog magazine rated it the best Indian food in Regina.

www.flavoursofindia.ca

I've tried both restaurants though and both are good, so it's just personal preference.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2013, 9:01 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

While you are at the task of merging this thread why not fix the title? What is an expresso anyway?

Old Posted Mar 27, 2013, 9:42 PM

Sorry for the self/family promotion here, but my cousin just launched a company that makes authentic Mukluks with real materials from trappers in Manitoba using ethical and sustainable trapping methods. These are not your "booth in the mall" cheap Mukluks. She buys her materials mainly from first nations who depends on trapping for their livelihoods. It is a great project and i believe it will continue to grow. Hope you guys take a look (great gifts for the wife/girlfriend).

http://www.northernlightmukluks.com

http://www.facebook.com/northernlightmukluks

"I feel like I've been living in a city with no children in it, a garden left for ruin by a millionaire inside of a private prison"

Old Posted Mar 27, 2013, 10:56 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Old Posted Mar 27, 2013, 11:41 PM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
While you are at the task of merging this thread why not fix the title? What is an expresso anyway?
Western Express + Espresso = Western Expresso

Why espresso? These off-topic discussions are often referred to (in the midwest, at least) as "coffee talk".

We decided on this title when the thread was created back in early 2011.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2013, 12:12 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

last time i fixed the spelling error i got heck from u guys

Old Posted Mar 29, 2013, 11:48 PM

Goodbye. All posts are deleted.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2013, 12:01 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieDavid Exchange View Post
Goodbye. All posts are deleted.
What are you talking about?

Old Posted Mar 30, 2013, 1:07 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinook View Post
What are you talking about?
He went berserk and deleted every single post he made in this thread for some reason.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2013, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
He went berserk and deleted every single post he made in this thread for some reason.
Nevermind.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2013, 4:52 AM
Transit Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisallard5454 View Post
Nevermind.
Winnipeg SSP is confusing me alot lately. Just saying.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2013, 4:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorand93 View Post
Winnipeg SSP is confusing me alot lately. Just saying.
Never mind, as in I posted something, and then changed my mind about posting it, so I ended up deleting it.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2013, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
That's too bad, he was a great poster and added much information and insight to this forum.I enjoyed his pictures and updates.

As a new poster, not like the 1000 + posters here, experts and members working in this field,(did earn my stripes with 10 yrs construction exp. when younger), It can be tough to post on this forum, without getting destroyed sometimes.

Sounds harsh but with only 17 or so posts here, I've experienced that you almost don't want to post new material or voice an opinion without the chance of being shot down, It's intimidating to new posters or non experts.(Heaven forbid you make a mistake) You want to increase membership, not scare it away? Just my own thoughts not meant to offend but to point out something I've noticed since joining.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2013, 6:11 PM
BANNED

Is it just me, or do the Winnipeg threads seem to have the most dysfunctionality out of all the city-specific threads in the Canadian section? I've read city-specific threads in other Canadian subforums, and I have never seen such dysfunctionalism in those threads to the same degree as I see in Winnipeg threads. Is there any particular reason for that? There seems to be constant bickering, belittling, racism and other negative posts that seem to creep into every single Winnipeg thread. Regardless of what it is, it is a very poor reflection on Winnipeg and the citizens as it most certainly does NOT reflect my hometown. Maybe it has to do with the moderators and how they run the show here? I have no idea, but it certainly takes away from the experience of SSP.

Just my two cents.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2013, 7:01 PM
Source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrodill View Post
That's too bad, he was a great poster and added much information and insight to this forum.I enjoyed his pictures and updates.

As a new poster, not like the 1000 + posters here, experts and members working in this field,(did earn my stripes with 10 yrs construction exp. when younger), It can be tough to post on this forum, without getting destroyed sometimes.

Sounds harsh but with only 17 or so posts here, I've experienced that you almost don't want to post new material or voice an opinion without the chance of being shot down, It's intimidating to new posters or non experts.(Heaven forbid you make a mistake) You want to increase membership, not scare it away? Just my own thoughts not meant to offend but to point out something I've noticed since joining.

Theres a reason I've been here a lot of years and post next to nothing.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2013, 7:03 PM
I am a typical

That's the biggest drawback to internet forums. They get dominated by a few people and the little people get pushed out. I think the main reason we're seeing that here is because this thread is basically a discussion between a handful of people. Other opinions and new voices are "interrupting" them.

The off-topic aspect of the thread is, similar to the Northern Ontario thread, a result of the discussion moving faster than the topics it is discussing, resulting in the discussion getting thrown off topic. There isn't enough news of development to keep us occupied but we must discuss it. Compared this to Calgary where you can't turn a page in the local paper without new development news staring you in the face.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2013, 7:04 PM
Source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinook View Post
Is it just me, or do the Winnipeg threads seem to have the most dysfunctionality out of all the city-specific threads in the Canadian section? I've read city-specific threads in other Canadian subforums, and I have never seen such dysfunctionalism in those threads to the same degree as I see in Winnipeg threads. Is there any particular reason for that? There seems to be constant bickering, belittling, racism and other negative posts that seem to creep into every single Winnipeg thread. Regardless of what it is, it is a very poor reflection on Winnipeg and the citizens as it most certainly does NOT reflect my hometown. Maybe it has to do with the moderators and how they run the show here? I have no idea, but it certainly takes away from the experience of SSP.

Just my two cents.

I'm not sure why this thread is so much worse than others on this forum. Maybe it reflects the annoyance/anger many have at this city/province, constantly having high hopes that are dashed for one reason or another.

As for the racism, I feel like Manitoba is at the front of the Native debate as our Native population is very high compared to other parts of Canada. As a result there are some very strong opinions on it (often considered racist).

Old Posted Mar 30, 2013, 8:58 PM

st vital
rising, rising
the mighty river
mother nature
george's poutine
rumble, rumble
across dakota
dusty, discounts
pier 1 imports
double points
shoppers drug marts
whoppers, thugs, carts

Old Posted Mar 30, 2013, 9:28 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

some people are fickle.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2013, 10:08 PM
BANNED

time for a poetry thread

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan