HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Feb 16, 2008, 5:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtbc View Post
I have been keeping up with your posts about Viewpoint, but I am a first time poster.

I was walking around Viewpoint earlier today so I popped into their sales office to ask a few questions. The sidewalk in the front of the building should be completed and open within the next week or two, they are around 50% sold, and occupancy should begin by June at the latest...
Thanks gtbc, that's good news on the sidewalk access. My walk to lunch has been a real pain in the behind since they fenced it off.

Still mourning the loss of McCrays!

Old Posted Feb 16, 2008, 3:44 PM

Speaking of which, has anyone heard anything new on who will occupy the retail space? I seem to recall saying some months back that they would be announced in a matter of days.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2008, 5:40 PM

50% sold...that's great news!

Old Posted Feb 23, 2008, 6:38 AM

Unfortunately, I think gtbc was given some bad info. I exchanged emails with a Viewpoint realtor today who told me that they are only 33% sold. Also, the estimated move in date is June 1. Still no word on retail occupants.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2008, 7:19 PM

any ideas about a night lighting scheme?? I've been looking on the webcam, but I haven't seen it light up at all...

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 2:14 AM

Free HOA

Did anyone get any details on free HOA that Viewpoint may have offered in contracts? I heard that a law recently passed forbidding lenders to offer free HOA, and I'm certain that Viewpoint has this in quite a few, if not all of their contracts.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 8:59 PM

How many is "quite a few"?

You can still offer free HOA but it has to be deducted off the sale price, so I'm sure they still have room to maneuver.

I know of one prominent lender that writes Freddie paper that can still accept HOA prepayments as seller concessions and not seller contributions.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 11:10 AM

They seemed to have the wave somewhat lit up this morning but not sure that's the final lighting. If so, very underwhelming. Somehow I imagined the wave lit from within. This wasn't the case--it was dimly lit from outside.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 1:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cane View Post
They seemed to have the wave somewhat lit up this morning but not sure that's the final lighting. If so, very underwhelming. Somehow I imagined the wave lit from within. This wasn't the case--it was dimly lit from outside.
I noticed that last night. I am pretty sure it is not the final lighting as none of the other outside lighting was turned on (ie the lights around the pool and dog walk). If that is the final lighting then they shouldn't even bother.

I also noticed that Tuesday between 6:00 and 7:00 they were testing the fire alarm in Viewpoint. That generally means a certificate of occupancy or at least a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy should follow soon.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 7:31 PM

I like this building, and didn't realize it would actually stand out somewhat. It is in what I call the "Novare Block", since the entire 7th & Peachtree intersection is Nover buildings, or at least 3 outta 4 are. I wonder how long it'll be before the other 2 towers are built, and if so, they should be cut in half, make Viewpoint the epicenter of the Trilogy project.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2008, 7:28 PM

Pics from inside

Well, I've read your thread on how the construction of this building has proceeded. My best friend is putting down an offer today for a 2bd, 2bth unit. Looking around, it looks like he might be able to wait and get a better deal, but he is really specific about what he wants, and the rates are low enough for him to pull the trigger now.

Anyway, here are some pics he snapped of the views from the 30th floor:

Looking South:

Looking North:

I may be going back up today as they are negotiating prices and I'll snap some more recent pics of amenities, etc. They just got furniture into the amenities level this past week and it looks amazing. Much larger space than any of the other buildings in Midtown I've been in.

Last edited by bkporter12; Apr 23, 2008 at 1:11 PM. Reason: fixing pics

Old Posted Apr 21, 2008, 10:49 PM

Sweet views - thanks for posting. I walked by there a few evenings ago and liked the the red-lighted trim at the entrance. The lobby looked a bit small, but I guess it's for residents only unlike buildings like Metropolis. Can't wait to see what restaurants and stores end up there. Did they have any hints?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2008, 11:03 PM

lobby

The lobby looks deceptively small from the entrance because it extends laterally behind the retail units. I do really like the water feature behind the concierge desk in the lobby, though.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2008, 11:11 PM

retail units

No concrete info on the retail occupants, however the agent has said more than once that, once they start closing on the residential (June 1), that info would become more apparent. My guess is that they are going to complete the building construction (still doing the interiors of halls, etc. Each unit is being finished as it sells: selection of floor style, wall colors, etc), then the retail will show up soon after that.

If I were a retail company, I wouldn't want to be contractually (publically) obligated to open a store in a non-finished building. Then again, what do I know?

Old Posted Apr 22, 2008, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkporter12 View Post

If I were a retail company, I wouldn't want to be contractually (publically) obligated to open a store in a non-finished building. Then again, what do I know?
Not to mention that they would be starting in an unproven market and a down economy. Its suddenly the worst possible time to try and start an urban retail district. Long term though, I'm very bullish on Midtown retail.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2008, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG72 View Post
Unfortunately, I think gtbc was given some bad info. I exchanged emails with a Viewpoint realtor today who told me that they are only 33% sold. Also, the estimated move in date is June 1. Still no word on retail occupants.
33% sold actually sounds very exciting in today's market! It may take a few years to fill up a building these days but no doubt the developers took that into account.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2008, 9:53 PM

Well, they can add another one to the sold column as my best friend just signed a contract. Someone told me that $200 a sq ft is cost, but I don't know how accurate that is.

When he originally started seriously looking there about a month ago, they said closings would begin June 1, but now they say they are pushing them back to mid-June at the earliest. Don't know what the delay is as everything looks really close to finished inside (at least on the floors I've been on).

Last edited by bkporter12; Apr 23, 2008 at 1:12 PM.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2008, 10:36 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
33% sold actually sounds very exciting in today's market! It may take a few years to fill up a building these days but no doubt the developers took that into account.

I agree, and it will fill up over time. I could honostly say that within the next 3 to 5 years easy that this project will probably be be sold out... People will also see it's presence over time and that will also draw people to buy.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2008, 1:36 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post

Andrea, keep in mind that this tower has over 400 units. Imagine if a developer built 400 houses and only a 33% sold. That developer would probably be out of business.

That is the issue with building condos. Having 400 units come on line all at once is risky. That is why banks before the heyday required developers to have 50% or more pre-sale commitments. I would not want to be Novare right now.

Old Posted May 15, 2008, 12:20 AM

According to midtown alliance website there are two large condo/hotel projects on the blocks north and south of the viewpoint block, so those are likely to spoil the view from a lot of the units.

The floorplans are heavily skewed towards 1 bedrooms units (with one parking space), much like Spire and Metropolis.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive