HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Dec 8, 2019, 10:05 PM

I wonder what happened to 903 Peachtree. It just stalled completely.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2019, 2:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I think that someone on one of the forums mentioned trees on the site were marked as of a couple weeks ago.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
I think that someone on one of the forums mentioned trees on the site were marked as of a couple weeks ago.
Those were marked a while ago. They stalled in permitting for about four months but have recently had activity, within the past few weeks they have returned modifications for building design review. I consider it still ongoing.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptychtwo View Post
Those were marked a while ago. They stalled in permitting for about four months but have recently had activity, within the past few weeks they have returned modifications for building design review. I consider it still ongoing.
Nice. Sounds like 2020 could be a huge year for new offices and height to Midtown. Would be a lot of fun to see a handful of these towers rise together.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
Is there a list of all Midtown projects, both under construction and proposed?

If all of these projects get going there could be something like 30 cranes up at once in Midtown. There's the potential of cranes being up for all of these projects at once:

1. Emory Winship tower
2. Dual brand hotel/Emory parking deck
3. Dual brand hotel next to Fox Theatre
4. Norfolk Southern and student tower (5-6 cranes already)
5. Tech square expansion on 5th
6. ~25 story apartment tower on Juniper and 5th
7. 32 story apartment tower on Juniper and 8th
8. 20 story apartment tower on Spring and 8th (announced yesterday)
9. The Mark (this crane might be coming down as early as Spring 2020)
10. Toll Brothers at W. Peachtree and 11th (36 story and ~28 story towers). Likely multiple cranes for this project
11. 1105 W. Peachtree (4-5 cranes already)
12. 1138 Peachtree (47 story)
13. 1230 W. Peachtree (40 story)
14. Two tower development (apt and office) on Spring across street from Whole Foods (likely 2 cranes)
15. Midtown Union (3 - 4 cranes)
16. New SCAD dorm
17. Toll brothers on 14th east of W Hotel
18. Campanile expansion / additional floors
19. Second Anthem building
20. Opus

Damn! Mindboggling. That's got to be at least 30 cranes. Granted, it's likely that they won't all have cranes up at one time, but that list of projects is hard to fathom, even if only 12 of these actually get built. And there's probably 1 or two I'm forgetting.
14th and Spring. Or is that the project you have as being across from Whole Foods?

Old Posted Dec 9, 2019, 1:52 PM
Development Spectator

Great list. The Development Tour page published by the Midtown Alliance provides renderings for most of these for those with questions: https://www.midtownatl.com/business/development-tour

Others on this list (Emory projects) are just outside of Midtown as defined by the Midtown Alliance.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2019, 2:49 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalopolis View Post
I believe 1138 Peachtree and SLS are two different projects. The SLS address is 1122 Crescent Ave. It's on the site of a current apartment building at the corner of Crescent and 13th Street. It's not on Peachtree.

https://whatnowatlanta.com/1138-peac...otel-residence
They are two different projects

Old Posted Dec 9, 2019, 2:52 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Quote:
Really? It hasn’t been that long. Christ the 1138 pt project has been around for years and it going to the DRC, for the millionth time in as many years. What about the cousins tower, 1125 pt tower, Opus, come on.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2019, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daharris80 View Post
Great list. The Development Tour page published by the Midtown Alliance provides renderings for most of these for those with questions: https://www.midtownatl.com/business/development-tour

Others on this list (Emory projects) are just outside of Midtown as defined by the Midtown Alliance.
FYI - the renderings/project information is almost always outdated and/or incorrect on this page.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2019, 10:32 PM

Per Midtown Alliance/ Curbed, 1138 Peachtree is no longer on the tonight's agenda.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 1:00 AM

Hub on Campus - 960 Spring Street

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 1:01 AM

1230 W. Peachtree

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 1:10 AM

I was honestly expecting something a lot more interesting from Hanover tower instead another Novare-like tower. In this case "when in Rome", is not good thing.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 1:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
I was honestly expecting something a lot more interesting from Hanover tower instead another Novare-like tower. In this case "when in Rome", is not good thing.
I don’t hate it. I hate that tall self storage facility above it.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post
I don’t hate it. I hate that tall self storage facility above it.

Yeah I don't hate it either and Novare-like is probably a bit harsh. Hanover tends to have a nice attention to details in their towers and I'll expect that they will do the same here. I wouldn't be surprised if the finished product is way better than the initial rendering would suggest.

Self storage unit?

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 4:35 AM

The problem with the Hanover skyscraper is that it just takes absolutely no risks. Their Hanover project on Peachtree went with a unique curve-like building that immediately draws eyes to it.

I like the massing though. To me it's not a super wide project and it has good width to length ratio which is something missing in Midtown. The height will for sure expand the skyline in the northern direction and give more depth to the skyline of the area itself(too many shorter towers built recently).

Crazy that W. Peachtree is going to be more dense than Peachtree at this rate. With Midtown Union, This Hanover project, 1105 W Peachtree, and then hopefully the Arts Center development sometime in the future, this area will legit feel like a new Downtown area that rivals Peachtree Center.

God, please let Arts Center be redeveloped soon. At this rate, it's gonna be the last undeveloped parcel of this entire area and it literally has the potential to create a new center of gravity in the entire city, if not at least Midtown, if done right.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 5:25 AM

Quote:
Crazy that W. Peachtree is going to be more dense than Peachtree at this rate. With Midtown Union, This Hanover project, 1105 W Peachtree, and then hopefully the Arts Center development sometime in the future, this area will legit feel like a new Downtown area that rivals Peachtree Center.
Add in the Toll Brothers project and West Peachtree will be unrecognizable.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 5:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Yeah I don't hate it either and Novare-like is probably a bit harsh. Hanover tends to have a nice attention to details in their towers and I'll expect that they will do the same here. I wouldn't be surprised if the finished product is way better than the initial rendering would suggest.

Self storage unit?
The Hub on Campus looks like a self storage.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
The problem with the Hanover skyscraper is that it just takes absolutely no risks. Their Hanover project on Peachtree went with a unique curve-like building that immediately draws eyes to it.

God, please let Arts Center be redeveloped soon. At this rate, it's gonna be the last undeveloped parcel of this entire area and it literally has the potential to create a new center of gravity in the entire city, if not at least Midtown, if done right.
I feel as if architects and developers aren’t inspired by Atlanta’s creative side, but rather are building the city into a physical and metaphorical glass box reflective of the corporate handouts the city’s been providing. In other words, they know they can get away with less and factor that in to design from the get go. Atlanta is a conglomeration of personal creativity, corporate opportunity, and small town america- I wish our designs evoked that.

Similar to the city design book of “where we want to live”, I wish Atlanta would host an architecture design competition to inspire how we’d prefer skyscrapers and midrises be massed and designed.

Also, interesting thought about shifting midtown’s center of gravity as Arts Center builds up. While it’s narrow and the parking deck wall on spring limits opportunity, it also benefits from being connected to so many residents both north of 10th and nearby at a maturing Atlantic station.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post
The Hub on Campus looks like a self storage.
I'm with you on The Hub development. To me it looks like a parking podium base design...just without the apartments above it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta