HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Waldorf Astoria Hotel & Residences Miami in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Miami Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted May 2, 2024, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpolom View Post
Well, we don't want to end up with a tilting skyscraper like in New York, and San Francisco.
Yup, No tilting and only cantilevering! I would guestimate sometime in end of 2026 or early 2027 for topping off.

Old Posted May 2, 2024, 6:42 PM

Impressive! Are those bunches of rods going to turn into columns, for underground parking stories?

Edit -- I hadn't looked at the pics before posting, clearly not, they're just all way too close. A full slab is going to be poured at that level, I assume?

Old Posted May 2, 2024, 9:02 PM

Yeah - they'll be connected via a mat pour that will distribute the weight of the building more evenly across them.

I would think the mat pour should be somewhat soon - within a few months. They have a lot of rebar to lay for that. Then vertical construction will start.

These big towers in Miami clearly require much deeper and larger foundations per height than buildings up north. Okan and Panorama towers had similar mat pour sizes to Petronas Towers and this will probably be the similar - although I think this required more piling work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
Impressive! Are those bunches of rods going to turn into columns, for underground parking stories?

Edit -- I hadn't looked at the pics before posting, clearly not, they're just all way too close. A full slab is going to be poured at that level, I assume?

Old Posted May 4, 2024, 2:32 AM

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction