HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Apr 18, 2008, 4:11 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

{SA} The Rim Announces Construction of Four New Restaurants

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business...8.3003d50.html

Quote:
4 restaurants to add flavor, spirits to Northwest Side's Rim

Web Posted: 04/17/2008 08:38 PM CDT

Melissa S. Monroe
Express-News Business Writer

Developers of The Rim on Thursday announced the addition of four restaurants and bars that will bring both "Old World" charm and upscale, high-energy spirit to the far Northwest Side development.

Maggiano's Little Italy, Harry's Pacific Grill, Stone Werks Big Rock Grille and The Lion & Rose British Restaurant and Pub all have confirmed plans to begin construction soon with openings scheduled this year at the shopping center at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604.

The Rim, a development of Georgia-based Thomas Enterprises Inc., has attracted big-name retailers such as Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World, Best Buy, JCPenney and The Palladium movie theater.

Some of the retailers there have said their stores at The Rim are their top stores in Texas, said Ward A. Kampf, president of retail leasing for Thomas Enterprises.

"We have a lot more assortment now with these restaurants, and this corridor is one of the strongest in Texas. It's a great intersection that's been underserved for years," he said.

This will be only the fourth Maggiano's in Texas, with other locations in Houston and the Dallas area. It's a part of Dallas-based Brinker International, whose other chains include Chili's Grill & Bar, Romano's Macaroni Grill and On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina.

Harry's Pacific Grill is the first expansion outside California, where its first two restaurants in Temecula and Rancho Cucamonga have been successful. The restaurant features an open kitchen offering seafood, steaks and wok dishes.

The new Stone Werks Big Rock Grille in The Rim will feature nearly 100 wines by the glass and 40 premium beers on tap.

The company already has stores in the Quarry Market and on Loop 1604 at Blanco Road.

The Lion & Rose features an extensive array of British and American offerings and a wooden bar with a broad selection of high-end spirits and imported beers.

The Rim development also includes Target, HomeGoods, Dick's Sporting Goods and a Life Time Fitness. There are also plans for several branded hotels, a boutique hotel and upscale condominiums.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2008, 4:29 AM

Quote:
Four new restaurants open for business in The Rim

San Antonio Business Journal - by Tricia Lynn Silva

Patrons of behemoth shopping center The Rim have some new choices on their plate.

Atlanta-based Thomas Enterprises Inc., the developer for The Rim, has announced its latest arrivals: Maggiano's Little Italy, Harry's Pacific Grill, Stone Werks Big Rock Grille and The Lion & Rose Pub.

"These four establishments will fit perfectly with The Rim's aim to provide first-class shopping, dining and lively night-time entertainment, and all with a distinctive casual luxury touch," says Ward A. Kampf, president of retail leasing for Thomas Enterprises.

Maggiano's is one of several restaurants under the umbrella of Dallas-based Brinker International. The Rim location marks the first Maggiano's in San Antonio -- and only the fourth location in Texas.

Wyman Roberts, president of Maggiano's, says that his company tries to make the venue "an inviting place that brings the 'old neighborhood (of Italy)' a little closer to your neighborhood.

"The Rim shares the sense of community we promote, and we are honored to be a part of it," Roberts adds.

Harry's Pacific Grill features Latin American and Asian specialties. The Rim marks the first location for Harry's outside of California.

Robert Jennings, CEO of the restaurant, says that he believes San Antonio "will embrace the culinary experience we provide."

Locally based Stone Werks, already a noted fixture in the city with its North Central and Far North Side restaurants, will open store No. 3 at The Rim. As with its existing venues, the new Stone Werks will boast an extensive menu, nearly 100 wines-by-the-glass and 40 premium beers on tap.

"(The Rim) is located squarely in the middle of San Antonio's high-growth corridor, and close to attractions and exclusive residential communities," says owner Richard Maddux.

The Rim Lion & Rose marks the fourth location for local businessman Allen Tharp. The concept has become a popular night-time venue, and is currently a fixture in Alamo Heights, as well as in retail centers Park North in North Central San Antonio, and The Plaza at Concord Park on the Far North Side.

"The Rim is a perfect place to bring the Old-world elegance and modern touches of The Lion & Rose," says Tharp. "The area's residential communities will continue to grow, and new ones are being developed. And you can't beat the variety of retail stores and casual entertainment The Rim offers."

"We are thrilled to announce these additions," adds Thomas' Kampf. They will complement our prime retail environment ..."

Old Posted Apr 19, 2008, 8:17 AM

Wow. Four more restaurants in a metro of 2 million people. Is this exciting or what? I can't wait for San Antonio to get some highrise development that will make this kind of news a thing of the past. This awesome news even got its own thread.

Last edited by The ATX; Apr 19, 2008 at 8:30 AM.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2008, 5:11 PM

I'll bite.

This is just a Rim update. No ones getting excited, well, except you. The only reason I felt the need to post it is because two of the four are new to San Antonio and one of those two is no to Texas all together. Since there's no main Rim thread, I just created a thread for this.

No different then when I posted about the Liberty Bar opening a new restaurant in Southtown.

HC, fyi, no need to mask yourself.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2008, 5:44 PM

I'm cool with this kind of stuff being posted, but isn't this why we have a "Suburban and Metropolitan Update" thread??

Old Posted Apr 19, 2008, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanshirt View Post
I'm cool with this kind of stuff being posted, but isn't this why we have a "Suburban and Metropolitan Update" thread??
Yes it is.

The funny thing is. I created it but I always forget to post in there. But hey, I'm an equal opportunity forgetter as I almost never post my downtown news in the downtown thread.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio