HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 5:30 PM

Winnipeg | South Towers Project | 18 Stories | 24 Stories | Development

I saw this noted in the Winnipeg X Construction thread. I figured a project of this size was "own thread worthy".

As per the Winnipeg X Construction Thread:

South Towers Project
Address: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Architects: http://www.h5architecture.ca/
Developer: Stride Development Corporation http://www.stridedevelopment.ca/featured.html
The South Towers Project is strategically located on a highly sought after site in South Winnipeg. This exciting state of the art project will have 315 rental apartments within two (2) towers of 18 and 24 stories.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 6:14 PM
What could go wrong?

This isn't a real project. It was a design study by the architect to the owner of the Pemby Hotel on what "could" be. There is no developer, no money, no prospect. That's all.

Super nice though and would look amazing at Jubilee.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 6:18 PM

I thought this was for the project closer to the South Perimeter...the one with the goofy question mark sign. Or does that project already have a thread?

Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 6:47 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I thought this was for the project closer to the South Perimeter...the one with the goofy question mark sign. Or does that project already have a thread?
That's the one in the 3200 block of pembina. It's like 13 and 15 floors. Also on the WinnipegX thread
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
This isn't a real project. It was a design study by the architect to the owner of the Pemby Hotel on what "could" be. There is no developer, no money, no prospect. That's all.

Ugh... well that's unfortunate. Thanks for the heads up

Mods, feel free to delete this thread.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 7:42 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
This is the one closer to the south Perimeter.

"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post

It sure looks like a legit development... maybe not exactly as rendered, but based on the links to Stride and H5 it doesn't appear that it's a dead development at all, appears to be a new development?

Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 11:08 PM
Back from the dead

Yeah...no sign that there's any hint that this is actually something that could be.
Other than "featuring" it, there's no trace of a status update of any kind. It doesn't even show up on their proposals page.

That really is a shame, too. Could have been a wonderful addition to the city.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 1:29 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arts View Post
It sure looks like a legit development... maybe not exactly as rendered, but based on the links to Stride and H5 it doesn't appear that it's a dead development at all, appears to be a new development?
I spoke with the architect who did the renderings and he told me just what I said above. It is just a what if. He said if I know anyone with a spare $40 or $50 million bucks and wanted to build a new residential complex to let him know.....I don't.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan