HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 18, 2015, 7:58 PM

Having some fun with the WWW. prior to to the pre-game festivities tonite..enjoy..

3-Minute Ego Test

The average IQ is 100. Have you ever wondered what is your IQ? Take our IQ test and find out what is your level of intelligence right now!
IQ Test

Damn.. those tests have to be wrong..bloody internet tests...

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 3:35 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Interesting bit about 3D modelling of a city.

http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2015/04/...-uses-3d-model

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 3:56 PM

That's cool. I've seen that guy's renderings in the Canada section. Good to see he's getting recognition for it.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 5:26 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Having some fun with the WWW. prior to to the pre-game festivities tonite..enjoy..

3-Minute Ego Test

The average IQ is 100. Have you ever wondered what is your IQ? Take our IQ test and find out what is your level of intelligence right now!
IQ Test

Damn.. those tests have to be wrong..bloody internet tests...
IQ: 143 and I'm pissed off. My browser did the drawing the lines in the box portion badly. I couldn't finish a couple of them because it was messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by test
Your IQ Score puts you in the highest Genius range of intelligence (140+), indicating that you are at the very top of the intelligence scale. You have good memory skills and are able to memorise and recall a sufficient amount of items. Practising memory games will help to boost your memory ability and enhance your intelligence score, however you have excellent word comprehension skills and perform extremely well at language based tasks such as writing an article or understanding written works. This will help you greatly if you are involved in publishing or journalism.

You have superb spatial relations abilities that give you a huge advantage when undertaking such activities as estimating space or parking a car.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
IQ: 143 and I'm pissed off. My browser did the drawing the lines in the box portion badly. I couldn't finish a couple of them because it was messed up.
I knew we had 1 or 2 geniuses on board, well done.

The functionality of the spatial recognition test made it awkward to use as well.

I tried the test answering 2-3 random questions total in the 5 sections, Still came out with a 90 ?1? hmmm. curious? I also noticed that the score fluctuated after each beer I had...

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 2:18 PM
arf

Beer IQ tests. Awesome. I'm in.

Now I'm going to be thinking about the WKRP episode where Johnny and Venus are drinking with the patrol officer to test reaction times on the air and Johnny keeps getting faster as he gets more drunk. I miss that show.

IQ is only one method of measuring intelligence and not really a great one to me. I tend to score well because I play a lot of Lego (spatial), Scrabble, crossword puzzles, and number puzzles. All which line up to those kinds of questions pretty well.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Beer IQ tests. Awesome. I'm in.

Now I'm going to be thinking about the WKRP episode where Johnny and Venus are drinking with the patrol officer to test reaction times on the air and Johnny keeps getting faster as he gets more drunk. I miss that show.

IQ is only one method of measuring intelligence and not really a great one to me. I tend to score well because I play a lot of Lego (spatial), Scrabble, crossword puzzles, and number puzzles. All which line up to those kinds of questions pretty well.
WKRP, that's a blast from the past...
I loved strategy games, my gf is a huge buff as well, logic, chess, etc.. I'm game for the beer iq test as well.. Oh and visit soon, the Lego store is a coming to the burg..

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 3:23 PM
arf

My wallet is thankful there is no Lego store here. I am guilty of buying bricks from lego.com for projects. I've probably got a hundred mini figures and a setup of about thirty or so figures on my desk. I rotate between summer and winter.

I am a Lego geek. If I didn't have a son and family obligations I would spend all my money on Lego.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 6:01 PM

Quote:
My wallet is thankful there is no Lego store here. I am guilty of buying bricks from lego.com for projects. I've probably got a hundred mini figures and a setup of about thirty or so figures on my desk. I rotate between summer and winter.

I am a Lego geek. If I didn't have a son and family obligations I would spend all my money on Lego.

Actually I love this particular thread..

LEGO Skylines ...

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...highlight=lego

Although I've always been more into diorama's, vehicles, military, planes etc...I think I could spend most of my disposable income on anything oriental, asian, martial arts related, the far east , it's customs, cultures and lifestyle..actually it's a little to prevelent in my western cultured domicle..Sake IQ tests a possiblity..

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 6:34 PM
arf

I built a few micro-towers for my son. He liked them. Then they became part of the inevitable great disaster before I could take photos. I'll get a chance to build more when he's older. I really enjoy the stuff he comes up with.

My friend and co-worker just came back from Tokyo. *so jealous*

He brought me back a nanoblock dragon. I've got it trying to bite the head off the soccer player right now. I so want to get drunk at a yakitori restaurant and wander the streets of Tokyo again.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 6:22 PM

Quote:
I built a few micro-towers for my son. He liked them. Then they became part of the inevitable great disaster before I could take photos. I'll get a chance to build more when he's older. I really enjoy the stuff he comes up with.

My friend and co-worker just came back from Tokyo. *so jealous*

He brought me back a nanoblock dragon. I've got it trying to bite the head off the soccer player right now. I so want to get drunk at a yakitori restaurant and wander the streets of Tokyo again.

Daughter, loved playing with all my finely constructed and time consuming projects..I'm still trying to recover and rebuild from the carnage she created.. She gets it now as a teen... science is her passion now..(this week anyway)

Tokyo, fascinating city..get back thier as soon as you can..

Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 6:29 PM

This is a fun read for those of you who design develop, run blogs, forums etc... on a daily basis..

"The first rule of forums, chat rooms and bulletin boards is:......"
Internet Trolls

Some good graphics and cartoons...enjoy..

Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 7:14 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:

your guna hate me http://sasklegousersgroup.yolasite.com/

Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 9:30 PM

We've talked pro/con Minneapolis freeways before, here's a graphic I saw on Twitter:

Source: https://twitter.com/BrentToderian/st...14305709445120 which links to http://www.vox.com/2014/12/29/746055...ay-slider-maps. The vox link also shows examples in Cincinnati and Detroit.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2015, 8:02 PM

Well, that didn't take long... CentrePoint is a murder scene for the first time, with the rear alley behind the parkade and much of the parkade itself taped off today as the police conduct their investigation.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2015, 8:12 PM

It's funny though how there's no mention of which specific parkade it is, like "the new True North parkade" or "Glasshouse parkade" ... article does the best it can to disguise haha. Surprise surprise from WFP.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2015, 8:21 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Well, that didn't take long... CentrePoint is a murder scene for the first time, with the rear alley behind the parkade and much of the parkade itself taped off today as the police conduct their investigation.
That's unfortunate but not surprising. There is very little foot traffic on that block (why would there be with it being a parkade on one side and no retail or residential on the other?). Combine that with the demographics of Winnipeg and stuff happens I guess.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2015, 8:38 PM

The Wpg police reports are always vague. Its always an assault / arrest or robbery in the xxx block of zzz street they never give an exact location for privacy reasons.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2015, 8:44 PM
Source?

As someone who spends a large portion of their lunch break looking out of the window onto Hargrave watching the various drug deals go down. This isn't surprising lol...

Old Posted Apr 26, 2015, 2:44 AM
BANNED

Looks like there were two murders in that area not one.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan