HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 9:40 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

diging looking for origonals for something i stumbled across this

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 9:44 PM

^ Exchange area alleyway fire escape?

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 10:07 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

125 adelaid

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 10:24 PM

yeah off of princess, B/W raw, grainy. I hope your framing some of these photos. They look sharp with the right border.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 11:13 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

no i havent got the money to do that.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 4:23 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
I'll let you know, I've marked this day in my calendar
Crazy, isn't it?

Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 8:02 PM

Does anyone know if you can embed Tweets in this forum. It does not seem to work for me

https://dev.twitter.com/web/embedded-tweets

Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 8:12 PM
arf

^Not that I know of. Twitter isn't in the BBCode Guide and generally html script is verboten. You could do a URL link to the site or to a specific tweet. You might want to ask the question in the Forum Issues section. It might be something available within the forum software that has not been enabled.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Oct 11, 2014, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
no i havent got the money to do that.
Let me know if you ever need an in to where to go or set it up if you do become intrested.

I'd let you know what galleries/shows and retail outlets you could see some work by family members but I'd probably just have to change my userename to my real name..
Have fun with what you love doing.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2014, 6:10 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

So last weekend, I bought a GoPro camera. Primarily, I'm using it as a dashcam, but also for a few other things. Anyway, the same day I bought it, I decided to test it out by cruising around the city. Observed some... uh... interesting driving by other drivers around this city, as well as point out some landmarks that we have here.

It's not a worst drivers compilation video, but more of a driving video, hence the title.

Video Link

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2014, 3:42 PM

At 6:00, when you make the lane change from the centre lane to right lane at the new Bishop fly-over exit on Kenaston. Thank you!!! Most people line up for blocks in that lane. Then don't change over, like the red grand am. So me being in the far left lane has to squeeze in between cars who refuse to change lanes. Basically making the exit 1 lane from Bishop and then one lane for the cars turning south off Scurfield. Everybody in the centre lane move right. People in the left lane can then move to the centre lane. The only flaw with that project. Should have had Bishop traffic go two lanes over the bridge. with the Scurfield turning lane having to merge. Then a left lane exit, like it is, to get to Kenaston!

Sweet video by the way!

Old Posted Oct 19, 2014, 6:54 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
At 6:00, when you make the lane change from the centre lane to right lane at the new Bishop fly-over exit on Kenaston. Thank you!!! Most people line up for blocks in that lane. Then don't change over, like the red grand am. So me being in the far left lane has to squeeze in between cars who refuse to change lanes. Basically making the exit 1 lane from Bishop and then one lane for the cars turning south off Scurfield. Everybody in the centre lane move right. People in the left lane can then move to the centre lane. The only flaw with that project. Should have had Bishop traffic go two lanes over the bridge. with the Scurfield turning lane having to merge. Then a left lane exit, like it is, to get to Kenaston!

Sweet video by the way!
Thanks.

I think to address that problem is to add a third lane starting from McGillvray and connect it all the way to Scurfield. If that is in the works, we may see it in the future.

This new flyover will take time. Whenever I continue on through Kenaston into Waverley West, I see cars in front of me doing an illegal U-Turn, because they didn't pay attention to the signs at all.

I have video evidence of that too, but that will be for next time.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Last edited by The Jabroni; Oct 19, 2014 at 6:56 PM. Reason: Addendum

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 4:44 PM

Have you thought of putting a ND filter (neutral density) or a polarizer lens on the front of that camera to gut down on glare from lights and sun spots?

Thanks for the ride around Winnipeg.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 10:51 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittle1 View Post
Have you thought of putting a ND filter (neutral density) or a polarizer lens on the front of that camera to gut down on glare from lights and sun spots?

Thanks for the ride around Winnipeg.
You're welcome!

I'm still new to this camera, but I'm doing some more research as time goes on.

When I fired it up for the first time, I was still learning on what was going on, and I didn't have what's called Spot Metering enabled, which adjusts for brightness when filming from inside, with the camera pointing outside.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2014, 5:43 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

the garick has bring ur own vynal nights interesting
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/art...ce=d-more-news

Old Posted Oct 26, 2014, 6:33 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

has anyone here herd of the E gang (talking 80"s)

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 6:20 PM

Who does this guy think he is?! People need to pay their bills. So let's go work for free. Then go work at a real job to pay the bills?

Personally, I would never fucking ever work for free. Sheer stupidity. I've volunteered before. But that's for non-profit's, community centre, things like that. Work for some corporation, for free?!? Sorry. I can never understand those fashion magazine type places you see in the movies. Sure it's the movies. But going to work for free, some asshole boss demeaning you. Are you kidding me?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...urce=d-tiles-1

Top banker tells jobless youth to work for free
By: Aidan Geary
Posted: 11/6/2014 1:00 AM | Comments: 40 | Last Modified: 6:38 AM

SOME Winnipeg teens aren't impressed with recommendations from Canada's top banker that jobless university graduates beef up their resumés by working for free.

Speaking to a House of Commons committee Tuesday, Stephen Poloz, governor of the Bank of Canada, suggested young Canadians and others struggling to find work should acquire more experience through unpaid internships or volunteering until the country's hobbled job market picks up. He predicted it would improve during the next two years.

Poloz told the committee that when a young person asks for advice on getting through the tough times, he says, "Volunteer to do something which is at least somewhere related to your expertise so that it's clear that you are gaining some learning experience during that period."

The central banker made the remarks a day after he told a business audience that 200,000 young Canadians are out of work, underemployed or back in school trying to improve their job prospects. He is under fire for his comments.

Advocates for young workers in Canada aren't buying it, and neither are Winnipeg teens, who were at the Free Press as part of Take Our Kids to Work Day, a national program that gives high school students exposure to the workplace.

"I don't think I would want to do that, personally," said Josh Samyn, 14. "Because you know, you've got to make loans to get you through college and then you're not even working for money. You want to start a life and get a job, get a house and stuff." Samyn goes to Charleswood Junior High in Winnipeg and said he is considering studying the sciences once he starts university.

Some of his fellow Grade 9 students agreed.

"I think all labourers should be paid," said Anh Tuan Nguyen, 15, also from Charleswood Junior High. He said he wants to study animation or graphic design.
Statistics Canada's latest job numbers said the unemployment rate for people aged 15 to 24 was 13.5 per cent in September, almost double the country's overall jobless rate of 6.8 per cent for the same month.

If unpaid internships are the only way to gain experience, Jon Sneesby, 14, also a student at Charleswood, said he would "consider it," but thinks interns should at least get paid minimum wage.

"Work is work, so you're going to get the experience pay or no pay," he said.
The controversial issue of unpaid internships has been under scrutiny since Andrew Ferguson, a student in Alberta who was interning at a radio station, died in 2011 while driving home after a 16-hour day.

Earlier this year, the Ontario government cracked down on the practice at several Toronto magazines, prompting the publications to stop offering unpaid internships. Last summer, an NDP MP tabled a private member's bill aimed at protecting those who agree to work for free.

A report released in June by the same parliamentary committee recommended Ottawa work with provinces and territories to ensure unpaid interns are protected under labour laws.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 2:24 PM

Bernie Wolfe dies at 91, N0v. 6th, 2014.

Bernie Wolfe, former deputy mayor and longtime councillor, dies at 91

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...ce=d-more-news

Last edited by alittle1; Nov 7, 2014 at 5:14 PM.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 2:33 PM

According to the 2010 Free Press article, Wolfe asked then-premier Duff Roblin to implement a one per cent sales tax to help fund city operations. Wolfe said Roblin agreed, but kept the money for the province.

Wolfe was critical of over-reliance on property taxes.

"The size of a person’s roof doesn’t reflect ability to pay," Wolfe told the Free Press, explaining property taxes are regressive and antiquated. Property taxes should pay for services to property, such as garbage collection, sewer and water, and fire and police protection. But services to people, such as parks and recreation, community clubs, transit and regional streets and freeways, should be funded through income taxes or some other method that reflects ability to pay, he said.

I knew that this was around here somewhere when the peeps were talking about taxes and other ways to pay for projects, so you will be happy to note the Great Bernie Wolfe had another view too.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 3:09 PM
arf

Mr. Wolfe was talking way too logically to be in politics.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan