HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Closed Thread

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 8:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown,man View Post
This isn't a current events thread...but how small is your bubble?

I have literally HUNDREDS of saved facebook/instagram new stories of liberals either using violence, being horrible, race hoax crimes etc etc.

I fully know that liberals could produce the same crap(different, but same...if ya get me) showing conservatives being horrible people. The difference? I know both have shitty people. You believe you "side" is better than the other. That's an issue.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 9:18 AM
Paradise Island

Why does it always come down to arguing about politics? Most of this stuff has nothing to do with left vs right.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 11:18 AM

I don't know.
Obadno wanted this and spelled out why.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown,man View Post
Extremely desirable for those who can afford it...which is becoming fewer people every year it seems.
Well, yeah. That's a function of success. I'm not aware of any successful, high-wage area with declining housing costs.

If you want an area where an increasing share of people can afford housing, move to Mississippi and West Virginia. There are villages in Eastern and Southern Europe where homes are essentially free. If you can telcommute from anywhere, might make sense.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigs View Post
What a totally normal, not-psycho thing to do!

Your comment totally belongs in "City Discussions!"
Yeah, its psycho to save articles lol

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Well, yeah. That's a function of success. I'm not aware of any successful, high-wage area with declining housing costs.

If you want an area where an increasing share of people can afford housing, move to Mississippi and West Virginia. There are villages in Eastern and Southern Europe where homes are essentially free. If you can telcommute from anywhere, might make sense.
That's actually something me and my girlfriend have talked about(not Europe) but moving somewhere super cheap and working from home. However, for the working poor, this will never ever be an option.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA21st View Post
I don't know.
Obadno wanted this and spelled out why.
You are an antagonistic liar.

I never did such thing, California is a mismanaged state that is losing people by the hundreds of thousands.

This is an actual fact, you refuse to accept this fact because you are either dumb or insane.

Im done arguing with you about water being wet and the sky being blue.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 3:58 PM

From Obadno---

"California is artificially expensive, high tax, poorly run. Its over-crowded, polluted and prone to natural disasters. It has more people domestically leaving it annually every year than it gains domestically. The Economy of California is beginning to look more like Latin America with a super wealthy elite class but the vast majority being desperately poor.

You can float your opinion all you want but the facts are there and many thousands of people are actively leaving California and the stories of its poorly run debilitating state are everywhere.

This isnt even a debate its just you denying reality.

Once again, I am not saying this because its elating, I like California. Maybe it needs to run head-long into the grinder like Detroit before they can fix themselves idk, one thing is for sure which is this state of affairs can go on a very very long time because California is so wealthy and has so many people."

To clarify, I was responding to the other comment why does it always come down to poltitics.
I meant you wanted a poltical discussion, which you explained why you did earlier. Not that you wanted Calfiornia to have earthquatkes and fires.

You were the first person to bring in politics.

You were the antagonist the entire time because you wanted us to bend to your dumb poltiical agenda.

Give me a break.

Last edited by LA21st; Nov 5, 2019 at 4:19 PM.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Politics is pretty much the reason California is in its current state of affairs.

And it doesn't mean you have to be right wing to see the failures of a uni-party state that supports insane pension obligations and wastes money left and right while overspending and taxing the population to a practically malicious degree.

California regularly enacts policies that are just downright sadistic to small business owners.
"I never did such a thing".

Last edited by LA21st; Nov 5, 2019 at 4:19 PM.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
You are an antagonistic liar.

I never did such thing, California is a mismanaged state that is losing people by the hundreds of thousands.

This is an actual fact, you refuse to accept this fact because you are either dumb or insane.
These aren't "facts", they're highly misleading political talking points.

Every state has outflow. Huge states have huge outflow. Huge, expensive states with tons of immigration have the biggest outflow of all. Naturally CA has tons of outflow. It would be bizarre, and unprecedented, if it didn't have massive outflow.

The fact is that CA is growing, quickly. It usually has the #2 or #3 net population gain of all states. It's growing due to massive inmigration, usually from abroad, which pushes some less skilled or price-averse non-immigrants elsewhere. I'm not clear why this is a problem.

Also, on what basis is CA "mismanaged"? It has a massive surplus. It has an average credit rating. It has the world's best public higher education system. It has spectacular, free open land, including a totally free and clear oceanfront, open to all. On what basis do you conclude it isn't managed as well as, say Oklahoma or Kentucky?

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 4:06 PM

I always found it hilarious they laugh at California, but fail to see gazillons of issues in their own backyard.
Oh well.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 4:26 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
Why does it always come down to arguing about politics? Most of this stuff has nothing to do with left vs right.
i don't understand how/why people respond various things, jumping into the same sticky ball pit.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 4:28 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
I always found it hilarious they laugh at California, but fail to see gazillons of issues in their own backyard.
Oh well.
Shouldn't you be out raking a forest or something?

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 4:45 PM

Probably.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 5:59 PM

Quote:
"I never did such a thing".

Pointing out the bad politics in California means I have a political agenda? You dont even know what I personally support or not you can think policy is bad in the way its done even if you might generally agree with most of it.

You are sophomoric in the way you argue and interpret information.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 6:11 PM

Everyone else saw the same thing I did. You turned it into a poltical discussion as soon as you could and then repeated the same thing over and over again.

YOU brought up the poltics. It's in the first few pages.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 6:17 PM
devout Pizzatarian

enough of this idiotic back and forth.

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions