HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Closed Thread

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
It's both about tribalism and not wanting to live in crime filled areas which are obviously populated by certain demographics, and yes, you sound like a radical leftist.
I'm pretty sure that the initial AA populations replacing the white populations generally weren't poorer or less upwardly mobile. They were paying inflated prices to get their kids into better neighborhoods and schools. So your implication that whites were fleeing ghetto pathologies isn't supported by the historical narrative.

That said, there were very good reasons to move. In most cases, property values would eventually fall off a cliff, and then the ghetto pathologies would find an opening.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liat91 View Post
It’s obvious that your string of posts are a bit more than just pointing out innate human behavior. You repeatedly state that it’s “understandable” followed up by skewed statistics to validate your point. Your not fooling anyone.

You sugarcoat just like a liberal. I suppose an attractive female walking around in a mini skirt has a higher chance of being raped, so blame her for provoking the act. You can spin anything, but what you can’t do is seriously believe people will buy it.

I live in a conservative town with a lot of people like you and have not been afraid to strike down similar mantra, along with others who have grown spines. Same people live here, but the town now has a democratic mayor and 50/50 council. Wasn’t easy as many are A types and upper middle class, but the deed is done.
Yes, human nature is natural. Doesn't mean it's pretty, but its true.

White people who are sane won't move to an inner-city black neighborhood 98% of the time. This isn't some racist NAZI idea, it's widely practiced by everyone. Hell, most black people don't want to be in those neighborhoods anymore.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 11:52 AM

Quote:
You heard it folks, not believing in yet another reason to disparage blacks is radical leftism. Or are we just talking about “high crime areas”. Leaving 40+ million out of the conversation. Wait, I think the mention of tribalism and comfort around your own kind has been conveniently forgotten.

Understandable people wouldn’t want to live in high crime areas? I thought this was about tribalism. There are millions of “white” people or tribe or however you see it, that have no problem living around non whites and vice versa. Your on the wrong side of history buddy, this country will be majority minority in our lifetimes.

Once the USA is no longer majority white, that will be the end of white control of a superpower, which will in effect, trickle down across the planet. China’s just salivating for this eventuality. Africa will be a third of the world within this century, coupled with India, black and brown (not even counting Muslims and newly browned USA) will dominate the planet.

In that reality, high crime areas, tribes, black people, rap music are hilarious tropes to be laughed at. That road is set and if you think people will forget tribe talking, “high crime” area phobic (cough, don’t like black neighborhoods, cough) will be remembered.

Not being afraid to offend and asking for forgiveness later is a luxury that has maybe a decade left at most. Enjoy it.
Do you ever argue without creating massive strawmen?

Also, that last point basically reads as: wait until whites are the minority, yall gonna be fucked! LoL!!

Ugh, people like you blow me away. "Why are whites SOOO worried about becoming a minority?!" Well, maybe saying we have a decade left before our speech is going to be limited is a good start lol

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown,man View Post

White people who are sane won't move to an inner-city black neighborhood 98% of the time. This isn't some racist NAZI idea, it's widely practiced by everyone. Hell, most black people don't want to be in those neighborhoods anymore.
That isn't really true, though. Inner-city black neighborhoods, all over the U.S. are growing whiter. In a prosperous metro, it's probably rare to find a centrally located black neighborhood that isn't growing whiter.

In contrast, middle class, low crime suburban black neighborhoods are generally growing blacker. White people move to SE/NE DC (pretty much borderline ghetto) they don't move to Lake Arbor or Fort Washington (suburban DC 95% black upper class neighborhoods).

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 11:58 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:

Once the USA is no longer majority white, that will be the end of white control of a superpower, which will in effect, trickle down across the planet. China’s just salivating for this eventuality. .
I highly doubt China cares which group, if any, controls the U.S. demographically.

They are about the state entity and what it represents and the power behind it. The skin colour of its defenders doesn't matter much if they have the same philosophy and goals.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 1:39 PM

IMHO the idea that the U.S. will ever achieve lasting residential integration on the neighborhood level is pretty naive. Or at least, it's naive the way it's typically been presented - which is some idealized system in media where there are lots of visibly black people, they live interspersed with white people, and no one remarks upon it ever.

I say this because throughout human history minority groups have only remained distinct if there was some sort of segregation, whether socio-cultural or geographic. Whenever you have a situation where there isn't active discrimination/segregation, the minority group ceases to exist within a few generations, because they just intermarry with the dominant group and largely vanish.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
That's a very good point.

One of the reasons why white flight was so dramatic and quick was due to the Great Migration being as well. If blacks moving to northern cities would have happened over a longer span then whites may have not fled just as quickly. The whites saw this "onslaught" of blacks into their cities as nothing short of an invasion as if a plague was descending upon their city so they packed up their bags and fled. For many white urbanites they really did believe they were running for their lives.

This caused once very prosperous and growing cities turn into very poor and shrinking ones in a remarkably short amount of time, Detroit being the poster child. This also resulted in those once powerful dominant cities becoming political impotent and hence not getting the attention of their state and federal politicians and the money they control.
The mass exodus of whites didn't start happening until the federal government made it possible with everything that went into the creation of American postwar suburbia (racist mortgage lending practices, urban renewal, highway construction, etc.) and when landmark civil rights legislation allowed Blacks to become truly free and full participants in American life in all of its facets (on paper anyway)--a major pull factor followed by a huge push factor.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 9:33 PM
Selfie-stick vendor

imagine its 1955. you're a black detroit factory worker moving to a new single family home. thanks to racism, malign incentives, and white flight, your house declines in value 80% over the next 10 years vs what you paid, for no fault of your own. If you were white, your house would still be worth what you paid, at least.

this is one category where I agree that some form of reparations to black people are needed.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 9:50 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_denizen View Post
imagine its 1955. you're a black detroit factory worker moving to a new single family home. thanks to racism, malign incentives, and white flight, your house declines in value 80% over the next 10 years vs what you paid, for no fault of your own. If you were white, your house would still be worth what you paid, at least.

this is one category where I agree that some form of reparations to black people are needed.
That analysis is not quite it.

If you had been a white homeowner in a neighbourhood touched by flight but chose to ride it out, you'd have lost 80% of your value, and if you'd been a black homeowner who got into a neighbourhood with no decline/white flight, your home would have retained its value.

Assuming of course that either of the scenarios I depicted was common. (I realize they weren't.)

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 10:44 PM
Selfie-stick vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
That analysis is not quite it.

If you had been a white homeowner in a neighbourhood touched by flight but chose to ride it out, you'd have lost 80% of your value, and if you'd been a black homeowner who got into a neighbourhood with no decline/white flight, your home would have retained its value.

Assuming of course that either of the scenarios I depicted was common. (I realize they weren't.)
I'm saying over the course of 10 years.

lower demand - lower price.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 4:38 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Political bickering cleared out.

Take that shit to the politics toilet.

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions