HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Feb 15, 2023, 8:57 PM

That last rendering of three towers is the 10401 Burnet project that has 1,100 planned units for a relatively small piece of land. Now we see how they can build that many units.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2023, 9:03 PM
Resident Moron

It would be extremely short-sighted to me to not include ground floor. Even without gamedays there is going to be a lot of residential in the area + game days where 22K people are there feels like a place in obvious need of sports bars/places to go before and after games.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
'They' is Precourt, Ironwood and Karlin. Scot Kreiger worked with Precourt from the beginning to acquire the properties so they could extend Bright Verde Way through, but they had intentions to develop the property from the beginning. They brought in Karlin, who they worked with at Parmer Pond to do the actual on the ground development work. I think Scot's comment that Precourt is not involved at all needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Scot has been fronting from the start to reduce political friction of Precourt's name at City Hall. By now, Precourt has built a pretty good local reputation, but he still has at least one detractor at City Hall who is a smart enough politician to play nice, but with a barely concealed sneer. I think she would love to see Precourt fail or develop the kind of reputation he had in Columbus so she could say "I told you so!"
I'll sing "7-4, 7-4" with the best of them, but Pool/Alter have basically shifted to trying to take credit for the success of what they fought against. The Verde Square rezoning passed 11-0 on consent with no controversy.

You can believe what you want, but "Precourt is in charge of Verde square, but he has to pretend not to be because of politics" seems to be a bit of a conspiracy theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
I mean, the retail building is actually branded with an Austin FC logo. Would a totally unaffiliated project be able to do that? Not to mention that the hotel has holes punched through it to visually and literally connect Verde Square Plaza to Q2 Stadium. And the plaza appears to include a videotron for watch parties. Unlike Arena Tower and other adjacent developments, this project was designed from day one to be an enhancement to the Q2 game day experience.
Sure, you can put whatever you want to put on the side of the building on those drawings. It's meaningless.

Yes, unlike Arena tower because that one was designed before the stadium. If they end up going back and redoing the design and adding height, I wouldn't be surprised if they add more alignment to the stadium. Because it's a smart business decision.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
This appears to be a separate project where Lighting Inc is currently. You can see placeholder buildings for Verde Square behind it.

https://www.vitaecapitalinvestments.com/arena/

Flyover of the site at 2:38

https://vimeo.com/790812417

Unfortunately, the developer, Narrow Road, is not in a rush. They do have plans to start the permitting process anytime soon. They are waiting to spend more money on site design until there's more clarity on the economic outlook. It's likely a larger developer will come in at some point and partner with them on this project.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 3:22 AM
Meh

The sunset tonight was beautiful. We had to run an errand at Barton Creek Mall this afternoon and were on the upperdeck/main lanes of Ben White, and man that is an impressive view. Besides downtown, you could see the Domain skyline off in the distance. I should have snapped a few photos with my phone, but I couldn't stop staring at the view kinda like the dummy in my avatar over there. lol

Old Posted Feb 26, 2023, 6:46 PM

Verde Square

More renderings at the link

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1043...n-TX/25579125/

Old Posted Feb 26, 2023, 7:27 PM
クラブトクヨ

Oh that looks nice! The verde slide is interesting. I hope they have public restrooms. Realized last night arriving early at the breweries and then walking over that the gas station does not allow. The brewery had a restroom but super long line. More sidewalk/trails and public restrooms would be helpful.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2023, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Verde Square

An excellent unintended benefit of these towers is that it will cause an earlier 'sunset' for much of the stadium. It will really cool down temps for those summer afternoon/evening games.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2023, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Verde Square

I really like that design.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 2:41 PM

BULD IT BUILD IT BUILD IT! That can apply to almost everything proposed in uptown thus far.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Verde Square

So the interesting thing about these renderings is that they do not match the approved site plan. The approved plan has the 3 story retail building along Bright Verde Way, and the 10 story hotel building along the rail easement. The renderings show the opposite. And, unfortunately, there is no room for a Verde Slide in the approved plan because the hotel extends past that point. But there is a pretty cool 3 story terrace on the corner, with the hotel rooms bridging above. The approved plan is consistent with the first elevations we saw, so my guess is that the renderings were done prior to the switch in location and they have not yet been updated for marketing, so the office leasing brochure is using old out of date renderings. The office building itself appears the same, so I guess that is their greatest concern.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 1:59 PM

I also just realized, is 50% of everything parking?

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahealy View Post
I also just realized, is 50% of everything parking?
It does seem that way. I imagine they'll open it up / charge on game days as an extra revenue source. I can see a lot of people wanting to park closer to the stadium.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytoony View Post
It does seem that way. I imagine they'll open it up / charge on game days as an extra revenue source. I can see a lot of people wanting to park closer to the stadium.
Great for gameday, but horrible for design. They almost got me with the redner. I can just imagine it'll look slightly worse irl if built.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahealy View Post
Great for gameday, but horrible for design. They almost got me with the redner. I can just imagine it'll look slightly worse irl if built.
I like it better than most parking garages but that doesn't say much At least it's got a similar design to the rest of the building.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 7:58 PM
Resident Moron

I like that they replaced the 4 over 1 apartment building with a render of an out of frame glass tower and reflecting pool and the Sunoco station is now a small forrest.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 8:42 PM

Notice how they conveniently hide the parking garage behind the building in the second picture. First picture it's blaringly obvious there is no screening whatsoever.

What happened to properly screening parking garages in this town?

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoOgE View Post
I like that they replaced the 4 over 1 apartment building with a render of an out of frame glass tower and reflecting pool and the Sunoco station is now a small forrest.

I'm pretty sure the glass tower on the right edge is supposed to be Arena Tower/Stadium Tower. The Sunoco and Copeland (4+1) would be over and behind the right shoulder of someone facing Verde Square from this vantage point.

The other nearby 4+1, Windsor on Burnet, does look like it's been replaced on the left side of the image with low-rise office.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsnail View Post

I'm pretty sure the glass tower on the right edge is supposed to be Arena Tower/Stadium Tower. The Sunoco and Copeland (4+1) would be over and behind the right shoulder of someone facing Verde Square from this vantage point.

The other nearby 4+1, Windsor on Burnet, does look like it's been replaced on the left side of the image with low-rise office.
Wouldnt Arena Tower be on the other side as pictured a few posts above?

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 11:02 PM

That's essentially the correct location for Arena tower. The 3-tower proposal would be to the left (south) of these towers as depicted in the rendering.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin