HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 7, 2019, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouncilInsider View Post
It has been dead silent on the Choco-River Station sale. I attend council meetings often but this issue is "above top secret" I suspect. Why? They're going to sell it for pennies on the dollar and this would look very bad with a municipal election coming next spring. Remember that this Council sold the POSITIVE CASHFLOW-GENERATING RCMP station to a Moncton "pal" this year too. Does anyone know how much they sunk into the CRS? I heard well over $3 million but can't seem to find the figures.
That's a good point. Will Cordova be able to low ball the town on the purchase price? The CRS is a white elephant costing the town $$. They could be making $500,000 in property taxes.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2019, 1:24 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
That's a good point. Will Cordova be able to low ball the town on the purchase price? The CRS is a white elephant costing the town $$. They could be making $500,000 in property taxes.
And if Cordova gets a low ball buying price on the Chocolate River Station, is that really a bad thing since CRS is a financial albatross around the neck of town council.

If the town sells CRS on the cheap, I'm sure it will be made conditional on Cordova moving quickly on their construction project.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2019, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
And if Cordova gets a low ball buying price on the Chocolate River Station, is that really a bad thing since CRS is a financial albatross around the neck of town council.

If the town sells CRS on the cheap, I'm sure it will be made conditional on Cordova moving quickly on their construction project.
Yes I agree with you. It would be a major development for the town. A big source of revenue, while eliminating the cost and responsibility of running the Ch River Station. I wonder where things stand on this project. So much goes on behind closed doors.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 7:18 PM

Interesting presentation from the recent Town Council meeting regarding the Chocolate River Station.

https://townofriverview-pub.escribem...cumentId=12710

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 12:14 AM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Interesting presentation from the recent Town Council meeting regarding the Chocolate River Station.

https://townofriverview-pub.escribem...cumentId=12710
It sounds like they are setting the stage for an announcement. Why else rehash the history?

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
It sounds like they are setting the stage for an announcement. Why else rehash the history?

This project is important to the town. They have an opportunity to get rid of a white elephant and replace it with a development that will generate approx. $500,000 in property taxes. I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing we hear is that Riverview has sold the Chocolate River Station.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 12:11 PM

After reading that report, it seems even the town realizes this new development is a no-brainer.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 12:55 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrhardt View Post
After reading that report, it seems even the town realizes this new development is a no-brainer.
If by town you mean council, then yeah. If by town you mean residents, there's a lot of work still to be done there.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 3:38 PM

Quote:
If by town you mean council, then yeah. If by town you mean residents, there's a lot of work still to be done there.
Yep. Some support it, some don't. I think it'll get done eventually though.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 4:09 PM

Quote:
I meant council.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 4:37 PM

From a story in April:

"Cordova also has to conduct further geotechnical and environmental studies."

I drive by the property often and always make sure to look and see if there is any equipment or any activity going on. So far nothing. I guess they would first have to purchase the station before doing anything else.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 1:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This development proposed for the Chocolate River Station site now has a name:

Cordova has announced that this development is to be named The Current.

- twin 10 storey towers
- 150 residential units
- ground level commercial and mixed use space
- underground parking
- cost of the project estimated to be $32 million
- annual property taxes will be $500,000

Meanwhile, the town continues to struggle to find long term tenants for the Chocolate River Station, and has lost over $350,000 on the building over the last nine years. Town council obviously wants to be rid of Chocolate River Station and to sell the land to Cordova. This is a no brainer really.......

Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 2:50 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
... This is a no brainer really.......
Good discussion happening now on Facebook. Sounds like most residents are okay with the project.

https://www.facebook.com/20351886067...&theater&ifg=1

Old Posted Oct 6, 2019, 5:34 PM

Driving on Coverdale Road a few days ago I couldn't help but notice how nice the Grass Home is. They've done a very good job with it. It's a big improvement over the overgrown vacant lot that was there before.

The land that they cleared on the corner of Gunningsville & Pinewood however, remains idle. It's surprising that they haven't started construction on the Kensington Apartments project. Especially since both buildings are already fully pre-leased.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 9:32 AM

This project is now delayed to the spring.

Quote:
Driving on Coverdale Road a few days ago I couldn't help but notice how nice the Grass Home is. They've done a very good job with it. It's a big improvement over the overgrown vacant lot that was there before.

The land that they cleared on the corner of Gunningsville & Pinewood however, remains idle. It's surprising that they haven't started construction on the Kensington Apartments project. Especially since both buildings are already fully pre-leased.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
This project is now delayed to the spring.
Too bad they couldn't have at least started it this year. I'm sure they have their reasons for delaying it until the spring.
Meanwhile the rest of the Fairways development is progressing. Driving through Pinewood this morning I see a new foundation has been poured on a corner lot.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 3:16 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

According to the T&T, it sounds like the town of Riverview plans to fast track Bridgedale Blvd and will construct the new roadway next year (2020).

The reason for the rush is that they want to ensure another cross town route is available to decrease traffic congestion on Coverdale Road when the Riverview Causeway is shut down for six months in 2021 in order to complete work on the replacement bridge where the causeway currently sits.

It is estimated that traffic at the Gunningsville Blvd/Coverdale Road intersection will increase by 27,000 cars per day during the six month causeway closure, so any traffic diversion at all would help during this period of chaos.

Bridgedale Blvd will measure 1.4 km and will cost $8M to build. They will construct a new roundabout at the future intersection of Bridgedale and Gunningsville Blvd.

The light red line that I have added in to the above shows what the town of Riverview wants to build next year

Last edited by MonctonRad; Nov 21, 2019 at 3:33 PM.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 8:07 PM

^^^ am I reading that map right that it will go right across the road that goes to Mill Creek Park?

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 8:15 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo1 View Post
^^^ am I reading that map right that it will go right across the road that goes to Mill Creek Park?
I imagine there will be an intersection there.

Bridgedale Blvd will be the main point of access to Mill Creek Park in the future. In addition, the town of Riverview is planning on constructing a new multisport complex on Bridgedale as early as 2022.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 8:24 PM

Quote:
I imagine there will be an intersection there.

Bridgedale Blvd will be the main point of access to Mill Creek Park in the future. In addition, the town of Riverview is planning on constructing a new multisport complex on Bridgedale as early as 2022.
I just hope they can keep Mill Creek as raw & natural as possible, it's a beautiful place that needs to be protected...like Dobson it's definitely a boon to the town having these natural spaces.

Mill Creek could be like a 'central park' for the Riverview of the future.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces