HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 30, 2012, 10:00 PM
Editor

Brookfield Place Calgary | 247M - 56F | Construction

Bigtime, Bokimon and I Had a look at the renderings for 225 - 6th ave today. I agree with what others have said...it's improved over the other design, especially at street level. The winter garden type space in between the buildings 'Brookfield Place' looks great. Wooster summed it up best...... WFC atrium meets NYC Apple store. The plaza on the corner of the block 7th ave/1st Street looks nicer than before, and also will be used as a skating rink in the winter

The description of the glazing being a cross between EAP and Centennial (West side) is pretty accurate. Picture EAP glazing, but no protruding mullions, and instead a smooth surface. The corners of the building start off sharp on the lowest floor and as you go higher the corners get progressively curved. By the time you hit the top of the building, the corners look very much like HSBC in London. Between the corners and the glazing.......this building looks like a cross between Comcast (Philly) and HSBC (London).

What struck me most was the gallery area between the buildings, and the street level design. It's a huge improvement over the previous design. The tower looks similar, but is also an improvement IMO.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates