HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 6:39 PM

I have to admit this building is looking like it's going to be much nicer than I was expecting based on the initial renderings. The finishes look top-notch to me in the photos, though I haven't seen it up close in person yet.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 7:02 PM

Some pics that give you a sense of the view from the river facing units:

https://twitter.com/Chris_Guerette/s...95889114652672

Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Some pics that give you a sense of the view from the river facing units:

I think that could/should be rephrased as "Some pics that give you a sense of the best news views in Saskatoon:"

The views from that wrap around deck are going to be pretty phenomenal.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 3:53 AM

Check out the sweet curved glass on the balconies.. Lower left and middle right. Apologies for the poor photo quality.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 6:53 PM

Walked by the other day with family from Calgary....they commented on the extreme lack of privacy because of floor to ceiling windows. I said that was to maximize the great river valley and downtown views...but they didn't buy it (literally). They said they would have their blinds down all the time.

Can't win for trying, I guess

Old Posted Aug 25, 2020, 4:05 PM

August 24. Trailers removed from in front of the building and sidewalks, curbs etc. have been installed. In front there what appear to be lots of big black planters. If you look closely I think there is balcony glass on some balconies but its very unobtrusive.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2020, 4:39 PM

Old Posted Aug 25, 2020, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Wow, this ended up being much more beautiful than expected! Certainly a massive benefit to the inner city

Old Posted Aug 25, 2020, 9:36 PM

I agree! It's nice that it is not a rectangular box with the same suite layouts repeated floor by floor. Good job!

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 8:04 PM

Sept. 4

There are a ton of little wires sticking out of the wall over the entrance. I think its going to have a sweet backlit sign.

Also I can see a third floor unit is now furnished. I am anxious to go have a look. I'm sure it won't be long now.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2020, 2:14 PM

Anyone else notice how yellow the leaves on the trees are already!!! Crap....the switch from summer to Fall happened pretty fast this year!

Building looks great.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2020, 4:27 PM

I was just checking the website for Escala and when they use to show available and sold units for each floor. Looks like they are now only showing available units and they have definitely sold quite a few more units in the past 3 months or so. Only one penthouse on each of 6th and 7th floor and then no more then 3 units or less available on all remaining floors.

That is great to see....hopefully Urban Capital takes notice for the Highpointe!

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
I was just checking the website for Escala and when they use to show available and sold units for each floor. Looks like they are now only showing available units and they have definitely sold quite a few more units in the past 3 months or so. Only one penthouse on each of 6th and 7th floor and then no more then 3 units or less available on all remaining floors.

That is great to see....hopefully Urban Capital takes notice for the Highpointe!
Well that's the positive spin. The reality is that in September 2019 they had 28 sold. In April 2020 they had 30 sold. Now in October 2020 they have 31 sold. So they've sold one unit in the last six months and 3 in the last year.

I'm not trying to be negative and I wish there was more demand. Unfortunately I think they've priced themselves above the Saskatoon market - same as Highpoint.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 2:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck10 View Post
Well that's the positive spin. The reality is that in September 2019 they had 28 sold. In April 2020 they had 30 sold. Now in October 2020 they have 31 sold. So they've sold one unit in the last six months and 3 in the last year.

I'm not trying to be negative and I wish there was more demand. Unfortunately I think they've priced themselves above the Saskatoon market - same as Highpoint.
Yeah 3 in the last year is pretty disappointing. But as I recall, the last time I looked at their website, all the river facing units had been sold. The remaining units just have a street view (or a peek at the river in the case of the top floors).

So it seems that price was not an issue for the river facing units (I have no idea what the prices are like, or the differential between the river views and the street view units, but they are obviously asking too much for the street view units)

I walk by there just about every day and I have to say it looks really, really top notch. I can see that there are at least 2 staged units. I wonder if people will be able to check them out in person soon (pandemic etc.). Maybe there will be some movement if people get a chance to actually see them.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 3:57 PM

Not sure this is going to work, but here is a link to a listing at Escala. Shows interior staged "townhouse" unit (2 floor units on street level).

https://www.point2homes.com/CA/Condo.../96866391.html

This is the other staged unit.

https://www.point2homes.com/CA/Condo.../95886307.html

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post
I wonder if people will be able to check them out in person soon (pandemic etc.). Maybe there will be some movement if people get a chance to actually see them.
They've been having Open Houses for the staged units for several weeks now. I was through a couple of them about a month ago. They limit the number inside so there can be a wait to get in but not a long one. People haven't been lining up to have a look.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 8:52 PM
Peddling to progress

Quote:
Not sure this is going to work, but here is a link to a listing at Escala. Shows interior staged "townhouse" unit (2 floor units on street level).

Wow, those look awesome.

I have to admit that I'm a little confused on the layout. I would have thought the entrance to the lobby would have been off University but is it around the side?

Would anyone else be uncomfortable leaving nice patio furniture out just a few steps from the sidewalk? I guess the building will have sufficient video monitoring but still...

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck10 View Post
They've been having Open Houses for the staged units for several weeks now. I was through a couple of them about a month ago. They limit the number inside so there can be a wait to get in but not a long one. People haven't been lining up to have a look.
Seriously? I would love to go but I've seen no indication of such. Not on site, not on the website....

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:

Thanks for posting those. The biggest thing that jumped out at me were the Condo Association Fees: $564/mo for the $673K 2 storey townhouse-style unit and $466/mo for the $771K unit on the 4th floor. I'm no longer a condo owner, but those seem steep and equate to $5,600 - $6,800 annually - not chump change.

Nice units, but in tough against similarly priced homes without those big monthly fees on top of a mortgage.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post
Seriously? I would love to go but I've seen no indication of such. Not on site, not on the website....
You have to watch the listings on the real estate sites like realtor.ca or points2home. The open houses are noted on the listings. I think they've had open houses most weekends recently but there's nothing for the coming weekend - maybe because it's thanksgiving.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan