HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 5:32 PM

Reg: Posters comment response # 1596 Retail Thread:

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_complex

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 5:42 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Good job hiding that over here. Coward.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Good job hiding that over here. Coward.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 12:31 AM
I am a typical

Not all opinions are of equal merit. They can't be. If that was so, we could just as easily receive valid medical advice from insane homeless people.

"It hurts when I pee! "
"I blame the Lizard People!!! Have you tried rubbing bleach on it?!?!"

Just, no.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 2:44 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Yo river man stop it seriously UR getting annoying 1 more and I will give u a time out.....

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 12:10 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Always picking on me Adrian, not the ones actually causing the trouble. What's wrong with you?

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 7:46 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Aww right...

Old Posted Apr 3, 2014, 2:07 AM
I am a typical

I have a coworker who acts like that. He comes into the back room bragging about how another co-worker fucked up and how he never fucks up. I caught him make a mistake while he was bragging about that and instantly freaks out and acts like everything bad is his fault and I'm victimizing him. (He called me a bully; he's the one who always gets in my face and calls me a cocksucker if I call him out on something.) He said I kicked him while he was down, by running a routine efficiency test on him which he failed while bragging about how great he was at his job. And this happens, like, every day.

He's a right-wing Christian, btw. I told him I don't believe in God and he acted like I just told him I fucked his mother. I had to get management involved in that dispute as well. The verdict? I'm not allowed to talk about politics, religion, economics, the state of policing in the world, hiring policies of the company, or any personnel scheduling around him. This is after overhauling personnel scheduling and lot coding to meet his personal whims. At this point I've pretty much stopped talking to him, which is difficult because I am him supervisor.

Anyway, I bring this up because he has a nasty habit of accusing me of "always picking on him, not the ones actually causing the trouble."

Old Posted Apr 3, 2014, 2:10 AM
I am a typical

I do pick on him a little bit though. Today he was reading about how to remain calm at work (a result of his daily hour-long calm-the-fuck-down talks with the boss) and after explaining to me the parts of the brain responsible for controlling mood and temper, I suggested that he work use meditation to "align his shaka-khans". He didn't notice that I said the wrong word, just instantly refuted it with something about the hypothalamus.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2014, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
I do pick on him a little bit though. Today he was reading about how to remain calm at work (a result of his daily hour-long calm-the-fuck-down talks with the boss) and after explaining to me the parts of the brain responsible for controlling mood and temper, I suggested that he work use meditation to "align his shaka-khans". He didn't notice that I said the wrong word, just instantly refuted it with something about the hypothalamus.
Perhaps he should move here:

Old Posted Apr 4, 2014, 12:43 AM
I am a typical

He needs a little bit more than just traffic calming.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 4:11 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 11:33 AM

River Heights on Cambridge St has one of the green traffic calming signs posted earlier, just before Academy Rd.
You have the sign 1st than apprx: 20 meters later a slow to yellow 30km sign with a good sized speed bump accompanying it.

This I assume meaning a traffic calmed neighborhood.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 3:33 PM

Remember the days when if you crossed the Hell's Angels they would break your knees or burn down your business. I guess now they just sue you for "emotional distress, insomnia, anxiety and depression". What is the world coming to?

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/news/H...352/story.html

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 4:43 PM

Just an FYI thing here:

The STC maintenance garage on Winnipeg Street in Regina is actually a former WWII aircraft hangar which was originally located in Mossbank, SK.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 4:45 PM
North End Troublemaker

I don't know if anyone here has heard of this group/project, I don't think it has gained very much traction, but I think a few people here might find it interesting...

http://www.piscataquisvillage.org/

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 4:45 PM

Manitoba near top in increase in alcohol sales

Booze sales in Manitoba increased at one of the fastest paces in the country in the fiscal year that ended on March 31 of last year, according to Statistics Canada figures released today.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/art...254744181.html

No surprise on this one.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Remember the days when if you crossed the Hell's Angels they would break your knees or burn down your business. I guess now they just sue you for "emotional distress, insomnia, anxiety and depression". What is the world coming to?

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/news/H...352/story.html
Not really surprised. I've had many work related dealings and encounters with gang members, associates of theirs and those involved in the"lifestyle" here in my own back yard.

The difference now is that the Angels have evolved into a world wide,highly organized "criminal organization". They're at a level above and beyond your local street gang.

They want the public to consider them as good outstanding citizens, normal contributing members of the community, while continuing all their criminal exploits, extortion, trafficking and much worse.

No sympathy from me on their dismissal from their place of employment, the right thing to do, but they have evolved to such a point that they will use the system when ever it suits them to do so.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2014, 6:39 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

first human in space bday is today. theres parties around the world for it the one here in winnipegs sold out. at the science gallery 3 blocks from home dances

anyhow
Video Link

Old Posted Apr 16, 2014, 7:01 PM
North End Troublemaker

I went for a walk to the D Condo site today at lunch and saw a few buildings I was wondering if anyone knew anything about. One was The Chalet Apartments (434 Assiniboine Ave.), and the other was called The Carriage House, and it was behind 23 Kennedy (it had a street address of 23 1/2 Kennedy).

Does anyone know anything about these? Apparently the Carriage House used to be a part of the Reid House (23 Kennedy), but I'm going to assume with its own street address, this is a fully subdivided unit?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan