HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Feb 5, 2020, 11:28 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_xavier View Post
I've met many of you but I'm now using my middle name IRL due to various death threats. Plus I had one of my company lawyer to put a complaint to the RCMP due to an isssue on another forum. People can really be fanatics.
Sometimes I wonder if you and Acajack know one another personally. Just out of curiosity.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 1:14 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
Sometimes I wonder if you and Acajack know one another personally. Just out of curiosity.
Not at all in fact. I have no idea who he is and (unless I am seriously mistaken) he doesn't know who I am.

Though we have a pretty good idea of where each other is "coming from" as we have a few things in common - most notably our lives have been spread over Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes. We're also both personally on the fence between French Canada and English Canada as a result of that.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 1:17 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Okay. I’ve been wondering if you guys would have come from the same village in N.B. Nothing disparaging.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 1:35 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Okay. I’ve been wondering if you guys would have come from the same village in N.B. Nothing disparaging.
No, I wouldn't think so. I am not from the same area as him (NW) and I don't know which town he is from exactly though I'd be able to guess a few places and probably come fairly close based on cues he's given.

My NB roots are from the other end of the province though I also know the NW having had friends and relatives from there.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 1:39 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
No, I wouldn't think so. I am not from the same area as him (NW) and I don't know which town he is from exactly though I'd be able to guess a few places and probably come fairly close based on cues he's given.

My NB roots are from the other end of the province though I also know the NW having had friends and relatives from there.
Ah so like, he’s from around Edmunston (only going city names here, lol) and you from around Campbellton, something like that?

Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 2:09 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Ah so like, he’s from around Edmunston (only going city names here, lol) and you from around Campbellton, something like that?
At the very least he appears to be from the Madawaska, which is the broader region in which Edmundston is located, sandwiched in between Maine and Quebec.

My NB family roots are more in the eastern coastal regions of the province. So not so much the north-central Campbellton area - though I also know that region a bit too.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 3:49 PM

p_xavier has been on my "I could easily find him if I bothered to" list ever since he gave us precise enough info about his Mtl condo.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
p_xavier has been on my "I could easily find him if I bothered to" list ever since he gave us precise enough info about his Mtl condo.
Yes, and it'll be for sale when the market begins to come down. I was keeping it in the hope of easier dating in Montréal. I haven't had even a date in years... If the HFR goes through I'll be selling my house and condo to build myself a new house in the country. I'm due for a reclusive lifestyle.

If the Newcastle subdivision is closed and the Ocean is rerouted through Edmundston (I still hope), I would keep my condo and build a house there. So all depends on VIA.

And no I don't know Acajack.

Last edited by p_xavier; Feb 6, 2020 at 5:37 PM.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
My NB family roots are more in the eastern coastal regions of the province. So not so much the north-central Campbellton area - though I also know that region a bit too.
I've probably run into some of your relatives. Heck, I might be one of them. My tree is entrenched deeply into Kent / Westmorland since about 1820. Much longer on the Arseneault side.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_xavier View Post
Yes, and it'll be for sale when the market begins to come down. I was keeping it in the hope of easier dating in Montréal. I haven't had even a date in years...
A good friend of mine lives in the Montreal area and has no good reason to (single, self-employed in something that can be done from anywhere), and since his friend pool is mostly still centered on Sherbrooke, we've been trying to get him to come back... he'd save money too...

His only argument is "dating options are much better in Montreal". (It's true, though.)

My counter-argument is "shop as though you're in Montreal, drive from Sherbrooke for dates, and if it ever becomes serious with anyone, then move back to Mtl".

When I met my gf she was living in Lévis, I was about an hour away. My previous gf was from Vermont, I was again an hour away. In all cases the idea would be that one of us would relocate and join the other, should it become serious.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2020, 12:18 AM
Road Engineer Wannabe

(edited)

Last edited by Dengler Avenue; May 18, 2020 at 3:52 AM. Reason: privacy

Old Posted Feb 11, 2020, 4:06 AM

Quote:
Now, I wonder if I’ve blown mine by posting pictures of my highway designs. Urban_Sky, if you sift through your recent followers on Twitter, you may be able to blow mine.
Seems like I’m not the only one who’s nick plays with his last name...

Old Posted Feb 11, 2020, 4:24 AM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Sky View Post
Seems like I’m not the only one who’s nick plays with his last name...

I was gonna say, “Urban_Sky follows me back on twitter! I’m so flattered!”
Tbh though my twitter space is pretty boring. I just follow OPP accounts to check road status (i.e. opened or closed). It’s pretty obvious which one I check the most.
I also pay close attention to Sgt Kerry Schmidt’s account (now just named OPP Highway Safety Division) because I wanna gather some data there to play with them.
Then there’s le_calmar who blew my cover even harder. I’m not gonna say how.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:

Then there’s le_calmar who blew my cover even harder. I’m not gonna say how.
You gave away enough information (this time and another time when you posted about Urban_Sky’s last name) that it literally took me 30 seconds to find you in his list of followers

Old Posted May 18, 2020, 2:44 AM
Road Engineer Wannabe

(edited)

Last edited by Dengler Avenue; May 18, 2020 at 3:52 AM. Reason: proper SSP etiquette

Old Posted May 18, 2020, 3:48 AM

I'm not sure it's good SSP etiquette to out him like that though. Might want to edit that out ASAP.

I knew his name already, because once he had a pic (or a graph, or something - it was probably data, if memory serves) that he wanted to post on the forum, and he linked to his photohosting account, which had his name on it and also his other pictures that were readily available to anyone clicking on his link (that's how I learned he was a fellow GM Fullsize Pickup owner - from his pic of a nice new regular cab short box black GMC Sierra )

Old Posted May 18, 2020, 3:53 AM
Road Engineer Wannabe

I found out his first name in one of the posts in AB & B.C. subsection.

Old Posted May 18, 2020, 3:55 AM

Quote:
I found out his first name
I'm considered by some on this forum to be a Vanriderfan Supporter. (I'd actually vote for him in a heartbeat over any actual politician.)

Old Posted May 18, 2020, 3:58 AM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Wow I never knew the long history between you two.

Old Posted May 18, 2020, 4:01 AM

In addition to the fact I currently own a GMC Sierra, I have also been a commissioned officer in the Canadian Armed Forces for a few years. So him and I share at least these two things.

I'll admit I don't care one bit about the Sask Roughriders, though.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada