HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 13, 2019, 4:57 PM

It’s called social assistance. Everyone is assessed case by case, so if you can make a case for something then you might get funding. Her case was allowed because it’s too hard to transport six kids around under the age of 12, You can’t just call a taxi. You need multiple child seats and everything. That’s why she was provided with a massive van. Really not hard to understand.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2019, 5:46 PM
Heart of the Continent

I've never heard of that, and I've been intimately involved with the system more than once.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2019, 6:09 PM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Just so you understand: eugenics (sterilization of non-desirable/non-productive groups of people) is literally one of the central tenets of Nazi ideology. You are literally advocating for something that is, by definition, racist.

PBS had a documentary on eugenics a few months ago. Quite interesting.

Video Link

Old Posted Jan 13, 2019, 6:11 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Just so you understand: eugenics (sterilization of non-desirable/non-productive groups of people) is literally one of the central tenets of Nazi ideology. You are literally advocating for something that is, by definition, racist.
Now that I come to think of it, I’ll take this as a sober reminder.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2019, 7:16 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave46 View Post
Sterilization is a bad thing. Full stop.
No it isn't. Is done every day. Want to know what a bad thing is? Unwanted children.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2019, 8:16 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
My cousin has six kids with six different men. She does not work. She has a five bedroom house provided for her, all her children’s medical, dental, eyecare, paid for. They provide her with a massive Hutterite van for transporting the kids. She just met a new man so number seven is guaranteed soon to be on the way, and why not, all she has to do is lay on her back and spread her legs and YAY! More money!! WHY ARE WE PAYING FOR THIS??? At what point can we say “you’ve had two kids and can’t even afford them. NO MORE.” At what point does it become a violation of the rights of taxpaying citizens? I worked with people with FASD. What a horrible disorder. People who suffer from it can become easily agitated, aggressive, and violent. Many of these people do not learn from correction and don’t have the cognitive ability to understand right and wrong. These people put excessive amounts of stress on all of our services from education to police to healthcare and housing, it’s a never ending battle. Knowing there are women out there who have had two or three children with FASD is mind boggling. Education is the key but there needs to be other options too. Court ordered birth control should not be viewed as racist. If you are not responsible enough to have kids you shouldn’t be having them. It’s that simple.
That's really quite sickening as the middle class are hammered with endless fees and rising taxes and with most middle class families now only having one child or none, the middle class pays a disproportionate amount in taxes to any other group while people like your cousin freeload!

Personally I think a sliding scale for child supports needs to be implemented after two kids, third kid you get less benefits than the first two, fourth kid less benefits than the third kid etc. If you can afford more than two kids fine than pay for them yourself, if you can't afford to raise kids don't have any!

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 1:19 AM

Last edited by OTA in Winnipeg; Jan 14, 2019 at 3:04 AM.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 1:25 AM
Road Engineer Wannabe

We're going way too far with this... I don't want this thread to be locked.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 2:17 AM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA in Winnipeg View Post
Fixed that for you.
Unwanted children. It is very common for those who do not want children, or those that have enough children to be sterilized. It's called being responsible.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 2:36 AM

Last edited by OTA in Winnipeg; Jan 14, 2019 at 3:04 AM.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 2:46 AM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Unwanted children. It is very common for those who do not want children, or those that have enough children to be sterilized. It's called being responsible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA in Winnipeg View Post
Genetically damaged parents, genetically damaged children who go on to have more genetically damaged children. If it's never discussed, it'll never be fixed.
This is starting to sound like purification of the Aryan race.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 3:02 AM

Never mind. If that\s what you think this conversation is pointless, I'm out.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 3:12 AM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t like it either when those who have done nothing dumb end up having to foot the bill for the other group, but systemic sterilization makes me feel like I’m in Nazi Germany.

But yea I do agree that this conversation isn’t and shouldn’t be going anywhere at this point. I can’t help but wonder whether reconciliation with the indigenous people is but a lost cause for the most part. (Wow you actually took the effort to take off all your comments.)

Ps: I stand by #1537.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 5:12 AM
Heart of the Continent

It's hard to reconcile though. I'm very open minded. I support most things that indigenous groups fight for. I still get called a colonist and a settler and told I have a colonial mentality because I recognize the reality that Canada and the Canadian legal system actually exist.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 11:59 AM

We will not have reconciliation until there is forgiveness. It just doesn’t work any other way. It’s like being in a fight with your girlfriend and she keeps bringing up that one time at band camp when you did that thing that pissed her off... well it was ten years ago and you’ve heard it and have been chastised for it enough. People can only put up with so much blame before they just don’t care anymore. Almost everyone I know has ancestors that have suffered some form of injustice at some point or another. My own grandfather was forced to flee the Ukraine after he saw his parents murdered by the Russians. He saw his parents executed. I cannot imagine that horror. Russia still denies the holodomor. Canada has acknowledged and apologized for its failures. We need forgiveness.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 4:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
This is starting to sound like purification of the Aryan race.
Where does Aryan race come into the argument, you've never heard of a vasectomy or hysterectomy? Some responsible people do voluntarily get these procedures done! Irresponsible people just keep having kids they can't afford or even want!

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 4:19 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
where does aryan race come into the argument, you've never heard of a vasectomy or tubal ligation?
fify.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 4:20 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Quote:
Where does Aryan race come into the argument, you've never heard of a vasectomy or hysterectomy? Some responsible people do voluntarily get these procedures done! Irresponsible people just keep having kids they can't afford or even want!
I've heard of the first one, not the second one. I think I have heard of people that did it voluntarily too.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 4:20 PM

Quote:

Anyone who listens to TSN 1290 will know who this guy is

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Quote:
Except you haven't been talking about people voluntarily getting sterilized, you've been talking about mandatory sterilization for those who are considered a drain on society. Do you really wanna live somewhere where a nanny state gets to decide who is "fit" to have kids and who isn't? What other major life decisions do you think the state should make on people's behalf? Maybe the government should tell you where you have to live and what to do for a living as well? How does that sound Castro?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan