HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
We can all look forward to 20% of it being used as a Halloween store 30 days per year.
Added North Regina locations of the following chains would work in the subdividing of the former Lowe's Northgate Mall space:

Winners/Homesense
Bed Bath and Beyond
Marshall's

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Nov 21, 2019 at 4:18 AM.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 4:35 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Added North Regina locations of the following chains would work in the subdividing of the former Lowe's Northgate Mall space:

Winners/Homesense
Bed Bath and Beyond
Marshall's
Bed, Bath, and Beyond is going through a major restructure right now, so I don't think they'd open a second Regina location. A north Winners/Homesense is interesting though. As for Marshall's, I still don't understand that store and why the locations are so close to Winners. It's part of the same company and just feels like a smaller version of Winner's . I guess sometimes, some of its products are a bit better, but overall, what's the main difference?

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Bed, Bath, and Beyond is going through a major restructure right now, so I don't think they'd open a second Regina location. A north Winners/Homesense is interesting though. As for Marshall's, I still don't understand that store and why the locations are so close to Winners. It's part of the same company and just feels like a smaller version of Winner's . I guess sometimes, some of its products are a bit better, but overall, what's the main difference?
U-haul, LOL

Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 8:52 PM

Just went for a walk around downtown, and noticed a couple exciting things at the West 11th block. Gud Eats has started renovating their space, and I've posted more info about that in the Pubs and Restaraunts thread.

UnderstandUs has moved into the last vacant main floor spot on the block, in between the new Mortise and Tenon location and the new Cub clothing store. Wasn't able to see too much of the inside, but it appears they have a few racks of clothing moved in.

With Cub, UnderstandUs, and Gud Eats moving in, all main floor spaces on the block are now full. Appears that the basement space at 2419 11th Ave is still vacant, and some of the 2nd floor spaces may be vacant, as I am only aware of X-ray records and Payl clothing having 2nd floor spaces.

Very exciting to see this block go from essentially empty to full in the span of a year or two. Excited to see if this means new commercial construction on the NW side of downtown as a vast majority of commercial spaces are now full.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoy View Post
Just went for a walk around downtown, and noticed a couple exciting things at the West 11th block. Gud Eats has started renovating their space, and I've posted more info about that in the Pubs and Restaraunts thread.

UnderstandUs has moved into the last vacant main floor spot on the block, in between the new Mortise and Tenon location and the new Cub clothing store. Wasn't able to see too much of the inside, but it appears they have a few racks of clothing moved in.

With Cub, UnderstandUs, and Gud Eats moving in, all main floor spaces on the block are now full. Appears that the basement space at 2419 11th Ave is still vacant, and some of the 2nd floor spaces may be vacant, as I am only aware of X-ray records and Payl clothing having 2nd floor spaces.

Very exciting to see this block go from essentially empty to full in the span of a year or two. Excited to see if this means new commercial construction on the NW side of downtown as a vast majority of commercial spaces are now full.

Would love a complete overhaul and redevelopment of the Empire Hotel chunk at Albert and Sask Drive with retail and a new Hotel tower to compliment the restaurants and shops of that portion of 11th Avenue.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 9:13 PM

Quote:
Would love a complete overhaul and redevelopment of the Empire Hotel chunk at Albert and Sask Drive with retail and a new Hotel tower to compliment the restaurants and shops of that portion of 11th Avenue.
This is probably the project I most desire in the city. I think a 15-25 story building right at the corner of Sask and Albert would be very well complemented by a wrap around 3 story podium with main floor retail and second/third floor commercial/residential. Could have the podium wrap around to be street facing on 11th as well as McIntyre.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 2:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoy View Post
This is probably the project I most desire in the city. I think a 15-25 story building right at the corner of Sask and Albert would be very well complemented by a wrap around 3 story podium with main floor retail and second/third floor commercial/residential. Could have the podium wrap around to be street facing on 11th as well as McIntyre.
And a hotel would have a perfect sight line and distance from the stadium.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2019, 1:46 AM

The 15,000 sqft space at the Cornwall Centre former Sears main floor sounds more and more like it would be a Shoppers.

http://www.cushmanwakefieldregina.co...ugust-2019.pdf

The Midtown Plaza Property Download update shows a new 15,000 sqft Shoppers on the main floor of their old Sears space so with that, wouldn’t there be a likelihood that there would be a copy move coming for the Cornwall Centre?

http://www.cwcanadaassetservices.com...midtown-plaza/

Old Posted Dec 8, 2019, 6:58 AM

I ask the construction workers every time I pass through the former Sears space and get the usual we don't know answer, but last week one worker told me it is going to be Urban Barn. If he was correct, I don't know how I feel about that. I have known the pharmacist-owner of the Cornwall Shoppers Drug Mart for many years and he knows nothing about a move into a different space, but he also told me that it is not him that makes the decision but rather SDM's head office.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2019, 7:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post

I ask the construction workers every time I pass through the former Sears space and get the usual we don't know answer, but last week one worker told me it is going to be Urban Barn. If he was correct, I don't know how I feel about that. I have known the pharmacist-owner of the Cornwall Shoppers Drug Mart for many years and he knows nothing about a move into a different space, but he also told me that it is not him that makes the decision but rather SDM's head office.
I think Urban Barn would be awesome for the Cornwall Centre. Other than the Bay, there is no furniture/home decor/design store in that section of downtown. But I would still love an expanded Shoppers.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2019, 1:58 PM

Quote:
I think Urban Barn would be awesome for the Cornwall Centre. Other than the Bay, there is no furniture/home decor/design store in that section of downtown. But I would still love an expanded Shoppers.
The Bay's furniture department is pricey. They have a few $4000 chairs and $7000 sofa's. Even when they are 50% off it is still too expensive for me (and just about everyone else) so maybe UB would be good. I was only in the UB at Grasslands once, when it opened.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2019, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
The Bay's furniture department is pricey. They have a few $4000 chairs and $7000 sofa's. Even when they are 50% off it is still too expensive for me (and just about everyone else) so maybe UB would be good. I was only in the UB at Grasslands once, when it opened.
Also a brand new glamorous Urban Barn furniture store would really make the Bay basement level furniture area look like a dump. Wish they would replace all the carpet and tile in the Regina Hudson’s Bay store.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2019, 3:31 PM
BANNED

Is it possible there was some confusion and that it could be an Urban Planet?

Old Posted Dec 8, 2019, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
I remember hearing this as well. Urban Planet seems to have been taking up a lot of the leases from the Forever 21 closures in the GTA so wondering if they are trying to move into major malls across Canada from their current locations.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2019, 7:56 PM

Quote:
The construction guy I talked to said Urban Barn, but you are right, Urban Planet would make a lot more sense.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2019, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Yes it would be Urban Planet. My understanding is that there is one small tenant relocating from the mall and that they are working hard on a restaurant/bar that currently has no location in Regina, but there is nothing firm. There is no office component. They are building out the space for CRU tenants with the hope that once built and a few tenants are in place, others will follow.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2019, 4:00 PM

Or Urban Outfitters?

Anyways, Bentley is closing in the Cornwall, again.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2019, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yveseluj View Post
Or Urban Outfitters?

It is not Urban Outfitters.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2019, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yveseluj View Post
Or Urban Outfitters?

Yeah, WTF is with that?
Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Old Posted Dec 9, 2019, 7:57 PM

Was Urban Planet the one that was in the Golden Mile prior to renovations? The bargain basement store with stark florescent lighting?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan