HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Dubai Towers Dubai - Tower 1 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Dubai Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Aug 14, 2008, 9:22 PM
Information Age

That cluster will indeed be very unique in this world.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2008, 9:38 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

^^ I don't think they're the actual designed towers though. Just the Dubai Towers, everything else was probably just arbitrarily added in by the renderers

Old Posted Jan 16, 2009, 8:39 PM

Any news on this project? I see from the Wikipedia article that it's no longer "approved" but now "proposed", with the projected completion date in 2014 rather than 2011.

I've heard lots of commentary that worlds-tallest-buildings are usually started in boom times, and finished in down times. Looks like the Burj Dubai is no exception ... and with that in mind, has this project been postponed due to our worldwide economic woes?

Old Posted Jan 16, 2009, 10:34 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

I think this is on hold or maybe cancelled. The developer is in shit right now and there is bad progress on the whole lagoons project so I doubt this will be built.

Apparantly the signature towers project is also not going to be built.

There is no official confirmation of this though.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2009, 10:39 AM

So does it mean that the "Lagoons" won't be built?

That would be a pity if the "Dubai Towers" were cancelled because I think it's a very original project

Concernint the Signature Towers, (I know it's not the good topic), the area were they have to be built is already ready, in front of the new water areas, not very far from the Burj Dubai. If it's cancelled, what are they going to build at the same place?

Old Posted Jan 19, 2009, 10:33 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo Flo View Post
So does it mean that the "Lagoons" won't be built?

That would be a pity if the "Dubai Towers" were cancelled because I think it's a very original project

Concernint the Signature Towers, (I know it's not the good topic), the area were they have to be built is already ready, in front of the new water areas, not very far from the Burj Dubai. If it's cancelled, what are they going to build at the same place?
Yes the lagoons will probably not be built now. With the signature plot there's nothing they can do since they have no money. They will leave it as a sand pit until they decide to do something and it may be several years before that or someone else might buy the plot from them.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2009, 9:51 AM

So Malec, do you think the Dubai Opera House is also cancelled? And the new arch bridge which is supposed to cross the sea (It's not really the sea, but I don't know the English word for that) to go to the Lagoons and the Opera's Island?

Old Posted Jan 20, 2009, 4:07 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo Flo View Post
So Malec, do you think the Dubai Opera House is also cancelled? And the new arch bridge which is supposed to cross the sea (It's not really the sea, but I don't know the English word for that) to go to the Lagoons and the Opera's Island?
The opera house is probably cancelled as well as is part of the lagoons project.
Don't know about the bridge but since things are going bad now and people are leaving I think they might not build that too but it depends.
I think they should still build a less extravagant version of the bridge, even if they think they don't need it. That way if more growth happens in the future they'll be ready for it unlike what happened in the past few years.

Old Posted May 22, 2009, 2:33 AM

Well, four months later ... has the outlook gotten any better, or is this still likely to end up just a fantasy? Albeit a fantasy with quite a bit of sand that's neen rearranged ...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive