HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Nov 8, 2007, 6:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Huh?
There hasn't been shit going on, on that piece of land since they cleared out all the trees which was over a year ago. The only new changes have been the frequent signage changes.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2007, 12:25 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21bl0wed View Post
There hasn't been shit going on, on that piece of land since they cleared out all the trees which was over a year ago. The only new changes have been the frequent signage changes.
Actually, site work is beginning as construction of the office buildings will begin in early January. Also, please discontinue the use of the curse words. What are you, 15?

Old Posted Nov 8, 2007, 7:57 PM

21bl0wed, what I'm trying to say is you can get your point across without sounding like a punk kid in high school.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2007, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Actually, site work is beginning as construction of the office buildings will begin in early January. Also, please discontinue the use of the curse words. What are you, 15?
There is no site work beginning there's not even one damn construction truck on the site! I live 2 minutes away I drive by everyday. There hasn't been progress at least in terms of physical movement in months, goin on a year.

There's nothing wrong with swearing, what are YOU, 15? Lol its the internet chill out, i don't care how "young" or "old" or "professional" i sound on the internet. I have a great life and i have bigger fish to fry than worrying about my professionalism on an internet forum. And I'm 20, so i guess you were close.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2007, 10:02 PM
Meh

Give it a rest guys. Can we please not fill the thread with a bunch of garbage.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 3:01 AM

get em....haha

i like the little arguments. they are entertaining. i just turned 21. but age should have nothing to do with it. its just a forum. u want professional. then pay me. haha. otherwise who really cares. everyone just play nice. old people, dont be jerks, yungins, dont be immature. but i dont post a lot on here. just cuz i dont wanna end up getting banned if someone makes some smart lil comment to me.

i think i mighta got banned from city-data for goin off on someone. haha. oh well. this is way off subject, but i didnt start it. lol

www.myspace.com/tonemayne

Last edited by tone mayne; Nov 9, 2007 at 3:25 AM.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 6:43 AM

guys this is how women fight... and i thought that this was a guys forum (for the most part... ladies are cool too though) and i as a homosexual individual am quite appalled that men are acting like such ladies...

y'all know i love y'all and i'm just being a dumbass when i say my little jokes such as the one as above... so as i have heard before "don't worry, be happy!"

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 9:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21bl0wed View Post
There is no site work beginning there's not even one damn construction truck on the site! I live 2 minutes away I drive by everyday. There hasn't been progress at least in terms of physical movement in months, goin on a year.
I saw a bunch of people surveying the land on Monday which makes sense since construction will begin in two or three months. And of course you haven't seen any physical movement in over a year, Turnberry sat on their butts until Galo and Fulcrum recently bought the land from them.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2007, 12:22 AM

Bump considering the latest announces in this area.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 9:14 PM

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 2:17 AM

This site will soon go vertical. I'm sure it will take years to develop, as it includes a few dozen buidlings.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndresAndujar View Post
This site will soon go vertical. I'm sure it will take years to develop, as it includes a few dozen buidlings.
You are correct Andres, Brad Galo said this is a 5-7 year long type development. Since you are or did work closely with The Landmark, do you know how high some of the buildings will be? I know the office portion will be mid and high rise.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2008, 12:17 PM

Updated site plan for The Landmark.

From what I've heard:

The building that is solely residential will be a very (very) nice sized high-rise. There will be some residential in the mixed-use portion. as well. The developers are going hard after a really upscale hotel for one of the two hotels. I mean upscale. The office buildings will range in heights from 3-4 stories to 15-18 stories. Hopefully Andres can come in here and either confirm or deny some of this since he is working on this project.

Last edited by sirkingwilliam; Feb 2, 2008 at 12:28 PM.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2008, 7:55 AM

San Antonio Bizjournal

Randy Lankford

It doesn’t take a gemologist to see the 400 acres at the southeast corner of Interstate Highway 10 West and Loop 1604 on San Antonio’s Northwest Side is a diamond in the rough. But it does take a certain vision to imagine what that diamond is going to look like once it’s been cut and polished.

Brad Galo, chief executive officer of Galo Properties, has that vision.

Surrounded by thousands of rooftops; UTSA; giant employers like USAA and Valero Energy Corp, and at the intersection of two of San Antonio’s most heavily traveled freeways, 98 acres of the site will soon be joining upscale shopping and leisure developments The Rim, The Shops at La Cantera and The Westin La Cantera Resort as part of what is rapidly becoming San Antonio’s entertainment epicenter.

Galo is turning the property into a mixed-use combination of retailers, multi-family housing, offices and hotels to be known as The Landmark.

The development plans for the land were stipulated by the former owners, a family from Mexico doing business as Galleria Ventures Ltd.

“They’ve owned those 400 acres for many years,” says Deborah Bauer, president of Drake Commercial Group, who brokered the deal. “It’s controlled by a group of cousins whose fathers were brothers. They wanted to see the land developed in a spectacular way. They didn’t want to cut it up into pieces and sell it one acre at a time. Now, the cousins want to fulfill that vision. They want to see it developed in a quality way.”

The family had already sold the parcel once. But when Florida-based retail developer Turnberry Associates didn’t follow through on development plans, Bauer was asked to find another - and this time, local - developer.

“So I took it to Brad,” explains Bauer. He has a great reputation here in town. He has the ability to look at a project from a local point of view and see the opportunities.”

Galo, in turn, partnered with Fulcrum Development to purchase the property in June ‘07 in a deal that had to be completed quickly. “When we discussed selling the property the cousins were looking for someone who understands the market and understands this is a prime corner.” Bauer adds. “If we’re going to sell it, let’s sell t to someone local and do it quickly.”

Unique opportunity

Walt Busby, president and chief operating officer of Galo Properties, says the speedy deal came at a price. “It wasn’t a wholesale purchase. A lot of time we buy properties in the thousands of acres and end up with a commercial piece about this big but rarely do we buy a site that’s 100 percent commercial,” he explains. “This is a little unusual for us, but it’s such a unique corner, probably one of the preeminent corners in the state that we just couldn’t pass it up.”

Since purchasing the property Galo has been working with numerous firms to create a master site plan to make sure the parcel is developed to its full potential.

“It’s like cutting a diamond,” Busby explains. “If you mess up on that first cut then the values are somewhat impaired after that. We don’t want to do that. We want our first cut to be our best shot at it and to bring the best people to bear on the front end and then have them stay with us throughout the development.”

“It’s going to meet or exceed all the city’s requirements. There are going to be upscale street designs with landscaped medians and a couple of lanes in each direction. There will be sidewalks and jogging trails throughout. It’s going to be a little bit different than what you’re used to seeing.”

“We don’t have a final site plan yet, but we’re able to start preparing for the future by developing the master utility plan so regardless of what goes in there we have a way of serving the needs of that development..”

Galo is planning to break ground on phase one of the project in the third quarter. The site is expected to eventually be home to 1.5 million square feet of office space and 400,000 square feet of retail. Busby is also projecting a 35-acre mixed-use site combing ground floor retail with an upper level of multi-family housing and office.

“San Antonio is a different kind of city to do that in. It works well in high-density downtown locations because you have so many people,” Busby says. “Trying to do it in more suburban locations , you want it to be real instead of just a movie set. You want to have real tenants living there and paying rent. So that’s the challenge, to make it attractive and high-energy and a place people want to live, shop and eat.”

Busby adds that Galo Properties is also talking to several hotel operators about building a 200+ room hotel on the site.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio