HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lifealex View Post
SCOPE / COMPONENTS
- 12-story residential over five-levels of parking
- 336 units
- Mix of Studio, 1BR and 2BR units
- 3,200 sf roof-top terrace
- Amenity pool deck on top of parking
- Future hotel proposed adjacent to residential tower
- Residential tower is under construction, expected completion spring 2020 https://www.nilesbolton.com/generation/
The building will be constructed using the Prescient pre-fab steel stud system. A salvo in the war on high construction costs--

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 1:14 PM

Well now that 3stacks is banned, y’all get my shitty updates.

Hanover West Peachtree finally has an open sidewalk all the way around the building.

Dear god let there be some interesting news at this month’s Midtown DRC

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 2:38 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

ATL3k banned. This thread about to get real boring.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
ATL3k banned. This thread about to get real boring.
Wha' happened???

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finergrain View Post
Wha' happened???
He called someone a “MFer” and told them to “get their ass back to the Chicago forum”. He then said something like “there is one person I do want to die, can you guess who?” When a mod deleted his posts, he said that they needed to delete the posts that the other person made (even though the other poster did nothing wrong). 3k said that if the mod wouldn’t delete the other posts, then he would be done with the forum. When the mod tried to explain, 3k asked to have his account deleted. He got what he asked for.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 4:11 PM

An appeal to bring back Atlanta3000

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=236087

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 4:21 PM

Just create a new account, Atlanta3001. I'm already up to maybe 10 or 11 on CD. I get banned every week or so there.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 4:32 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username123 View Post
He called someone a “MFer” and told them to “get their ass back to the Chicago forum”. He then said something like “there is one person I do want to die, can you guess who?” When a mod deleted his posts, he said that they needed to delete the posts that the other person made (even though the other poster did nothing wrong). 3k said that if the mod wouldn’t delete the other posts, then he would be done with the forum. When the mod tried to explain, 3k asked to have his account deleted. He got what he asked for.
Now if he wished death on someone (serious or not), then I don't blame the mods for reacting the way they did.

The fact that he didn't get an instant ban after that (without having to ask for permission) just shows how lenient the mods on this forum are.

Annoying posters aside, that was just taking things too far. There are more civil ways to handle problematic people (like ignoring and reporting them).

Last edited by skyscraperpage17; Oct 4, 2018 at 4:55 PM.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 5:18 PM

He was defending people earning a minimum wage. If he cannot do that on a forum about cities, the liberal bleeding hearts of the world, what’s the point of having community discussion threads?

And I doubt 3k was speaking harm toward any posters. He’s only scornful to the current administration. Either way, I think it’s a good reminder to keep things on topic and less direct toward individuals posting.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Hanover West Peachtree finally has an open sidewalk all the way around the building.
NCR Phase 2 sidewalk is open now too, and they're putting in chess tables and benches. Small update but yay for walkability and public amenities!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 7:01 PM

Midtown coming through

NEW APPLICATION: CA Ventures - 699 Spring Street (Spring St @ 3rd St.)
Project Type: New student housing project of 27 stories with retail uses of 9,400 SF at the southeast

corner of Spring St. and 3rd St. Two separate ground floor retail spaces are accessible
from Spring St. and 3rd St. with a common lobby for residential access along Spring St.
Above grade are six (6) levels of podium parking with ~315 parking spaces topped by 19
stories with 320 units (715 beds) marketed to students. The project locates both
vehicular and loading access from a shared drive along 3rd St.
Applicant(s): Jessica Hill, Morris Manning & Martin LLP, jhill@mmmlaw.com
Francisco Rios, CA Ventures, FRios@ca-ventures.com
Chris Johnson, CA Ventures, Cjohnson@ca-ventures.com

6:00 NEW APPLICATION: CA Ventures - 903 Peachtree Street
Project Type: New 32-story residential project with ground floor retail uses of ~12,000 SF at the
southeast corner of Peachtree St. and 8th St. Retail space is accessible from Peachtree St.
and the residential lobby entrance is on 8
th St. Above grade are eight (8) levels of podium
parking with ~549 parking spaces topped by 23 residential stories with 417 market-rate
units. The project proposes separated vehicular and loading from 2 drives along 8th St.

SPI-17

6:30 NEW APPLICATION: Freeman Partners - 1084 Piedmont Avenue
Project Type: New 7-story residential condos with up to 29 units (total of 42,220 SF). The lobby entrance
is located on Piedmont Ave. Parking is provided via a bi-level deck with 40 spaces
accessible from 12th St. Open space is found primarily on the 6th level terrace of ~3,400 SF
with pool.

Applicant(s): Michael Gamble, Gamble + Gamble, mgamble@gg-architects.com
Brad Berman, Freeman Partners, brad@freeman-partners.com

https://www.midtownatl.com/_files/do...100918_rev.pdf

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
6:00 NEW APPLICATION: CA Ventures - 903 Peachtree Street
Project Type: New 32-story residential project with ground floor retail uses of ~12,000 SF at the
southeast corner of Peachtree St. and 8th St. Retail space is accessible from Peachtree St.
and the residential lobby entrance is on 8
th St. Above grade are eight (8) levels of podium
parking with ~549 parking spaces topped by 23 residential stories with 417 market-rate
units. The project proposes separated vehicular and loading from 2 drives along 8th St.

SPI-17
Hmm, this is on the FDA property across from Metropolis

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
903 Peachtree Street is the building that Bezoria is in. I would assume that the whole strip, including Bulldogs, will be torn down. If this happens, that stretch of Peachtree will be changed dramatically. The project on Piedmont is the lot where Skate Escape is located.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
No - it's the strip center across the street where Bezoria, Noodle, and T-Mobile are located. Unclear if it involves Bulldogs and the parking lot parcel adjacent to this next to Hanover's current project.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 7:25 PM

Here is 1084 Piedmont.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
No - it's the strip center across the street where Bezoria, Noodle, and T-Mobile are located. Unclear if it involves Bulldogs and the parking lot parcel adjacent to this next to Hanover's current project.
Separate owners, for each of those parcels, so I'd doubt it. I'd assume Cartel got tired of renting out the Crab Shack/Hi-Five/Villians space and decided to sell that whole 903 parcel. Still crazy just a few blocks down there's a whole empty parking lot without active tenants that will still be sitting there while this goes up.

We already knew about the 3rd & Spring, so that's great. Development is starting to creep south into no-mans land of 3rd/Ponce/W.Peachtree/Spring.

And having a high-quality development at 12th and Piedmont will really help the looks of that intersection. It was just a matter of time before Skate Escape was demo'd.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 7:45 PM

I am amped to see these renderings! Peachtree & 8th would be a fantastic addition. In comparison, Hanover Peachtree is 29 stories and 342 residences.

Peachtree and 3rd... student housing.. whatever. It'll be nice to have an uptick in the area and help re-engage GT w/this part of Midtown (and hopefully activate more of Downtown). Anyways, 6 levels of parking + 19 stories of residences =/= 27 stories total... Really hoping this takes up max 1/3 of the entire block.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 8:05 PM

Midtown Union demolition permit is ready to issue as of today. The land development permit is finishing up and shouldn't be far behind.

1295 Spring St in Accela.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
Midtown Union demolition permit is ready to issue as of today. The land development permit is finishing up and shouldn't be far behind.

1295 Spring St in Accela.
Let's hope it doesn't turn into another 1105 W. Peachtree. If I had to pick either of these projects, for me it'd be 1105. Fills in a huge hole along W. Peachtree. The pedestrian experience along that corridor is horrendous.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptychtwo View Post
Let's hope it doesn't turn into another 1105 W. Peachtree. If I had to pick either of these projects, for me it'd be 1105. Fills in a huge hole along W. Peachtree. The pedestrian experience along that corridor is horrendous.
I absolutely agree w/this. I think Midtown's goal should be to get 14-North ave as vibrant as possible. IMO, 14th-10th really lack cohesion. Obviously there's need to fill in around Arts Center Station, too. That said, I'm not sure how much an impact more offices at the Selig development will have on the street presence for this part of the town, especially outside regular business hours. My hope is the retail lures residents to this part of town more often.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations