HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #281  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2016, 2:26 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Rumors swirling that the Pump is closing and being replaced by a Bushwakkers inspired pub.
Night clubs are rapidly being replaced by pubs in Regina
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #282  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2016, 3:21 PM
HomerSPC's Avatar
HomerSPC HomerSPC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Regina, Sk
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Night clubs are rapidly being replaced by pubs in Regina
Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
A search for 166 University Park Drive brings up Trifon's Pizza. Is that whole strip of the mall the same address distinguished by letters or something?
Usually, yes. For instance, a mall only has one address, but each store in it is a suite. Same thing applies for most strip malls that aren't completely parallel to the road.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #283  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2016, 10:17 PM
BrannyMuffin BrannyMuffin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Regina
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
A search for 166 University Park Drive brings up Trifon's Pizza. Is that whole strip of the mall the same address distinguished by letters or something?
No, they're all different addresses. O.B. Kitchen next door is 170. WP Garden is 254.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #284  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2016, 11:08 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
No, they're all different addresses. O.B. Kitchen next door is 170. WP Garden is 254.
City approval specifically said it was the former fitness centre (Curves) space
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #285  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 12:55 AM
BrutallyDishonest2 BrutallyDishonest2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
No, they're all different addresses. O.B. Kitchen next door is 170. WP Garden is 254.
The city only recognizes one address for the mall, in this case 166. Canada Post, on the other hand, will often allow you to use suite numbers or individual addresses depending on the location/desire.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #286  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 3:21 AM
Udon'tknow's Avatar
Udon'tknow Udon'tknow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 318
Siam

Siam has a notice up that they are closed for renovations/expansion. I believe they may be taking over the spot to the north of them, which is the only vacant retail space left on that block of Hamilton, the former Picasso hair studio. Would allow them to expand their patio in the summer too I would guess.



From their Facebook page:
Siam will be closed for renovating and expanding our restaurant starting from Monday 19th of December 2016.
We will re-open on Monday 9th of January 2017.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #287  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 3:27 AM
Udon'tknow's Avatar
Udon'tknow Udon'tknow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 318
Caraway Grill

Has also expanded, and their new kitchen looks open, which I think means they now have a larger dining area. I assume all the renos are done but not 100% sure on that. Good to see the ethnic dining options doing so well to expand.

https://www.facebook.com/carawaygril...3254896886910/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #288  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 3:41 AM
BrutallyDishonest2 BrutallyDishonest2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udon'tknow View Post
I believe they may be taking over the spot to the north of them, which is the only vacant retail space left on that block of Hamilton, the former Picasso hair studio.
Unless something just happened Gales is vacant.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #289  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 6:06 AM
Nathan's Avatar
Nathan Nathan is offline
Hmm....
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Regina
Posts: 3,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
Unless something just happened Gales is vacant.
Something has indeed happened.



https://www.facebook.com/luckypathertattoo/

A couple months old now I think.

----

Excited about Siam though, such a fantastic place.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #290  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 1:15 PM
BrutallyDishonest2 BrutallyDishonest2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Something has indeed happened.



https://www.facebook.com/luckypathertattoo/

A couple months old now I think.

----

Excited about Siam though, such a fantastic place.
Aahahahahahahaha. That's who the Gardikiotis' were holding out for? Priceless.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #291  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 2:57 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,610
Lucky Panther is still better than newspaper covered windows.

Caraway and Siam are awesome local establishments. We all must try to patronize them more. You will be rewarded with delicious food. I do not think I have ever ordered off the menu at Siam. I hope to do so in the evening soon.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #292  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 12:45 AM
BrutallyDishonest2 BrutallyDishonest2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Lucky Panther is still better than newspaper covered windows.
Honestly that depends on the type of tattoo parlour though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Caraway and Siam are awesome local establishments. We all must try to patronize them more. You will be rewarded with delicious food. I do not think I have ever ordered off the menu at Siam. I hope to do so in the evening soon.
My complaint is that they have had probably 6 restaurants attempt to take that space, most of which were not even really competitive to their decaying businesses. Hamilton has greatly improved and I hope it continues to do so.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #293  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 6:44 PM
jadeddog jadeddog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Lucky Panther is still better than newspaper covered windows.

Caraway and Siam are awesome local establishments. We all must try to patronize them more. You will be rewarded with delicious food. I do not think I have ever ordered off the menu at Siam. I hope to do so in the evening soon.
Caraway and Siam are our 2 favorite restaurants in the entire city, great to hear that they are both expanding (they both needed the extra space)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #294  
Old Posted Jan 3, 2017, 11:09 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,610
Probably not good news for Shannon’s Pub and Grill. That location seems cursed.

http://leaderpost.com/news/crime/man...pears-in-court
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #295  
Old Posted Jan 3, 2017, 11:27 PM
jigglysquishy's Avatar
jigglysquishy jigglysquishy is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Probably not good news for Shannon’s Pub and Grill. That location seems cursed.

http://leaderpost.com/news/crime/man...pears-in-court
Food is good, vibe is bizarre, decor is poor, and the crowd is incredibly age diverse.

We need more pubs on 13th.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #296  
Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 12:30 AM
BrutallyDishonest2 BrutallyDishonest2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Probably not good news for Shannon’s Pub and Grill. That location seems cursed.

http://leaderpost.com/news/crime/man...pears-in-court
Doesn't seem very cursed to me?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #297  
Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 7:26 AM
BrannyMuffin BrannyMuffin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Regina
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Food is good, vibe is bizarre, decor is poor, and the crowd is incredibly age diverse.

We need more pubs on 13th.
Bizarre is a good word for it. I like it there, but it kinda feels like you're at a house party in a stranger's basement where everyone is pretty friendly, but no one really knows whose party it is.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #298  
Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 2:56 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
Doesn't seem very cursed to me?
I do not mean they were poor establishments, the ownership just seems to have issues. I recall some issues with Table 10 ownership.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #299  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 2:25 AM
BrutallyDishonest2 BrutallyDishonest2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I do not mean they were poor establishments, the ownership just seems to have issues. I recall some issues with Table 10 ownership.
My understand is that the issue there was a divorce.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #300  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 8:42 PM
Drofmab's Avatar
Drofmab Drofmab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
My understand is that the issue there was a divorce.
Divorce is putting it kindly.
Landlord/tenant/insurance/contractor "disagreement" is likely the best way it can be described.

Though they like the location & the clientele, Table 10 was not sad to leave. Not a bit.
__________________
@drofmab
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:43 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.