HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 4:06 PM
BANNED

Anyone else bothered by the death of Henry Kipling? He seemed to be a good guy, and it is sad that two pieces of dirt who attacked him for beer. Thankfully the female was apprehended.

Why do aboriginal leaders publicly attack governments, police, store owners, etc for racism, not caring about missing aboriginal women, but never come forth to denounce such acts of violence in their community?

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 4:22 PM

^ Obviously it's easier to point the finger at others.

By and large the North End is not a bad place... the trouble is that there is a tiny hardcore of violent degenerates who are literally prepared to kill someone over a case of beer. It's kind of scary that in our society, someone could function in such a primitive, almost neanderthal-like state that they would actually do this to someone.

I mean, on a certain level even feuding drug dealers shooting each other makes sense... bludgeoning someone to death for a $30 case of Budweiser simply does not.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
So as an NK resident, I get a 4% increase in school taxes (River East Transcona SD), 9.2% increase in water bill, 3% increase in civic property taxes, 20% increase on frontage levy...
Winnipeg school division one is getting a 5.1% increase. Does that make you feel better?! Haha ya probably not. Hopefully all these increases will actually make life better. Again, haha ya probably not.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post
Anyone else bothered by the death of Henry Kipling? He seemed to be a good guy, and it is sad that two pieces of dirt who attacked him for beer. Thankfully the female was apprehended.

Why do aboriginal leaders publicly attack governments, police, store owners, etc for racism, not caring about missing aboriginal women, but never come forth to denounce such acts of violence in their community?
Says he was in town attending a social. And gets murdered.... over beer. At the Northern. Which I've been to many a time after a social for beer.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 4:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ Obviously it's easier to point the finger at others.

By and large the North End is not a bad place... the trouble is that there is a tiny hardcore of violent degenerates who are literally prepared to kill someone over a case of beer. It's kind of scary that in our society, someone could function in such a primitive, almost neanderthal-like state that they would actually do this to someone.

I mean, on a certain level even feuding drug dealers shooting each other makes sense... bludgeoning someone to death for a $30 case of Budweiser simply does not.
Very troubling indeed. I fail to grasp this.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 7:19 PM

I know this won't be news to some of the veteran posters here, but I wanted to remind others of the tremendous modernist architecture resource that the Winnipeg Architecture Foundation runs at this website:

http://www.winnipegarchitecture.ca/

Click on 'places' and you will find an amazing collection of building descriptions and backgrounders. Plenty of profiles of important local architects and their work.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 7:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Winnipeg school division one is getting a 5.1% increase. Does that make you feel better?! Haha ya probably not. Hopefully all these increases will actually make life better. Again, haha ya probably not.
Just further reaffirms the decision my wife and I made to leave Manitoba in seven years when we both retire!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 8:04 PM

Fantastic news!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 8:05 PM
BANNED

Hahaha

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 8:49 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Just further reaffirms the decision my wife and I made to leave Manitoba in seven years when we both retire!
Huh. And here I thought you were well into your retirement years.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 10:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
Fantastic news!
Hopefully he and Riverman will live happily ever after in Never-Never Land!

Old Posted Mar 6, 2016, 11:54 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by windypeg View Post
Is it 1950 or am I just really new-age for thinking both parents, not just women, are responsible for properly raising the children they produce?
In 1950, households were nuclear, and the social problems paled in comparison to today. Social assistance increases for every child you have, so why not have more, fail to care for them, have CFS take them, then blame CFS when something happens.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2016, 12:54 AM

The social problems of the '50s paled in comparison to today's except that everyone was racist and sexist as fuck, which you're kind of being right now.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2016, 1:15 AM
BANNED

Racist? Oh? Please elaborate. Did I single out any specific group? If one group is over represented in such cases, then that group needs to stop blaming others and look in the fucken mirror.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2016, 1:57 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Urban recluse is right on this front biguc not always true but it's something that happens I grew up surrounded by people that would.pump kids out to get more money. It's true..... Why u think our system is so jaided and screwed

Old Posted Mar 7, 2016, 2:51 PM
BANNED

Bingo. More community leaders, groups, etc need to focus on curtailing this by promoting self-improvement, and the age-old idea that you have a baby when you know you can take care of that baby--intellectually and financially.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2016, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windypeg View Post
Is it 1950 or am I just really new-age for thinking both parents, not just women, are responsible for properly raising the children they produce?
Well to be fair, when the discussion of abortion comes up, we're always told the man doesnt have a say and the responsibly is the woman's. So....

I think it was apparent what the poster was conveying. And yes, ofcourse men and women, from a young age, should be taught not to have children they cant support.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2016, 5:21 PM

It's still very one sided, from a woman's point of view, with children. They carry the baby for 9 months (then shoot it out as noted above), so basically run the show. Except that you cant have a baby without a man. Never ending conversation that I have no opinion on!

Old Posted Mar 7, 2016, 5:26 PM

Discussion on children moved here from construction.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2016, 9:09 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
Urban recluse is right on this front biguc not always true but it's something that happens I grew up surrounded by people that would.pump kids out to get more money. It's true..... Why u think our system is so jaided and screwed
You nailed 1ajs, the social system was never designed as an incentive to have more kids, unfortunately this is what has been happening when those least able to afford to look after their kids are indeed the ones having most of them!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan