HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Trump Tower Philadelphia in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 6, 2007, 10:40 PM

^^ Yeah I am sorry for insinuating you were trolling..let's just let it drop. The Trump building is not that bad at all..and Comcast is incredible and far overshadows any negatives about WFS. I wish they would build that BVT too. I do look at and occasionally post in other cities threads (Chicago, NY, SF, etc.) because frankly there is not any high rise construction happening in my city good or bad. One 20 story condo tower that was just finished and that is about it.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 6:50 AM

I hate this building, and wfs. All of those buildings absolutely suck. And need to get remodeled quickly. And it makes me happy that alot of people hate it too. Cause it does simply suck.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 10:43 PM
BeenThere,DoneThat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorkishdork View Post
I hate this building, and wfs. All of those buildings absolutely suck. And need to get remodeled quickly. And it makes me happy that alot of people hate it too. Cause it does simply suck.
That's what I'm talking about.....a strong opinion. Now I feel safe agreeing with you.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2007, 6:43 AM
Atlanta Native

If it makes you feel any better we're not exactly thrilled with ours in Atlanta either.

The tallest tower will be 575' 10" and the second tower will be a paltry 470' 4".

The main entrance with the waterfall faces South West toward Spring St which is a one way street going South. The only way drivers will see the grand waterfall entrance is in their rear view mirror.

Here is the website with all the details. compared to the other towers going up in Atlanta this one is very underwhelming.

http://trumptowersatlanta.com/?cid=1...&bid=810876174

Old Posted Nov 8, 2007, 4:17 PM

^^ It doesn't make me feel any better, considering I like your Trump towerS a lot more than I like our Trump tower. Taller too. But I still want them to build the Trump in Philly.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2007, 9:44 PM
BANNED

update:
test caisson to be drilled next week. rest of foundation construction schedule to be determined by result of that test.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2007, 10:00 PM

skyscraper, didn't you say a while back that TTP's height had been reduced to 505' - has that changed again or is it still on track?

Old Posted Nov 8, 2007, 10:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late1 View Post
skyscraper, didn't you say a while back that TTP's height had been reduced to 505' - has that changed again or is it still on track?
the drawings I just looked at show it to be at 503'-6".

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 3:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
update:
test caisson to be drilled next week. rest of foundation construction schedule to be determined by result of that test.
So does that mean that this building will for sure be built, but the construction schedule will be determined by the test caisson drilling?

Or will the test caisson drilling show if this building can be built or not? In other words...it's not for sure yet?

Did that make sense?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 4:10 AM
Build It!!!

im nervous about the charlotte project too, if it ever happens

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 2:04 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan35 View Post
So does that mean that this building will for sure be built, but the construction schedule will be determined by the test caisson drilling?

Or will the test caisson drilling show if this building can be built or not? In other words...it's not for sure yet?

Did that make sense?
it'll be built, they just need to see what the subsoil conditions are. they know the building is buildable on the site, this is just a standard procedure just to make sure there are no surprises down there.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
it'll be built, they just need to see what the subsoil conditions are. they know the building is buildable on the site, this is just a standard procedure just to make sure there are no surprises down there.
skyscraper, you may have answered this question already (took a look through this thread and can't find anything), but has the design changed much from the pictures posted? If so, what are you thoughts?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 3:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampy88 View Post
skyscraper, you may have answered this question already (took a look through this thread and can't find anything), but has the design changed much from the pictures posted? If so, what are you thoughts?
the design has not changed substantially from the posted pictures. a few minor things here and there, but the photos you have seen are a very close approximation to what will be built.
my opinion, I honestly like the building. I know it's not a cutting edge design or anything, but it is ambitious without being ostentatious. Lots of architects would see this tremendous opportunity to build a luxury high rise on the waterfront and design an attention-whore of a building, which would be an anachronism in 5 years. this is not that. it draws attention to itself but in all the right ways: solid but not flavor-of-the-month design, excellent amenities, brings more life to the waterfront, etc. and I'm not just saying this because I work for the firm that designed it, I honestly believe this. (my contribution was small, just some stair details which I think have changed since I worked on them).
the units themselves are obviously going to be luxurious. it is also going for LEED certification, possibly as high as silver.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 3:16 PM
BeenThere,DoneThat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampy88 View Post
Yes and is the model behind Donny and Ivanka the same building that is in the official illustrations? It doesn't look the same. Also have you seen glass samples? Is that a done deal? It looks alot like the glass going on the RATR imo.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 3:20 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Yes and is the model behind Donny and Ivanka the same building that is in the official illustrations? It doesn't look the same. Also have you seen glass samples? Is that a done deal? It looks alot like the glass going on the RATR imo.
it is the blue glass, not the green. that is a lousy color reproduction on that image behind the trump progeny. the form of the building, ignoring the color, does look more like the green image though. it's just a little more articulated at the top than the blue image on the left, I wouldn't call this a major design change. those images are also taken from two different vantage points. the green one is from the southeast, the blue one from the northwest.
I have not seen glass samples but I don't think it's supposed to be as dark as ratr, but I don't know for sure.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 3:44 PM
Hello

skyscraper, thanks for sharing what you know. Keep us informed.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 5:44 PM
BeenThere,DoneThat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPhillyBoy View Post
skyscraper, thanks for sharing what you know. Keep us informed.
Yes thank you for taking time to enlighten us. I for one really appreciate it. Now If I could just find someone to explain the W hotel.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 10:15 PM

Can someone also explain how construction can begin before pre-sales have even started? They need to first open a sales center and pre-sell in order to close on their construction financing. Btw, drilling one caisson isn't a groundbreaking, it's called site prep in case there needs to be soil remediation work done.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2007, 12:49 AM

I'm surprised that this seems to be happening. I thought I remember reading somewhere that the Trump developers did something to tick off the residents, or councilman. Maybe somebody got a briefcase full of cash.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2007, 12:54 AM
BeenThere,DoneThat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CondoGuru View Post
Can someone also explain how construction can begin before pre-sales have even started? They need to first open a sales center and pre-sell in order to close on their construction financing. Btw, drilling one caisson isn't a groundbreaking, it's called site prep in case there needs to be soil remediation work done.
Leave it to CondoGuru to point out that the Emperer has no clothes. The thing I don't understand is that for the limited pool of people who are willing to live here...wouldn't Waterfront Square have bled the market dry? It really doesn't make any sense to me. I guess they are looking to the future and expecting the neighborhood to make a dramatic transformation which is certainly possible. Maybe the developer has really deep pockets and will wait until later for financing even as they are building.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive