HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Trump Towers Atlanta Tower 1 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Atlanta Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted May 3, 2007, 3:51 AM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by James2390 View Post
I have a feeling they might do some adjustments before they start construction.
I hope it's the opposite of the BS (height reduction) they are pulling with Trump Tower Toronto.

Old Posted May 3, 2007, 11:17 AM
Urban Explorer

If they really plan to start in June, then there won't be any design alterations. Anyone who knows anything at all about construction knows you can't just go changing things like the height of a building on a whim; any changes would necessarily delay this project for months. So many people here think real life is like SimCity...

Old Posted May 3, 2007, 12:49 PM

LOL, gttx, you are so right. I thought Atlanta was SimCity though, we could just wish everything the way we want it and forget about economics and pretend reality doesn't exist.......

Darn, I'm living in the wrong city if that's not the case.....

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted May 5, 2007, 6:08 PM
Tribune in all her glory.

I wasn't aware that the project was starting in June. Excuse me.

Old Posted May 6, 2007, 3:44 PM
FriskyDingo

Correct me if i am wrong, but is this the aproximate location of Trump Atlanta?

This thread is getting stale

Old Posted May 6, 2007, 4:06 PM

^^^ KSU, in that pic, trump towers would be immediately to the left of IBM/atlantic center (or, just north of atlantic center on west peachtree).

Old Posted Jun 1, 2007, 6:14 PM

575 feet

tower one - 575' 10"
tower two - 470' 4"

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 7:38 AM
JoeCooper

I know groundbreaking is this month, but what day exactly is it set for?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 12:13 PM
Urban Explorer

It was supposed to be June 1....but that deadline was missed, apparently. There hasn't been too much news lately.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 1:24 PM
JoeCooper

Typical Trump lack of progress on this project among others including: Tampa, Toronto, New Orleans, Denver, and others on an endless list with fates highly questionable...

Last edited by CHAPINM1; Jun 4, 2007 at 1:32 PM.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 1:59 PM

^ Trump just franchises his name now to developers in the cities listed above and gets paid licensing fees from them I believe. Tampa's project is most likely dead now & Trump is suing the developers.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 10:57 PM
Urban Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
^ Trump just franchises his name now to developers in the cities listed above and gets paid licensing fees from them I believe. Tampa's project is most likely dead now & Trump is suing the developers.
I have no doubt that the Atlanta one will happen.....it's just a matter of when. It's easy to get impatient with construction, but remember that we're talking about hundreds of millions of dollars worth of labor and materials coming together - it doesn't happen over night. I check the site out every day for signs of life, but for now nothing is going on.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2007, 3:26 PM

Thank you gttx. I get tired of hearing on the boards about missed ground breakings.....it's like these dates mentioned in the marketing materials are dates in stone. Until you are holding the construction schedule of the GC, you don't know the exact date for construction activities to begin. Futhermore, there is so much that takes place before a single piece of equipment is on the ground that is construction activity that the general public has no knowledge about. All they see is the actual building rising and assume that's construction...with no thought given to the enourmous amount of behind the scenes activity a project of this caliber requires.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Jun 5, 2007, 4:12 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
Thank you gttx. I get tired of hearing on the boards about missed ground breakings.....it's like these dates mentioned in the marketing materials are dates in stone. Until you are holding the construction schedule of the GC, you don't know the exact date for construction activities to begin. Futhermore, there is so much that takes place before a single piece of equipment is on the ground that is construction activity that the general public has no knowledge about. All they see is the actual building rising and assume that's construction...with no thought given to the enourmous amount of behind the scenes activity a project of this caliber requires.
That doesn't seem to be the case most of the time on the Minneapolis thread, there are several developments awaiting construction such as the Nicollet witch will be the 5th tallest in Minneapolis upon completion. People automatically assume that it is falling through since it hasn't started and has been delayed, people do forget how much planning and time it can take! I like the mentality on this forum, it is much more optimistic!!!

However, I just questioned the construction because I have seen several Trump frachised projects go nowhere for quite sometime now other than the Chicago and Las Vegas projects basically. I know that the Atlanta project will take off, I have a good feeling about it especially with the market being what it is there.

Last edited by CHAPINM1; Jun 5, 2007 at 4:19 PM.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 7:27 PM

There's promotional signs on the site now. Nothing new, just an advertisement but seems like this project will be moving forward soon.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2007, 5:17 PM

Regarding the Trump Towers development, does anybody know if 15th Street will connect W Peachtree St and Spring St? I don't think I've driven past 15th several times and missed the fact the street does not connect the two but I may be paying more attention to traffic. Also, unrelated to TT, will 13th connect the same streets soon or at some point?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVC View Post
Regarding the Trump Towers development, does anybody know if 15th Street will connect W Peachtree St and Spring St? I don't think I've driven past 15th several times and missed the fact the street does not connect the two but I may be paying more attention to traffic. Also, unrelated to TT, will 13th connect the same streets soon or at some point?
15th St will be connected. No word on 13th.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2007, 5:27 PM

In a Business Chronicle article Mark Randall of Wood Partners says that they have reached an '"internal hurdle" of 30% pre sales and they mention fall as the target for groundbreaking.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
In a Business Chronicle article Mark Randall of Wood Partners says that they have reached an '"internal hurdle" of 30% pre sales and they mention fall as the target for groundbreaking.
Great news! I can't wait to see these two go up as well as the Met Life properties right up the street. These will be great infill for the Midtown skyline.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2007, 1:00 PM

Here's a pic of the model in the sales center:

I can't wait to see this baby go up!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive