HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 6:54 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
Which Brewed Awakening locations closed?
Downtown beside Avenue is one.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
Which Brewed Awakening locations closed?
11th Avenue and Campion College are the ones I'm aware of.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 8:05 PM

Didn't 11th avenue just move into Atlantis?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBuild View Post
That's going to be awesome. Imagine a future Regina where Sask Drive is lined with pubs and cafe's for before and after game festivities, similar to Clark Street by Wrigley Field in Chicago.
81 regular season games vs 9, so not comparable, although the Brandt Centre, AffinityPlex and Cooperators Centre are all next door.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
Didn't 11th avenue just move into Atlantis?

For a while Atlantis had Vic as well as 11th, then Brewed acquired 11th. Then they closed it. Shortly after that they acquired the entire Atlantis business, which was essentially the Vic location.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 5:46 AM

Bakery

For those of you familiar with Saltine (Farmer's market) they've recently opened a permanent location on Gordon Road. These guys are the best bakery in the city, on par with the former Orange Boot Bakery, and in the same location. They are only open certain days of the week, but if you haven't checked them out I suggest you do if you want some quality bakery eats!

https://www.facebook.com/saltinebakingco/

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 12:13 AM

The A&W in the Southland Mall food court closed on Sunday. One of the other food court tenants said it was because the rent was too high.

Considering that malls are not as busy as they once were, maybe it is time for the landlords to adjust the lease rates. The former Robins Donuts closed and nothing has replaced it. The Mediterranean place never materialized, and supposedly there will be a sushi place going there, but again, nothing has materialized. Isn't it better to lower the lease rates and fill your empty units and give existing tenants a chance to make a living?

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 2:53 AM

Revival Music Room reopens Labour Day weekend and Pile O’ Bones taproom (with food by Malinche) opens tomorrow on Sask Drive and Cameron St.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 2:40 PM

Has anyone been to the Pile O’ Bones taproom?

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Has anyone been to the Pile O’ Bones taproom?
Doesn't open until 11

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 3:39 PM

Chopped Leaf

I noticed last night signs on Victoria saying that Chopped Leaf was now open at Aurora. I imagine the other food services there will be opening soon as well.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2019, 3:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udon'tknow View Post
For those of you familiar with Saltine (Farmer's market) they've recently opened a permanent location on Gordon Road. These guys are the best bakery in the city, on par with the former Orange Boot Bakery, and in the same location. They are only open certain days of the week, but if you haven't checked them out I suggest you do if you want some quality bakery eats!
...speaking of Brewed Awakening closing locations, this would be another location they closed, if Saltine is actually in the same location as Orange Boot was (Brewed Awakening bought Orange Boot's assets, and used the location as the bakery for their coffee shops around the city).

[EDIT] I see on their FB page that Saltine says they are located next to Brewed Awakening... so I guess BA is still open. Did they cut the bakery, and just focus this location on coffee? Would be weird to have a bakery open next to a bakery. Unless Saltine is related to BA? I'll have to pop by tomorrow.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2019, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
...speaking of Brewed Awakening closing locations, this would be another location they closed, if Saltine is actually in the same location as Orange Boot was (Brewed Awakening bought Orange Boot's assets, and used the location as the bakery for their coffee shops around the city).

[EDIT] I see on their FB page that Saltine says they are located next to Brewed Awakening... so I guess BA is still open. Did they cut the bakery, and just focus this location on coffee? Would be weird to have a bakery open next to a bakery. Unless Saltine is related to BA? I'll have to pop by tomorrow.
The BA Bakery used to be a full service location but then found that making coffee during the day was a distraction to the bakers so they locked their doors to the public and now just concentrate on baking.

Saltine is 'sort of' next to BA, they're on the other side of the mini-mall. The difference being Saltine sells their goods out of their location.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2019, 4:25 PM

Saltine is also available through Brewed one or two days a week.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2019, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
The BA Bakery used to be a full service location but then found that making coffee during the day was a distraction to the bakers so they locked their doors to the public and now just concentrate on baking.

Saltine is 'sort of' next to BA, they're on the other side of the mini-mall. The difference being Saltine sells their goods out of their location.
Makes sense, re: BA... when Orange Boot tried to be a bakery & coffee shop, it really messed up customer flow.

We stopped in yesterday, grabbed a bunch of stuff - all excellent. Saltine isn't on the other side of the mini-mall... it's immediately next to BA. In fact, BA's sign extends over Saltine's entire storefront. It's clear once you're inside that they aren't connected, though - but from the outside, I can imagine someone not noticing Saltine, or assuming it's part of BA.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2019, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
We stopped in yesterday, grabbed a bunch of stuff - all excellent. Saltine isn't on the other side of the mini-mall... it's immediately next to BA. In fact, BA's sign extends over Saltine's entire storefront. It's clear once you're inside that they aren't connected, though - but from the outside, I can imagine someone not noticing Saltine, or assuming it's part of BA.
Really? OK, I follow their instagram and their outside photos look like it's over farther. I'm mistaken then.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 AM

Swiss Chalet and Harvey's are both closing on October 4th.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
Swiss Chalet and Harvey's are both closing on October 4th.
I didn't even know we had these.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 3:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I didn't even know we had these.
We had a location on Albert & Gordon, too, but it shut down over a year ago.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 2:40 AM

Any rumors on Chili's reopening here ? Been some job posting for hostess, servers and kitchen staff over the last few days.

Seems strange it would come back

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan